Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion David Blaines 'Breathetaking' Stunt

David Blaines 'Breathetaking' Stunt

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 2nd, 2006, 12:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1913098&page=1

Am I suposed to be impressed by this stuff? David Blaine in my opinion is one of the biggest attension whores of all time, I really do not get why he does this stuff. It's not shocking, it's not fun too watch and I'm pretty sure everyone just thinks he is a moron for doing it. As for holding his breathe for 9 minutes? Oh yeah i'm sure, so some guy who has had a bit of training is all of a sudden going to beat the world record for holding your breathe, which is held by someone who has been training a whole lifetime to do it? I really stronly dislike David Blaine

Post May 2nd, 2006, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
What an absolute 'tard'.
He really is the biggest attention seeker to walk the earth. Remember the time he got hung from that crane in London in that box.
Whooow, thats good, not.
That would have been only a stunt if he was hung from his testicles.
He has taken this Malarke to far now IMO!

Post May 2nd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i agree, he is a complete ass. why dosent he try staying in the vacume of space for a week, then i might be impressed as his body is pulled into a million pieces or swiming down to the bottom of the mid atlantic an seeing him get crushed into a tennis ball, then i will be impressed. i have a good idea, how about DOING SOMTHING WORTH WHILE WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!!!
Making screams come true

Post May 2nd, 2006, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
OMG its life threatening!!!! its must see TV!

Whatever happened to the cool stunts like Evil Knieval? Jumping a motorcycle over a bus is way more exciting than a guy sitting underwater holding his breath.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 1:36 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

IMO, I liked him a lot more when he just used to do some funky street magic stuff... now I just think he's a cock

Post May 2nd, 2006, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

i nominate david blane for the biggest douche in the universe award, oh wait, nevermind, i am too late.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 4:53 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^Nah, John Edward is still the biggest douche in the universe... David Blaine is just trying to start a cult following of Blaine-tologists.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points

Post May 2nd, 2006, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

john edward, david blaine, both are douches!

i thought it was blaine they made fun of the douche thing, hmmm, i am losing my south park knowledge [:(]

Post May 2nd, 2006, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
I want to go to NY just so i can beat on the tank and make his head go "POP!"

Post May 2nd, 2006, 5:18 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

They made fun of David Blaine in Episode 504, "The Super Best Friends". David Blaine does street magic in town, and the kids all join his club hoping to learn magic. Then, they are brainwashed while reading his book and looking for life answers.

They made fun of John Edward in episode 615, "The Biggest Douche in the Universe". The kids all go to see John Edward, hoping that he can speak with Kenny's soul, and learn how to get his spirit out of Cartman. Stan spends the whole episode trying to prove to everyone that he is a fraud, and ends up getting his own 'talking to the dead' show after demonstrating the trick he uses. An alien ship then picks up John Edward, and takes him to an award show where John Edward of the Milky Way Galaxy is officially named the biggest douche in the universe. Chef's parents get Kenny's soul out of Cartman, and the soul ends up trapped in a pot roast.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Why does he get all the credit and our Navy Seals do not?

Thats the question I want to know. They do this stuff in COMBAT. With 70lbs of GEAR. Army BOOTS. M4A1's. etc.

He does it in a bubble. Wow, Im impressed. How about trying to sit/wade/live in the water while in another country on a mission. Its one thing to do it as a stunt, its another to do it with all that on your mind.

Sure, its one of those "lets push the boundaries of the human body" thing but its been done time and time again. Though, there does come a time when you will go too far.

Who knows, maybe after this we wont have too see anymore of Blaine.

EDIT - sounds like a good way to lose weight - holding your breath. Maybe I should try that. I have a few I could shed off.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

I love David Blaine when he first started. His street tricks were so simplistic and fun to watch. I even was able to do a few of them. Now with his "big" stunts, he's no longer a magician, just another weirdo putting his life on the line because he doesn't get enough attention. This man needs to get laid.

Post May 2nd, 2006, 6:48 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Should roll him into the ocean.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 2nd, 2006, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Hes probably trying to outdo some Priest for the longest recorded time without sex. With a woman.

(that was really bad, wasnt it :P )

Post May 2nd, 2006, 6:54 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
THATS SO FUNNY!, i saw that south park episode wow, John Edwards, hey maybe when he "dies" in that water, aliens will come and give him the award for "biggest douche in the universe" haha...:)

Post May 2nd, 2006, 7:34 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Hes probably trying to outdo some Priest for the longest recorded time without sex. With a woman.

Priests have a point and logical reason though. Plus they could probably get some if they randomly stopped being a priest because they're usually helpful and nice enough to attract women.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 3rd, 2006, 6:02 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The thing is, it's not like the stunt is life threatening. He is also using the word 'drown' in the sense that you will pass out and your natural reflexes will close your windpipe to stop water water entering his lungs. Most people general think drowning = dying, which isn't the case

Post May 3rd, 2006, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Yep, it certainly is. [:O]

Return to Off Topic Discussion