Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area 55 foot Gravity Group Coaster?

55 foot Gravity Group Coaster?

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 11th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Ahhh yes, thats right a new 55 foot Gravity Group coaster from yours truley. Yeah I know what your thinking thats not very realistic or is it? http://www.thegravitygroup.com/styles_1.html

I inspired my coaster off of those to by height and length requirments only. The ride layout is more Voyage then those to compact designs but it still falls under the catagory of Small Gravity Group because its 55 feet and under.

The track it's self has been finished up to final brake run. The track if all elementary and purg so its pretty smooth and stuff.
But before I make blocking work and all that I'm in search of a person who could hand bank my coaster for me. Im not really a Gravity Group freak so I'm not exactly sure how the banking should be or how many lats it should have. Once it's hand banked I'll heartline the ride and track work will be finished (after i connect of course) And then I'll post more information and pics of the ride. So if you want to help tell me here and I'll send the track to you. In the meantime heres a pic of the ride so who ever wants to hand bank knows what there doing it to.

Image Insert:
78.46 KB

(Where ever the yellow is thats where all the airtime is on the ride [:)])

Post April 11th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Try using trial and error, it's the only way your going to get better[;)]

Post April 11th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Just to let you know...Onslaught was the first NL GG coaster I've done, and I've never been on or seen one in real life...point is it's definately doable, so give it your best shot using those renderings, Hades, and The Voyage as reference. Your layout looks cool so far.

Post April 11th, 2006, 7:36 pm

^ I don't mind if you help me dcs lol, and by the way the layout is finished I just need to make the hill segment going up to the brakes. Because the small GG's need to be under 2200 feet long but this is like 1600 :) So do I have any takers?

Post April 11th, 2006, 7:39 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I wouldn't worry too much about it, make sure it's close to perfect, but if it's off by a few degrees I'm sure many will not take off many points. Just get the GG feeling, that's what's most important to me.

Post April 11th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Just remember that GG's have G's. Some places you can bank to 0 lats, other places, bank to 1 lats, and still others a little higher.

The thing that makes GG seperate I think from others is they are still smooth but very intense. Still have lats.

Post April 11th, 2006, 9:19 pm

well does anyone want to test to tell me what kind of banking i should use?

Post April 11th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post April 11th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I want to let you know that you should figure it out yourself like the rest of us who've made a GG did...

Post April 11th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

its certainly realistic. I mean they have designs for all kindsa styles on their site. the only thing I'd have any problems with is if you tried to recreate the design on the site, which theres no thought into that. but since you aren't doing that, its cool

Post April 12th, 2006, 11:31 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Just remember that GG's have G's. Some places you can bank to 0 lats, other places, bank to 1 lats, and still others a little higher.

The thing that makes GG seperate I think from others is they are still smooth but very intense. Still have lats.

That's a thing I was always wondering about, not having ridden a GG. So do they pull as forceful lats as CCI's in some turns, or not?

Post April 14th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

^Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Hades has some intense lateral moments.

On the GG i've been working on, I've been shotting for around 1 lat in each turn, but keeping it pretty smooth.

Post April 15th, 2006, 4:34 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Hades didn't have as much lateral force as I had expected, but they still are there at almost every turn. I would estimate the lats don't exceed 1g at any point during the ride.

Every CCI I've ridden has been much more focused on laterals than airtime in comparison to GG. I think Hades' blend of laterals and airtime is perfect, enough laterals to add excitement to the turns but having the main intention be the glorious moments of sustained airtime. CCI just didn't do airtime as good as GG (although I haven't ridden Shivering Timbers, but I have been on Timber Terror which has almost equally as good airtime as Hades).

Post April 15th, 2006, 9:21 am

Well I think im gonna go with kinda a lot of lats because I was looking how dcs banked onslaught and that had moments where it went up to 2 lats so knowing thats one of the best wooden coasters ever I thought i'd follow it but my max lateral is only bout 1.6

Return to Hard Hat Area