Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion E3 '06 [Go to Gamespot before reading]

E3 '06 [Go to Gamespot before reading]

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 12th, 2006, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

don't be such a downer real. whats the fun in being a realist if you don't have to be [;)]

Post May 13th, 2006, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Im a little late in this topic, But , E3 this year was great, from what I have heard and seen on the net.

I have to say that I will get a Wii. (I wish they stuck with revolution) It is very innovative, and will take playing games to a whole new level if you know what I mean. Its the same way with the DS.

Now, I will not get a PS3 yet, only because of 1)The price 2)Not many games on it yet that I want to play. .I read everyting you said about it SMer, and it sounds interesting, but to me, it seems that it will be about the same as the 360 in a lot of catagories.

What I look for in a console is 1)the overall feel 2)number of good, fun games 3)quality of games 4)innovation of the system 5)overall affordability.

I paid $400 for the 360 and thats the most I will ever want to spend on a system. almost to much for me.

I dont set my mind on just one system and act like its the almighty system that beats all like a lot of people you see around the net. I Currently own, 360, PS2, GameCube, DS Lite. I dont have a PSP yet because there aren't many games I want to play on it. I am glad that sony dropped the PSP's price by $50

Post May 13th, 2006, 1:07 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

First of all, everyone go to digg.com, they're having great coverage of the debate there.

First off, I don't like Microsoft and I love Sony....

Sony can suck it after I heard about the P$3.

Gonna be getting the Wii if any of the 3, considering I'll actually be up off the couch/chair and "in" the game, unlike the other consoles. Should be fun to play Zelda (Greatest series) when you have to slash your arm to use the sword (or fish :D).

Flame away....

Post May 13th, 2006, 10:07 am

[lol]

yea I agree with you on the wii. It's just really innovative and would be fun because its cheap and because of the fact that my parents would actually like it...so some of the cost done for me[:p]. But I still wanna get the ps3 just for the insanely overdone-ness

Post May 13th, 2006, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Ack, the wii is going to use a similar online system the DS used. Anyone who has a DS and has gone online knows about the friend codes and the wussies who disconnect. Other than that, it should be alright, though wario's fart in SSBB is quite odd. Yeah, the graphics suck (at least compared to the other systems) but I don't have the money for those systems, and I would definately prefer the precision and accuracy of the wii-mote over thumbsticks. I never really liked the PS controllers, and PS3's motion sensor doesn't look too good, it might not even be usable for FPS's, and either way, it keeps both hands together, and there's no rumble either. I think all the muilti core processor and blue ray stuff is not a good way to go, but unfortunately, nintendo is holding back and keeping the specs very low, around 1.5 times as good as the XBox's. (clock speeds are very similar, but the architecture of the wii is probably a lot more efficient and optimized)

Post May 13th, 2006, 12:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Speaking of motion sensitive controllers for the PS3 and why it doesn't have a rumble feature, I found this article:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/view.php?id=156

Post May 13th, 2006, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
the 20gb version wont have hdmi, wifi, or memory card reader

the blu ray will still play with no problem but it wont look AS good, even tho it still has the composite HD out

without the wifi, you could still use ethernet, which is faster, especially because of the massive amounts of data it will be communucating with due to the game being like 25 gb

the memory card thing sucks, but you can always just pick up a usb reader and pop it in there

100 bucks for all that -- i would go with the 60gb version
and considering the first actuall blu-ray player from sony will be 999 bucks (on the sony site), its a bargain for the ps3 cuz it can do more than just the bluray player alone

sorry if i dont make sense

Post May 14th, 2006, 12:44 am

nah you make sense, but you just haven't said much of anything new. lol everything you said has either already been repeated or is understood.

Post May 14th, 2006, 9:14 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

The next generation WWII game thats coming out with the release of PS3 looks pretty cool.... but xbox already has a couple of the next generation games in that catagory out already. (IE NHL 2k6, that Tiger Woods Game, and I think they have a first person shooter out, but I'm not sure)

OMG! Grass!

Post May 14th, 2006, 10:32 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post May 14th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
Originally posted by SMer

nah you make sense, but you just haven't said much of anything new. lol everything you said has either already been repeated or is understood.

i guess i forgot to read the whole topic
lol

Post May 15th, 2006, 5:00 pm

haha

yea so I was watchin the G4 re-run of the live coverage, and they were talkin about "Assassin's Creed," and as they started describing it, I was like "woah, no way," cause it's about a group of assassins during the dark ages, and we're studying that in school right now... so yea.

Post May 15th, 2006, 7:15 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ i hated watching the G4 live thing. They never showed me anything I cared about. IE the next generation games with cool ass graphics or halo 3. I'll probably watch the high lights though if I see that they're on.

Post May 15th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Originally posted by coolbeans326

^ i hated watching the G4 live thing. They never showed me anything I cared about. IE the next generation games with cool ass graphics or halo 3. I'll probably watch the high lights though if I see that they're on.

Agreed. They just kept talking about what they were going to talk about 2 hours into the show and kept advertising there stupid website. All I really wanted to see was if that rumor that the direcctor and creator of Silent Hill series was doing a new series for the next gen...but that didn't happen.

However, Crysis caught my interest cause I loved Farcry.

Post May 15th, 2006, 8:12 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Has anyone seen the E3 preview of "Tony Hawk's Project 8?" That game looks like it has some seriously accurate physics as well as some seriously awsome graphics.[:D]

Post May 15th, 2006, 11:09 pm

yea man I hope you can't jump 20 feet in the air off a vert ramps like the last ones. hopefully this'll be real

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion