Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion American rides

American rides

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 20th, 2003, 5:49 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

OK, you know how americans aren't always the brightest people, well how come they get all the proper good coasters built there and we have to stick to having about 5 good coasters in the entire of the United Kingdom, including all the weird obscure islands, in weird places. Why the hell should they get all the good stuff? They dont deserve it!I have got to fork out a lot of money if i want to go to ride TTD, what do they have to do get in the car and drive for an hour, what do i have to do, drive an hour to the airport then pay god knows how much to get to america from birmingham then i have to drive from whatever airport i land at, which probably takes another hour or something. and thats another thing why do i have to go to crappy birmingham to get on airplane, why is there only a business airport in Wolverhampton? hmmmmmmmmm, a lot of questions to be answered. Start answering!
Last edited by gouldy on October 20th, 2003, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 20th, 2003, 9:58 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

The answer is simple--MONEY!
We have it, we spend it at the parks and they build better coaster to get more of it.

Post October 20th, 2003, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

Americans aren't the brightest Peeps huh, wel I is tink we ares not that badder then the restof da world (finger digging up my nose at this moment)

Post October 20th, 2003, 11:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
We arn't bright so we spend money like crazed manics on things! Just look at George Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post October 21st, 2003, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

what a great truth!
Theme parks in our country are alot more well of than peeps think. i know i work for the drayton manor accounts team.
There are accutally 3 main reasons why we cannot have coasters like that and one of them is not money:-

1, The Law- english has a ride restriction height of 300ft

2, Weather- look at the place in the world where TTD is built, how often there do they get a mini typhoon or a tereanchal rain or even snow?

3, Peeps- there is a form that was passed round the country in the past 3 years(and i will try to find one)of what peeps liked in theme parks. it was mostly high adrenaline family rides like shockwave, air, nemesis, vampire, corkscrew and klondike.

but why sould we acctually have american rides?
TTD acctually looks pretty boring to me as its just a vertical up and then down.
most of the other do mostly the same but in a diffrent order. BORING
All of the english rides have been designed to be totally diffrent. have you ever seen a clone of nemesis or of shockwave, NO
i am sure most of the americans will dissagree with me on this but you are all as thick as s##t. All you do is sit around a table and say " oh that looks like a good way to put it???" and build but us british make sure all of our coasters are well designed, themed and that they are all individual apart from the corkscrew at Alton Towers.
the only well designed coaster i have ever seen come out of america is X at SFMM, so well done on that.
you americans make your coasters sound so cool but they are acctually crap.
sorry if this affends you.
gazag

Post October 21st, 2003, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

what a great truth!
Theme parks in our country are alot more well of than peeps think. i know i work for the drayton manor accounts team.
There are accutally 3 main reasons why we cannot have coasters like that and one of them is not money:-

1, The Law- english has a ride restriction height of 300ft

2, Weather- look at the place in the world where TTD is built, how often there do they get a mini typhoon or a tereanchal rain or even snow?

3, Peeps- there is a form that was passed round the country in the past 3 years(and i will try to find one)of what peeps liked in theme parks. it was mostly high adrenaline family rides like shockwave, air, nemesis, vampire, corkscrew and klondike.

but why sould we acctually have american rides?
TTD acctually looks pretty boring to me as its just a vertical up and then down.
most of the other do mostly the same but in a diffrent order. BORING
All of the english rides have been designed to be totally diffrent. have you ever seen a clone of nemesis or of shockwave, NO
i am sure most of the americans will dissagree with me on this but you are all as thick as s##t. All you do is sit around a table and say " oh that looks like a good way to put it???" and build but us british make sure all of our coasters are well designed, themed and that they are all individual apart from the corkscrew at Alton Towers.
the only well designed coaster i have ever seen come out of america is X at SFMM, so well done on that.
you americans make your coasters sound so cool but they are acctually crap.
sorry if this affends you.
gazag

If I were you,I wouldn't say anything till you ride American rides.Then tell us if there any good. [;)]

Post October 21st, 2003, 12:29 pm

lol, this is getting old and turning into a pissing fight. Might want to lock this up b/f it gets out of hand lol. Frankly it seems any comment made by Gouldy (new post or replys for that matter), can spark a few tempers! [:D]

Post October 21st, 2003, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
whats wrong with a nice fight? I'll get the popcorn! lol

Post October 21st, 2003, 2:04 pm

Xtreme15
(If I were you,I wouldn't say anything till you ride American rides.Then tell us if there any good)

I have tryed them and they ar all crap compared to british coasters or anything in europe for that matter

Post October 21st, 2003, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

eh, the rides here in the usa are good, its just they are cloned too much, but they do clone the good ones, so you dont have to drive across the country just to ride it. Also, are they going to make anymore 4d coasters soon? I hear s&s bought out arrow

Post October 21st, 2003, 7:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Actually, the best coasters are woodies, and europe only has one good woodie that I know of, which is Tonerre de Zeus, and the british don't get to enjoy all the awesome CCIs and Herb Schmeck's coasters, which im pretty sure were all built in the USA, so Europe would suck for coasters

Post October 21st, 2003, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Well the british have what, 3 millers mabye 4 in one park? That beats any american park...

Though the british dont have Phoenix or Boulderdash.

