Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The bird has landed.

The bird has landed.

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 8th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points

Post May 8th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Sad... and it seemed to be operating fine opening day, and even before that when they were testing.
-Tony.

Post May 8th, 2006, 2:52 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

hahaha, those swings are a crock of poop, the one at Thorpe Park broke down repeatedly and was only open for like 10 minute long stints every hour, while we were there. [lol] awful, truly awful

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Yeah, but Thorpe has a Sky Swat, its a different story. And i believe that it was the first of its kind (correct me if im wrong). Besides, all prototypes of smaller rides like this tend to have some dificulties.
-Tony.

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by krazyt

Yeah, but Thorpe has a Sky Swat

what the hell are you on about, he means rush thorpe parks sky swing. befor you say anything make shure you know what everybody is on about.

and rush does break down every 10 minits and has done since it opened. its all to do with the air chambers. after some reaserch into neumatics i found that the air preasure is unstable and can easily cause a problem in large air chambers or in the pistons wich drive the swing, but it couldent be run under oil because it would just be to powerful for the cables and have even more breakdowns. this concludes that if hey get the air preasure just right and not fiddle about with it a relable ride, but they just carnt get to that point with rush.
Making screams come true

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

and just to correct KrazyT on his already wrong statement, the SkySwat at Thorpe is not the first of its kinda. It has a much larger version that was built several years ago and a Paramounts park I think, I can't remember which to be quite honest. I'm thinking PKD

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:33 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I don't think it was a paramounts, wasn't it "astroworld" or something like that? [confused] I dunno..

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Nope, not PKD. PKD got Drop Zone, which is a must ride if you ever go there.

Post May 8th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
^ I went on drop zone at PCW, although I got a nice view, I didn't think it was something special.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions