Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Pepsi Max Big One Shocker

Pepsi Max Big One Shocker

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 13th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
I took my monthly trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach yesterday.
And an absolutely amazing thing happened.
I entered the que very un-anticipated as usuall, knowing the ride has nothing extremly exiting in it apart from the positives.

I sat in the back carriage TRYING to find some air somewhere throughout the layout.
I crest the hill and started accelerating over the top, and at that point, i rose out of my seat and experianced the crazyest floater EVER!
It was absolutely amazing. We climbed up the second hill annoyed that the ride will be the same as usuall from this point.
We crest the hill and again, rose out of my seat, i was absolutely amazed. Not quite ejector but very nice floater.
And normally on the overbank, the train travels very slow. But it shot through it.
The rest of the layout before the MCBR ran very fast.
And we must have been traveling very fast as the brakes actually gave impact on the train and broke very suddenly.
The rest of the ride was just took at the same boring speed throughout the over-overbanked helix (OUCH).

I dont know what it was, it was running absolutely amazingly.
They have either over-greased the wheels or soaked it in oil for about a week, I DONT KNOW!
From that day i have now decided that the Pepsi Max Big One is very underated if you catch it on a day like i did, so much airtime[:)][:)][:)].
I have been on the ride easily without a doubt over a 100 times and have never found the speed and air that was put on that day.

I'm really happy that it actually got fantastic feedback from me that day. Because quite frankly its never had it before.

And if you think i'm lying pm Nemesis Junkie and ask him too.

Go Big One [:)][:)][:)]
EcG
Last edited by english coaster guy on April 13th, 2006, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 13th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Hmm, I rode in the back seat and got tossed around like a ermm...salad, I guess, The first drop was just extremly painful in the back and I have never expierenced airtime on the Big One

Post April 13th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,387.00 Points
me neither, but i've had times where i wasn't expecting much from the ride but it did prove to be better than expected, would be nice to see it majorly modified though.

Post April 13th, 2006, 6:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Sounds like you got the same experience as me on a python clone. Backseat was suddenly way more airtime and felt faster compared to the python at home. But all the stats were the same?!?

Maybe it could be because of an extra car? Or could it be that the lift hill has speed'n-up? Now only adjust those MCBR brakes and the coasterfans are happy [:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 13th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

LOL
I've only ever known one pop of airtime on the PMBO; at the front of the train coming onto the MCBR, and if you get the very front seat (only the VERY front seat, even others in the front car won't do) its actually really smooth!![:O]!!

IMAO I actually think that since Geoffry Thompson passed on and the management changed general maintenence has improved and the woodies have been running significantly faster. The National's wheels have been screaming and the Big Dipper has gotten back to the standard it was before they removed the 4th car (and no longer dissapoints me). Its lush!

All rides can benefit wonders from a little TLC.

Post April 14th, 2006, 9:44 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Me and Gazag experienced the ride going faster, after you lot left the meet-up. It was much better than the first time we rode it, well before the MCBR anyhow [lol]

Return to General Theme Park Discussions