Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion My New Band! or so I thought...

My New Band! or so I thought...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 7th, 2006, 1:05 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

So I too have a new band...kind of. I play drums and I know a bassist and a couple guitarists who get lessons with a guy at a local music store. We've been playin together for about 2-3 weeks now, officially at least, and we were supposed to play a gig next weekend at a house party.

Today, however, we learned that the instructor (also the 2nd guitar/vocals) had been pulled over on the way back from the hospital (where his wife was hospitalized just today) due to dead tags. As that stands, it wouldn't have affected the band..... BUT he had no license at the time from not paying a traffic ticket [I'm assuming,] several months ago.

So not only does this affect the band because we've lost our lead, but our other guitarist's amp and bassist's bass were in the car at the time, and the car is now impounded, and we do not know whether or not he was able to get the equipment out of it, which is not good at all because our other guitarist needs his amp for other things he's involved in, and, needless to say, our bassist needs his bass.

I'm actually more concerned with the guy and his wife though. I mean, I'd feel pretty shitty too if my wife was hospitalized and my car was impounded with other people's stuff in the same day. I guess we'll have to just see what happens and hope for the best.

Post May 7th, 2006, 1:27 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

That reminds me of my friend's band in NY...well, somewhat. On the night of there first big gig at a venue the drummer and bassist had one van full of most of the equipment when they got into a car accident and most of it was destroyed and they had some pretty bad injuries. And not to mention the van was a rental.[V]

Post May 7th, 2006, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

wow man that sux. yea that reminds me how much worse it could've been. I'm glad he didn't get hurt today.

Post May 7th, 2006, 1:37 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

The only good thing that came out of it was that the people that hit them payed for the loss, and the band changed it's name to "CRASH"

Return to Off Topic Discussion