Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Terra Mitica

Terra Mitica

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 1st, 2005, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Terra Mitica is a beautifully themed park near Benidorm on the south-western coast of Spain. The park is spread over a vast mountain-side being over-looked by the mighty 'Magnus Colosuss'and many other high altitude rides. We entered the park and straght away we was amazed by this huge Egiptian temple like structure which we walked under assuming that we was in the Egypt region of the park. Egypt only held 1 ride which was the 'Cataratas del Nilo' which roughly translated to 'Falls of the Nile'. This ride was a log flume consisting of a large forwards drop and a bacwards drop. Although being my favorite 'flume type ride' i wasnt amazed but i enjoyed it to a high extent. Next to Egypt was Greece holding 2 large rides and a few childrens rides. The 1st of the large rides was the parks newest atracttion an 'Intamin Gyro Swing' called 'Synkope'. Balancing at 35m and 90 kph this ride gave a very forcefull and extremly fun ride making this my all time favorite flat ride. The 2nd of the large rides was 'Furia de Triton' a huge water ride which contained a medium sized drop and a huge drop with a very simple layout. Again, a very fun ride and extremly refreshing as the temperature was bordering 30 degrees celsius. After taking in some of the superb scenery and precise theming we moved on to Rome to our main ambition of the trip...... 'Magnus Colosuss'. As in previous topics 'Real' told me to sit in the back seat as airtime on the double down was supposed to be fantastic..... And it was. We rolled around the left hand corner and entered the 1st drop and from this point the airtime started, me and my brother rose out of our seat knowing that the second drop will be absoultely amazing....and guess what... it was (again[:O]) we rose our hands and we experianced the most airtime that we have felt in our entire life. The train rose and dropped constantly, and there was hardly any starght track throughout the whole duration of the ride. To be honest is wasnt as good as i expected but its up there with my top 3 coasters (and ive rode a few[;)]). After being delighted by my trip on the ride we walked around Rome looking at he beautiful buildings and the colosseum and then we headed to 'El Vuelo Del Fenix' a standard ride trade drop ride which was great and the theming around the ride was fantastic. After more walking we entered Iberia and jumped onto 'Tizona' the parks Vekoma SLC. Again extremly well themed, good ride operation, offers a good experiance for everyone apart from people like me who have rode these SLC'S before. There wasnt many rides in Iberia apart from a childrens coaster called 'el tren bravo' a fun two track powered coaster over looking benidorm and the coast-line. After Iberia we decided to ride the parks river rapid ride 'Rapidos del Argos' which was situated in The Islands which was fun, well themed and extremly refreshing.

After re-rides on most of the rides and other atractions and more looking around the parks shops and stalls etc. We called it a day walking out the park with a huge smile on our faces.

There is loads of words for describing this park-beautiful, fantastic, excellent, well presented and loads more. Im sorry to say that this park puts England to shame. It was soooo clean and there was not a piece of litter anywhere and i reccomend it to anyone that visits that part of spain.

Thanks for reading.

ECG

[:D][^][:D][:)]
Last edited by english coaster guy on November 1st, 2005, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 1st, 2005, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Sounds like you had a really good time. Magnus Colossus does look awesome.

Post November 1st, 2005, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Glad that you decided to go! SOunds like you had many rides on most things! I guess the attendance wasnt that high. Was there much of a wait for Magnus Colossus or Tizona?

Post November 1st, 2005, 5:36 pm

^^^^^^ We waited around 20 mins for Magnus Colosuss and hardly anything for Tizona. BUT BELIEVE ME!!! if you went there when the locals are there on the week-end in the middle of the parks season you would probly get on about 4 rides. The sheer length of the que's is amazing and if they were full you'de be waiting easily over 3 hours. And thank you, we did have a good time and i am too glad we decided to go. [lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

Post November 15th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Hey and what was that hidden element that was supposed to be at the end of Mangus Colosuss?

Post April 7th, 2006, 7:14 pm

^^^ There was no hidden element to the ride. I thought they would throw in a 'trick-track' at the end but i guess not lol.
Nevertheless the Helix was a great ending to a fantastic woody!

Post April 15th, 2006, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Not sure if anyone can answer my question but here it is. Right now I'm in Alme?????????ucar, Spain, and I'm wondering how far away Terra Mitica is. I want to see if I could possible go out of the way and the return trip to Madrid. Thanks

Post April 15th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Looks like you had a great time. The theming in this park looks great. A friend of me that was there said that he thought Magnus Colossos was a bit let down. He said it was very rough, and didn't have as much airtime as he had hoped (could have something to do with the fact that we are used to Balder and Thundercoaster[;)])
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post April 20th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports