Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Playstation 3
57%
XBOX 360
20%
Revolution
24%

Total votes : 46

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
Which do think will do the best? Not what you want or like the the most, but which will sell the best.

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

PS3 could cost up around $600, and the Revolution is less popular, so I say the 360.

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,269.00 Points

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

360 is way better. i have one and it is just stunning. the graphics on fifa 06 are pure and sharp, goto be the 360.
Making screams come true

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,966.00 Points

most games on xbox 360 are crap most of them are milked down verses of current gen games (madden, nba live)
PS3 will have the best games but will cost like a billion dollars...[lol] i wish there would and make my day
Revolution has some decent games and will be the cheapest.

I will pick between the revolution and Ps3 depending on the price of the ps3 even though i probably can afford[:D]

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

gazag, wait till the ps3 comes out....preview renders for it WHOOPED xbox360's ass. idc if its 500 bucks...PS3 all the way.

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on the 360 is pure magic. There will be no difference between the top capabilities of the Sony and Xbox (1080i) and the Xbox has the better processer.

Not to mention the Xbox, in it's flawed state, is at least out.

Post April 20th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^^Exactly, PS3 looks so much more realistic and cleaner cut. Like they said you get what you pay for.

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

PS3 will sell the most mainly due to the fact I would say it's the most recognised gaming system. If you took a random 8 year old child who has no knowledge on gaming which console he would want, I bet he would say Play Station everytime

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Originally posted by ragan

gazag, wait till the ps3 comes out....preview renders for it WHOOPED xbox360's ass. idc if its 500 bucks...PS3 all the way.

have you seen what has happened to the ps3, its been pushed back another 9 months, i need something to pass the time as the ps2 is now crap.

also all the ps3 games will probally be like the ps2, buzz, sing star, dance mania, eye toy ect. justfor kids not for the men amoung us who like proper games. the only diffrence in the ps3 will be the graphics and wireless controlers just like what happened between the ps1 and the ps2.

the 360 also offers yo o much more such as live wire, access to your pc throught your tv, internet and a media center all of wich the ps3 will not have.

also remember the graphics are only as good as your tv or your eye sight.
Making screams come true

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I say PS3.

1. Because I havent even heard of this Revolution thing???
2. Because 360 already is on the market, and we know it didnt sell.

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Where is the mighty 'Super Nintendo' or the 'N64'.
They were the only consoles which had extreme fun and SUPER MARIO [:D]
and Mario Kart which wereames in history.

All modern consoles are just like drugs. They overpower peoples minds IMO.
There are many quite disturbing stories related to consoles.
Like the mother who took a PS2 off her kid because he had been on it took long one day. And he was so destrought, he killed himself.

Not forgetting Manhunt,That game was banned because people recreated the actions within the game meaning they went out, put plastic bags over peoples heas and massacred them to death with blunt weapons.

Its an extremly competative market now-days meaning games are made to compete, and not for fun.

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah, but Gazag this topic states 'which console will sell more' not 'which console is better'

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Im not sure why people would think that the XBox isnt selling...they are still selling out days within they reach the stores. Is that not enough for you guys?

I just checked out some screens...I dont know if youve ever played on a 360 but the graphics are nearly identical. Alot of the screens I saw were probably rendered cutscenes and not live action. I mean really, the one shot of the guys forehead so close you could see the beads of sweat is NOT a part Id want to be controlling. Honestly, how much can you play from that vantage point? Its most likly a live action cutscene.

Plus Ive seen the numbers and done the math and the differences arent that huge. The bad thing that Sony needs to figure out is how to make that Blue-Ray read at an acceptable speed - not the 10-12x it was supposed to. Thats freakin slow. Especially when they say itll have monster sized discs.

360 has caught on. They still sell out and they still have their heavy hitter games coming out. Wait for Halo 3. XBox didnt really "catch" till Halo 2 came out and that was what got XBox up to PS's level. PS needs to get on the ball and get this out. The longer they wait the more marketshare they lose - simple as that.

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Nicely said Real, I agree with everything you said.

360 are hard to get guys, you just have to be lucky and be at the store at the right time. The only other options are to order and wait or spend a fortune on ebay.

The major thing between the Microsoft and PS systems in my eyes is the online play. Xbox Live owns any online feature PS has.

I can't wait for Halo 3, should be a dandy.

Post April 20th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Originally posted by Edge

Yeah, but Gazag this topic states 'which console will sell more' not 'which console is better'

yeah ok then its still the 360

ps3 will be too expensive and will fade out after a few months like the ps2 but the 360 will keep on going just like the previous xbox which is still selling well.

does that answer your question?
Making screams come true

Post April 20th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

PS3 is gonna rock no doubt, but the revolution would also be really awesome even if the games for the platform suck because you can download any NES, SNES or Sega game for like $1. And they have so really awesome controller for first person shooters, so we'll have to see. I'm still just gonna get the ps3

The one thing about all these consoles is that no matter what, if you want true game play and power that keeps getting progressively better with each release, stick with comp games. Hardware upgrades are needed maybe every 5 years to keep up and are easy to get and the graphics on computer games are so much better than anything a console will ever put out.

Post April 20th, 2006, 7:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

the ps3 won't fade out gazag, lol have you noticed how over the 5 or 6 years its been on the market, they've kept selling and selling and selling? even if you don't hear about any hype with the ps3, it'll still keep selling if it can match what the ps2 did for its time, which seems pretty likely to happen.

Post April 20th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
of all of them that I'd get it'd be the Revolution becuase it'd be the best platform for party games and any of the seriousish games I play would be on PC. I can live without Halo 3 and GTA games.

Post April 21st, 2006, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I think that my console would probably be the revolution. I would love to have some of the old N64 games to be able to play on a newer console. That way I wouldn't have to drag out the N64 whenever I want to play DK64 or Ocaraina of Time. Those are my two all time favorite games, which I still haven't beat. It seems to me that all the new games are just too easy.

Post April 21st, 2006, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
PS3 is just too expensive, and the developing costs will probably turn down a lot of 3rd party developers. They're taking the path N64 took, without first party games to back themselves up. XBox 360 is bugged up pretty badly and overheats easily (or so I've heard), and nintendo isn't too popular with teens to young adults in the US (as they're all on their PSP's, etc), and while the revo has a nice controller, it's lack of power might be an issue. For now, it's hard to tell what will happen.

Post April 21st, 2006, 10:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
Gotta be PS3. I've been 'loyal' to Sony since the origonal PS, and I stil have many of the origional games, like the first three games in the Crash series (some of the best ever RPG's IMO).

Post April 22nd, 2006, 3:42 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I think cost is going to start to become an issue as this technology grows. Just compare the 360 to the n64. My N64 cost not more than 150 USD and the games were around 30-50ish. Now lets look at the X-box 360, the base model costs 300 if you want to play online it costs 400. Each game is at least 55 bucks as is the controller. The extra crap you can buy also costs abit. The 20 dollar faceplate is a pretty steep price for a piece of plastic. Then theres the 60 GB harddrive you can get for it that costs 80 USD if my memory serves me.

TANGENT------------->FYI for all those who want a bigger HD in your 360 it runs off of an IDE harddrive so you could literally take it out and hook it into you PC just fine and any Harddrive will do, you just gotta copy to 360 OS onto it and your set.

back to what I was saying. All that money is going to add up. Not to mention in order to play "High Definition Games" you need to have a High definition TV which if you dont have one will set you back at least 1000.

does anyone know what the expected prices of the PS3 and revo are supposed to be?

Post April 22nd, 2006, 5:27 am

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
I think the 360 will sell more but PS3 will be better.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion