Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The Voyage

The Voyage

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 9th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
DUDE. Thats one of my favourite sections. Its not just 1 pop, its 2. Its a double down with a left turn into a tunnel between the hops.

In the back seat it takes you several rides to brace for it because its taken SOOO fast.

I have to give credit where credit is due - Intaminfan once said that you could do alot more with wooden coasters and this proves it. This ride does some things - even with PTC's - that I dont think alot of people thought was possible. Just that little section is a total WTF.

Post May 10th, 2006, 8:21 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

A double down?! [shocked] well, that's even alot better than I thought then... Man, two drops taken in that extremely short time, this must be insane! Time for me to go overseas.....

Post May 10th, 2006, 9:57 am

There is also a double down with a right hand turn (same concept different direction) when you come out of the tunnel and into the turn around for the first time.

You climb a twisting hill and when you come out of it, you pull up and hop again (still down though) and then enter the helix.

Theres little combos all over like that. Definatly rules.

Post May 15th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Points on hand: 281.00 Points
Bank: 7,431.00 Points

I was there opening weekend too,(HW that is) and all the thing real has said are true, plus after El toro gets broke in it will have trims all over it as they did with other SF parks due to high Neg G's . They even didn't oil Rolling Thunder to make it run slower to lessen the Neg. G's. I do know of a group of people that oiled it one year.

Post May 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

I was ok after Day 1 but shortly after the start to today my thighs hurt. Not from walkign. But from being destroyed by the airtime that pounded me into the lap bar.

Well that answers the question on your having children. [lol]
Excellent summary Real, thanks for taking the time to write it all out.

Post May 15th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Post May 15th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
When will we be seeing a Voyage recreation from you real? pahahahahaha.

Post May 15th, 2006, 7:31 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^As soon as Ole realizes that we need a bigger template...

Post May 15th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post May 15th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Why? There is no pro-version of NL. I was told by a member of the dev team in person that. I was also told that the only thing that was done was Ole has a program to convert their files into the track.

Plus, from what you might think, Voyage isnt that big. Its actually a compact ride. I think from angle to angle it might fit. Its only 6500ft long with alot of track at the turnaround and end of the ride.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,658.00 Points
This coaster looks superb and hardly 6.5 million. In compare to 20 million beasts it was definitelly worth it.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions