Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Virus Help

Virus Help

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 12th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I'm pretty sure I have one. It started a few weeks ago when I could ride coasters like Atlas or even Thermite with a good 80-100 FPS, but now for some reason I can hardly get NEAR that. Now I can't even ride Atlas, and Thermite runs on 8-20 FPS and even if I only build a station my average is just 10-20 FPS. I even set my specs to low!

I'm not the most computer savy person, so I was wondering if you can help me find a program that can help get rid of it for free or that's cheap and reliable or is there something I can do myself to fix it since it's affecting my mom and her work and just everyone, really.[:(]

Post May 12th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Well, if you want good virus protection coverage the best thing to do is to fork out 30-40 dollars for Norton or PCCillin, none of the free ones are too great.

To see if you do infact have a virus, you can use Trend Micro's free online scan, but I don't think it will actually remove any pests for you.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You should also get some adware removers. A good one is Search and Destroy. It is free and will also protect you against a few other things.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Post May 12th, 2006, 6:53 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Arn't you just accidentally loading 2 times Nolimits simulator? Or trying to ride a coaster with rct3 still running? Since in those situations my fps drops also down as quick as an intamin freefall [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 12th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Well, if you want good virus protection coverage the best thing to do is to fork out 30-40 dollars for Norton

You're serious?

Take some advice from a guy who knows computers :)

Anti-Virus : Stay away from the Norton Family and Mcaffe. There really bulky and will worsen the condition of your computer.

Spyware : Spybot S & S is a good choice along with HiJackThis.

Firewall : Peer Guardian tied with Kaspersky Anti-Hacker do great.

Post May 12th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Arn't you just accidentally loading 2 times Nolimits simulator? Or trying to ride a coaster with rct3 still running? Since in those situations my fps drops also down as quick as an intamin freefall [:)]

I don't own RCT3. The only game on my computer is Fable and that doesn't run well even though it's a low spec game.

Post May 12th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by Matt

Well, if you want good virus protection coverage the best thing to do is to fork out 30-40 dollars for Norton

You're serious?

Take some advice from a guy who knows computers :)

Anti-Virus : Stay away from the Norton Family and Mcaffe. There really bulky and will worsen the condition of your computer.

I didn't say Norton was the best option, but it is readily available at most stores and not too expensive.

Post May 12th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Theres free anti-virus better than that.

Anti-Vir, Avg Anti-Virus, Avast

Post May 12th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,285.00 Points

Post May 13th, 2006, 4:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

it might not even be a virus... it could be super adware! its kept me from using my own personal on the computer for the past week... and its still not even fixed! Moral of the story.... don't get a virus or adware.

Post May 13th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 68.00 Points

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

I'm pretty sure I have one. It started a few weeks ago when I could ride coasters like Atlas or even Thermite with a good 80-100 FPS, but now for some reason I can hardly get NEAR that. Now I can't even ride Atlas, and Thermite runs on 8-20 FPS and even if I only build a station my average is just 10-20 FPS. I even set my specs to low!

this happened to me. what my problem was that i had downloaded to many coasters so i deleed all the ones that i never rode or looked at and also deleted any objects the ride came with when you download them (environments, 3d's and such.) now my nolimits runs great.

Post May 13th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Originally posted by the coaster finatic

this happened to me. what my problem was that i had downloaded to many coasters so i deleed all the ones that i never rode or looked at and also deleted any objects the ride came with when you download them (environments, 3d's and such.) now my nolimits runs great.

I don't have many coasters on it, maybe 16-20, so I know it's not that.

I download Spybot which got rid of a few and I uninstalled random files I don't need, and this helped increase FPS only a little bit, so I might just buy a virus remover online.

Post May 13th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,415.00 Points

1. You may not have a virus at all. If this is RCT3, the FPS usually gets lower and lower as you add more objects.

2. Sounds more like spyware than anything else. This can easily be gotten rid of using the free Spybot S&D or Adaware SE.

Return to Off Topic Discussion