Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Resort

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 22nd, 2006, 2:24 am

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
I just got back from Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure last night. Man, it was so fun! But it was very crowded due to people on Spring Break.

Favorites:

Space Mountain
This was so incredible. There was the good soundtrack, the breeze blowing at you, and the special effects. This is a MUST RIDE. (at Disneyland)

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Another incredible attraction. I loved the theme, and the special effects. My second must ride. (California Adventure)

California Screamin'
I loved it! Well worth a long wait. Don't miss it. (CA Adv.)

These were my favorite rides. I have more, but it'd take forever to list all of my favorites.

Shows:

Fantasmic!
YOU MUST SEE THIS IF YOU GO TO DISNEYLAND! This show had amazing visual effects, and is for DISNEY FANS ONLY. You will not be disappointed. (Disneyland)

Remember...Dreams Come True: A fireworks spectacular
If you plan on getting good seats, see it on Main Street U.S.A. I couldn't believe how great this display was. Julie Andrews did a voice over and recapped the first 50 years of magic and happiness. The fireworks are cool, and the music is wonderful. Be prepared to remember 50 years in 15 minutes.
(Disneyland)

I did so much on this trip, and I can't wait to go back.

I don't recommend:

Mulholland Madness
Way too bumpy. Not worth a long wait at all.

Grizzly River Run
I barely got wet at all. Everyone said I would get drenched, but I only got a little wet in my back. So much for 70 minutes in the hot sun.

Maliboomer
Too weak. Skip it and do the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere.

If you go to Disneyland, take into consideration everything I have recommended and haven't recommended. Now I truly know why it's called "The Happiest Place On Earth."

Post April 22nd, 2006, 8:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post April 22nd, 2006, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
What about tower of terror at MGM studios in Disneyland?

Post April 29th, 2006, 3:01 am

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Originally posted by Iman

What about it?

Post April 29th, 2006, 3:13 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Iman

ToT at MGM studios in Disneyland..... how does one accomplish being in 2 parks (both on seperate ends of the US, mind you) at the same time?
It's not @ MGM, it's at DCA. Its just that the original happened to be located at MGM.[;)]

Post April 29th, 2006, 6:14 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
^^^ He's right.
ToT doesnt really appeal to me, although the theming is awesome the initial drop isn't that good.
I'de rather be blasted up an S+S tower or scream down a Drop Tower to be honest!

Post April 29th, 2006, 6:15 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
The one at MGM breaks down alot because of how the "elevator" travels through the hotel on a track and tells it's story of the bad things that went down. It is also about 150 feet taller. The tower of terror at Disney's California Adventure has a greatly reduced chance of breakdown simply because instead of the "elevators" going around on a track before dong the plummeting they just stay in one place; the elevator shaft. IMO the MGM version is better, I live on the west coast in LA and i have ridden the DCA version far more and love every second of it but the MGM version has a better feel simply because it has more open space around it for trees and scenery and I like the was the story is told ther (same story for both parks but the MGM one's cars move around on a track telling the story. If you have been on it you know what i am talking about)

Post April 29th, 2006, 1:01 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by english coaster guy

^^^ He's right.
ToT doesnt really appeal to me, although the theming is awesome the initial drop isn't that good.
I'de rather be blasted up an S+S tower or scream down a Drop Tower to be honest!

What are you, crazy? S&S towers only get one launch or one drop that provide one instance of strong air. Where is ToT provides multiple instances of elongated ejector floater(Meaning you pop out of your seat pretty fast but the air time is not Uber extreme) It is especially good when you drop from the top to near the bottom.[:D]
And the story and theming only add to it.

Post April 29th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,143.00 Points
Eh, there is a S+S shot tower in Austria which has 4 full launches right to the top.
And there is also cliffhanger which has both a double shot, and a power drop.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports