Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Favorite or Least Favorite Coasters

Favorite or Least Favorite Coasters

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 25th, 2003, 10:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

Explain what is you favorite coaster(s) and rate it 1-10 and/or explain your least favorite coaster and rate it 1-10 then tell why or why not you like that particular coaster so much.[;)][8D][:D][:)]
Last edited by Canadmos on April 24th, 2006, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 25th, 2003, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
good topic!

My fav. coaster would have to ben Mindbender at West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton,AB. It's my fav. because it's just an amaising all-round experience. It was custom made by Schwarzkopf so there's nothing like it in the world [:)]. On a scale from 1-10 it would be a 9.5 (not the most comfortable coaster out there).

I wouldn't really say that I have a least fav coaster.

Post April 25th, 2003, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

Personally I would say that my favorite coaster is Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood park, West Mifflin (Near Pittsburgh-where i live) Pennsylvania. the ride is so smooth compared it the late-great Steel Phantom. I love the open cars and lap-bars it also have great hyper-terrain coaster elements like 2 killer drops, the first at 160ft. & 72 mph then the second at 230ft. & 82+ mph. I rate it a 10!

My least favorite would have to be Serial Thriller at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Auroa, Ohio, because it was head-bangging. I also had to wear a cast the next day because as the train decended the lift, my foot hit a support beam. I'm only 5"11 you tell me what the problem was, they sure didn't know as well as I. And no the law was not involved because I wasen't hurt bad, it just messed up my walking for a few weeks. So with that said I rate Serial Thriller a 6 (only because I like the inversions and the park itself.)

Post April 26th, 2003, 12:59 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Fav: Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa or Raging Bull @ SFGAM, both are 10's. The all around experience of both is 100% different, that is why I listed them both, and they are both just exciting from start to finish.

Least Fav: Some garbage coaster @ a local carnival thing.

Post April 26th, 2003, 5:33 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
my favorite is Goliath at SFH it's just a great speed thrill and i love the G forces in the banked turns, not to mention the airtime and stengel dive [8D] rating 9 could use some more theming.

Least fav. don't know [:p]

Post April 26th, 2003, 8:59 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

As long as im riding a coaster, i love them all. Although pepsi amx big one was a big dissapointment, as it had no airtime whatsoever

Post April 26th, 2003, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Same here Edge,but I do have a favorite.Mine would have to be Wicked Twister.For some reason I just love that coaster so much & its so fun to ride in the back,because it feals like you floating when the train stalls at the top.

Post April 26th, 2003, 2:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

My favorite coaster would be Riddler's Revenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It is so smooth and has a different layout than most B&M coasters, and the layout is just so cool. I would rate it a 10.

My least favorite would be Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain because when I got off it I was sore the rest of the day and didn't get to enjoy the rides that much[:(] I would rate it a 3.

Post April 27th, 2003, 1:06 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Nothing beats The Beast(PKI) at night, it just rules. I rate it a perfect 10.

Post April 27th, 2003, 1:20 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Ohhh, shagg has a good point, The Beast is definatly my favorite wooden coaster mostly becuase of the night ride. But its too hard to decide if its better than Millenium Force.

Post April 27th, 2003, 9:48 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Mine is Rsging bull at sixgreat america, as i live a block from there went on it 20x's in a day once.

Least favorite: anything thats bumpy and boring

Post April 27th, 2003, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

i like kumba. its definately a 10. i wish B&M had more more sit-down coasters. my second favorite is definately the great american scream machine at SFOG. its definately a classic, and it was also the first rollercoaster i rode.

Post April 27th, 2003, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Favorite: Mamba @ WoF

Least Favorite: Ninja @ SFStL OUCH! [xx(]

Post April 28th, 2003, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

My all time favorate coaster is Goliath @ SFMM along with Medusa @ SFMW and the Riddler @ SFMM. All of these are unique and smooth. Goliath rules over all because of the head chopper tunnel and the high G's. Goliath deserves the 10

Least favorite: Grizzely @ PGA. Why did they kill the trees for this? It's wobbley and slow.

Post April 24th, 2006, 8:05 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
My favorite coaster is Apollo's Chariot. I love it because of the speed and all the airtime.

Post April 24th, 2006, 9:13 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
hot rod, i gods heavens name why did you bring this topic up?

well, it's better than starting a new one, again, i guess

Post April 24th, 2006, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

As long as im riding a coaster, i love them all. Although pepsi amx big one was a big dissapointment, as it had no airtime whatsoever

Thats only because you caught in on a bad day, remember my topic that i posted, i found loads last week!

Post April 24th, 2006, 10:58 am

Back on topic, i have absolutely loads of favorites.
So heres a list of my number 10's!

Revenge of the Mummy @ Universal Studios
Kraken @ Sea World
Montu + Skeikra + Kumba @ Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Duelling Dragons + Incredible Hulk @ Islands of Adventure
Magnus Colossus @ Terra Mitica
Nemesis + Rita + Oblivion @ Alton Towers

I have loads and i could go on but they're my favorites out of all 95 of them.

The worst has to be Python at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, was really painfull and the worst layout i have ever seen!
Damn you horsecollars!

Post April 24th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I can't really tell you what my favorite is because I don't have just one. It's too hard to choose just one out of so many.

My least favorite though, hmmm. I can't think of one I really just don't like, but right now I'd have to say Batwing.

Post April 25th, 2006, 8:08 am

Ehh, i'm sure you can find other rides that are worst that 'Batwing' "Out of so many".
I think it looks kinda fun!
Whats wrong with it dude?

Return to General Theme Park Discussions