TTD isnt worh coming over here for anyway ;)

Post October 22nd, 2003, 10:51 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I think british rides are better, because they are all about theming and stuff, its a whole experience, not just who can build the fastest or the tallest. take nemesis, at alton towers, and raptor at Cedar point, fair enough raptor is much bigger and has a nice big loop, ooooh great, but its just a huge pile of steel on an open area of concrete, i could build a better coaster! where as, look at nemesis, its far more thrilling because you are in an enclosed space surrounded by walls and theming with water and everything, someone actually took the time to think about it and not just stick it down on the floor!

Post October 22nd, 2003, 11:07 am

Don't say crap if you haven't ridin it.Answer this,why is Raptor rated higher then Nemesis?And theming doesn't ALWAYS make a coaster better.Don't get mad because we have almost all the coasters over here.

Post October 22nd, 2003, 11:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

erm we atually have more, per square mile then you do so. and what do you mean i haven't ridden raptor, how do you know, i wnet to cedar point last year, on a holiday. and i prefered nemesis to raptor, dont get me wrong the track of raptor is better than the nemesis track, but having ridden both, i know that nemesis with its theming is a better, more thrilling ride.

Post October 22nd, 2003, 2:45 pm

i agree with gouldy[approve]
i have been there too and it is a coaster in a open space. all americans seem to think about is being bigger than the rest of the world and this does not just apply to the theme parks.
remember "bigger is not always better"[;)]

Post October 22nd, 2003, 2:55 pm

Well I don't care but most women will beg to differ on that one ,ahem but I wouldn't know about that never been told that lmao [;)]. But really I think its just a matter of taste, an opinion is like an a$$hole, everyone's got one.[:D]

Post October 22nd, 2003, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post October 22nd, 2003, 10:36 pm

Everyone talks about how alton towers is soo heavily themed, but do you forget about Islands of Adventure and Universal studios??? Dueling Dragons gives Nemesis a run for its money, and the hulk is just awesome

Post October 22nd, 2003, 10:47 pm

Originally posted by gouldy

OK, you know how americans aren't always the brightest people, well how come they get all the proper good coasters built there and we have to stick to having about 5 good coasters in the entire of the United Kingdom, including all the weird obscure islands, in weird places. Why the hell should they get all the good stuff? They dont deserve it!I have got to fork out a lot of money if i want to go to ride TTD, what do they have to do get in the car and drive for an hour, what do i have to do, drive an hour to the airport then pay god knows how much to get to america from birmingham then i have to drive from whatever airport i land at, which probably takes another hour or something. and thats another thing why do i have to go to crappy birmingham to get on airplane, why is there only a business airport in Wolverhampton? hmmmmmmmmm, a lot of questions to be answered. Start answering!
I think british rides are better, because they are all about theming and stuff, its a whole experience, not just who can build the fastest or the tallest. take nemesis, at alton towers, and raptor at Cedar point, fair enough raptor is much bigger and has a nice big loop, ooooh great, but its just a huge pile of steel on an open area of concrete, i could build a better coaster! where as, look at nemesis, its far more thrilling because you are in an enclosed space surrounded by walls and theming with water and everything, someone actually took the time to think about it and not just stick it down on the floor!

Arnt you contradicting yourself? You say we have all of the good stuff, but then you say you think the rides in the UK are better, then why the heck did you start this topic? Esp, starting it off that we arnt the brightest people, you're lucky people in this community now how to stay calm and not react to stuff like that, other wise a bunch of peeps would be banned.... haha

Post October 23rd, 2003, 1:09 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by rctycoon112

Arnt you contradicting yourself? You say we have all of the good stuff, but then you say you think the rides in the UK are better, then why the heck did you start this topic? Esp, starting it off that we arnt the brightest people, your lucky people in this community now how to stay calm and not react to stuff like that, other wise a bunch of peeps would be banned.... haha

He did highly contradict himself...It makes no sense...why complain about having no good coasters yet say there are better coasters there?[:(!]

Post October 23rd, 2003, 5:03 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

the way that i wrote it does sound like i am contradicting myself, but i meant that the tracks are better, like i siad about raptor and nemesis, but then later i said that british rides are a better thrill, if we had some of the coasters that the americans have then we would make them the best. and also i didnt say that we didnt have any good rides, i am sorry for any confusion that i caused.

Post October 23rd, 2003, 10:46 am

the way that i wrote it does sound like i am contradicting myself, but i meant that the tracks are better, like i siad about raptor and nemesis, but then later i said that british rides are a better thrill, if we had some of the coasters that the americans have then we would make them the best. and also i didnt say that we didnt have any good rides, i am sorry for any confusion that i caused.

Whatever dude! [lol] jk [;)] Why are we fighting over who has better coasters?This is stupid.Who cares who has better coasters.Just ride them.[pshades]

Post October 23rd, 2003, 10:53 am

Look at Xtreme15 trying to back out of the fight. just shows the british do build better coasters and americans build lousy ones[pshades][pshades][pshades][pshades]

Post October 23rd, 2003, 11:05 am

Originally posted by gazag

Look at Xtreme15 trying to back out of the fight. just shows the british do build better coasters and americans build lousy ones[pshades][pshades][pshades][pshades]

Dude,im not just going to sit here and fight who has better coasters.Its stupid,why do it?While ya'll keep on fighting like 9 yr olds I'll be enjoying coasters instead of fighting who has better.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion