Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Playstation 3
57%
XBOX 360
20%
Revolution
24%

Total votes : 46

Post April 22nd, 2006, 6:22 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by coaster mad

I think the 360 will sell more but PS3 will be better.

that just dosent make sence at all.

how can one sell more but the other sell better, its just a turnback frase. is it one or the other in your opinion?
Making screams come true

Post April 22nd, 2006, 8:16 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
No , he means that he thinks that the Xbox360 will sell more boxes, but he also thinks PS3 will have better hadrware. Not strange since the ps3 will come out almost 1.5/2 years later. That time we'll have Dirext 10 cards and duel-core will probably be normal in any computer.

Post April 22nd, 2006, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

I think cost is going to start to become an issue as this technology grows. Just compare the 360 to the n64. My N64 cost not more than 150 USD and the games were around 30-50ish. Now lets look at the X-box 360, the base model costs 300 if you want to play online it costs 400. Each game is at least 55 bucks as is the controller. The extra crap you can buy also costs abit. The 20 dollar faceplate is a pretty steep price for a piece of plastic. Then theres the 60 GB harddrive you can get for it that costs 80 USD if my memory serves me.

TANGENT------------->FYI for all those who want a bigger HD in your 360 it runs off of an IDE harddrive so you could literally take it out and hook it into you PC just fine and any Harddrive will do, you just gotta copy to 360 OS onto it and your set.

back to what I was saying. All that money is going to add up. Not to mention in order to play "High Definition Games" you need to have a High definition TV which if you dont have one will set you back at least 1000.

does anyone know what the expected prices of the PS3 and revo are supposed to be?

I think PS3 will be at least $500, maybe even $900, but either way, it's likely to have $70 games, not kidding. The revo should be no more than $200 as it's able to render images only twice as good as XBox's, and the clock speeds of the devices are very similar, and it only has around 90mb of memory. The games are probably no more than $50, I don't know about the controllers, but they might be around the same prices as GCN's controllers, perhaps a bit more. (plus you might have to buy the shell for certain games, etc)

Post April 22nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
In my opinion, I think that the PS3 will flop because of its price. I also think that is probably over rated and just wont live up to the hype. Nintendo is my best bet in doing well because it is supposed to be around $200 when it is released and when people see the PS3 fail, they will go for that.

Post April 22nd, 2006, 8:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I think the PS3 will sell the best. Not that the other consoles won't do good because I'm sure they will, but I think the PS3 will have a wider variety of games. I'm a loyal PS fan though, so I guess my opinion is a little biased.[:I]

Post April 22nd, 2006, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
Originally posted by coasteragent99

Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

I think cost is going to start to become an issue as this technology grows. Just compare the 360 to the n64. My N64 cost not more than 150 USD and the games were around 30-50ish. Now lets look at the X-box 360, the base model costs 300 if you want to play online it costs 400. Each game is at least 55 bucks as is the controller. The extra crap you can buy also costs abit. The 20 dollar faceplate is a pretty steep price for a piece of plastic. Then theres the 60 GB harddrive you can get for it that costs 80 USD if my memory serves me.

TANGENT------------->FYI for all those who want a bigger HD in your 360 it runs off of an IDE harddrive so you could literally take it out and hook it into you PC just fine and any Harddrive will do, you just gotta copy to 360 OS onto it and your set.

back to what I was saying. All that money is going to add up. Not to mention in order to play "High Definition Games" you need to have a High definition TV which if you dont have one will set you back at least 1000.

does anyone know what the expected prices of the PS3 and revo are supposed to be?

I think PS3 will be at least $500, maybe even $900, but either way, it's likely to have $70 games, not kidding. The revo should be no more than $200 as it's able to render images only twice as good as XBox's, and the clock speeds of the devices are very similar, and it only has around 90mb of memory. The games are probably no more than $50, I don't know about the controllers, but they might be around the same prices as GCN's controllers, perhaps a bit more. (plus you might have to buy the shell for certain games, etc)

900 bucks? Even rumors have topped out at $620, and Sony denies anything pertaing to price. Not to say that it wont be pricey.

Post May 18th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,141.00 Points

Post May 19th, 2006, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 68.00 Points

Post May 19th, 2006, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
^Yes, it is...

Would you pay $600 for a game system? Well thats how much the PS3 will cost, or at least for the one you would want. Then you would have to pay for games and such. So when you wrap it all up, you would be spending nearly $1000 to get and play it online and such.

The PS3 got SPANKED at E3. Nintendo and Microsoft both came out very strong. The 360 had soem very promising looking games coming out, and HALO 3!!! Nintendo is looking very good with their Wii. It did very very well at E3 and IMO beat out Microsoft. Not only does the Wii look great, but it should be reletively cheap too. It should have some great games at launch. Attenders to E3 learned that the Wii-mote(I love calling it that) works VERY well, and though it may be lacking it graphics, it will make up for it by its gameplay and just by being so fun to play.

Post May 19th, 2006, 7:03 am

Points on hand: 2,681.00 Points
How can any one say that PS3 is better then xbox 360, when PS3 has not even come out yet lol. I have a Xbox 360 and i love it. Ps2 and xbox are the same IMO. So i think PS3 will be just as good as xbox 360. [8D]

Post May 19th, 2006, 9:52 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Uhh...okeay, your not a games fans. Cus if you were you would know that PS2 is 2 years older than Xbox. Xbox has far better graphics ten a PS2

Post May 19th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Im more of a fan of the games, i look more toward how many good quality, and fun games that I want to play for each system. I also look for affordability within the systems. Because I go more for the games, I have a ps2, 360, gamecube, and ds lite. There arent many games on the ps3 and psp yet that I want to play. plust they are both so darned expensive. But I am glad the PSP dropped $50 in price.
I will tell you that I will get the Wii, It looks great and will have very innovative and fun games to play on it. I wish they stuck with the name Revolution.

Post May 19th, 2006, 10:24 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Umm okay ...

PS3 and Xbox 360 have the same gampley as their predecessors, with slightly improved graphics.

Wii (official name for the Revolution) has barely better graphics than the Gamecube, but it has infact "revolution" - ized the video game industry IMO. Plus it's literally going to cost a fraction of the other two systems, and be online (free), with downloadable older games like SNES and N64.

Since most PS3 and Xbox 360 games are made on the PC too, I'll just buy them for my PC (if I want them at all), because my PC has far better graphics than the Xbox 360 or PS3. The Wii on the other hand ... my computer can't do.

Post May 19th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by pdonahue

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on the 360 is pure magic. There will be no difference between the top capabilities of the Sony and Xbox (1080i) and the Xbox has the better processer.

Not to mention the Xbox, in it's flawed state, is at least out.

are you kidding? Do you know what the PS3's processor is? all the xbox360 has is 3 3.ghz PowerPC cpu's and that's pretty freakin powerful, but the cell processor in the PS3 is one processor running at 3.2ghz(?) and has 7 SPE's (forget what that stands for) which are basically sub processors each with their own set of memory. not to mention that the gpu in the PS3 is freakin dual core itself with a whole rack'a memory. I'm not clear as to all the specifics on each system, but in short, the PS3's is a much more elaborate, more powerful processor with more advanced features than the 360, and the 360 is more of a juiced up desktop pc than anything. from there you just gotta decide on what games you like, and I respect your opinion.

Post May 19th, 2006, 11:29 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Hardware does not matter, what matters is the games. Would you rather play a game or look at a box that you bought only because others say its the most powerful game console.

The Wii has great games, the console is weak compared to the PS3, and XBOX 360, but it currently is very popular because of its games.

The XBOX 360 has some great games and a good system but still has its flaws(You have to pay for online, well the PS3 and Wii are said to be free).

The PS3 has some good games coming out, the console is powerful but the only difference it will have in the game is move things occur at the same time (with enough work you can get the same amount of effects on the other two systems).

I myself voted for the 360, I have it and play it and it's awesome.

Also what I mentioned above is just my opinion and what I heard on the internet.

Post May 19th, 2006, 11:50 pm

how do you make games more enjoyable beyond just improving gameplay and stuff? HARDWARE. The better the hardware, the more seemless and smooth gaming can be.

And Brtn, saying that the PS3 and 360 have "slightly better graphics" is by far an understatement, especially along the lines of the change from ps2 to ps3. If you look at the graphics from a ps2/xbox game and compare them with what the ps3/360 games' graphics, "slightly better" are not the words to use.

But I have to agree with you on the wii. I think its gonna change a lot of the industry. The only reason I really want a PS3, however, is for a few games (UT2007, GTA4, and THProject8), but I think I'll have loads more fun with the wii.

Post May 20th, 2006, 12:00 am
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

I know that you can make better games by makeing better hardware, but it still is the games that matter.

I too think I'd have more fun on the Wii then the 2 other system.

Post May 20th, 2006, 12:09 am

yea and the wii is gonna be such a party console. I mean, who doens't like playin mario cart? if you don't, yur an idiot, and if you know someone who doesn't, you can tell them I said they're an idiot and they're anti-social.

I love havin some friends over to just chill, but it always ends up with us playin some kinda video game, so naturally, the Wii is just gonna make it more fun

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Here's a fun fact! The PS3 is worth it's weight in Urainium. 11lbs * $54.09 per lb = $595

If I get one, it's gonna be the Revolution (I refuse to use Wii). I <3 Nintendo.

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:34 am

yea I have some good news about the PS3. They are upgradeable. So if you wanna go cheap at first, you can still get the card reader and the bigger hard drive and everything later.

Post May 20th, 2006, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Ok, I may be a Microsoft Fanboy, but I see Xbox 360 as the better one. I don't see any real stunning games for the PS3, and the only thing the PS3 really has over the Xbox 360 is its Blu Ray capabilities. Which, I don't really see an HD DVD as really important, as IMO few will probably be out.
Plus, the 360's graphics are unbelievable, plus it has all the new features on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and since you can play pretty much every type of music file, along with streaming music, movies and pictures from you Windows, etc. It can do so much more than JUST play games, music and DVDs. Besides, isn't Halo 3 planned to be released on the same day of PS3 to give it a hefty competition? Don't forget the kick butt graphics, the ability to play and record live TV with an additional system, it can play the majority of the original Xbox graphics, and several other features I can't remember due to the sheer amount of them.

Post May 20th, 2006, 1:07 pm

I'm not too fond of 360 cause if you want the full experience, you need to pay or have somethin else that's compatible with it. and people who speak so highly of the 360's graphics have either a) not seen the ps3 graphics or b) don't own a gaming pc. They're good, no doubt, but they're not quite the best and I wouldn't call them "unbelieveable"

Post May 20th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

^ Note that few games have been made for the Xbox 360, and remember, like on the Xbox, the graphics quality will inevitably progressively improve. It hasn't been out that long, you know. I saw an improvement just from Call of Duty 2 to Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Post May 20th, 2006, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

That is true thanks, but it is probably also true for all the systems. Now, the 360 is an awsome system with awsome graphics on most of the games Ive seen. Fight night round 3, the ingame graphics are stunning. The level of detail on the fighters is amazing. But when you get down to it, the graphics are there to enhance the gaming experience.

Lets say the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, that doesn't mean it has better graphics, Its the graphics card that matters. If you get a computer with 3 gigs, and a comp. 4 gigs, the graphics arent going to be better in the 4 gig one unless you put in a really great graphics card. The power is to make the systems run more smoothly, efficently and to handle whats all in it.
If anyone thinks Im wrong, then by all means, post your opinion.

We can argue this all the way up until the PS3 is released and the two system are compared side by side to find out the truth.

On another note, IMO, the Wii will be a strong competitor with the other systems, it may not catch on at first, but when it does, who knows how well it will do. Also, if you want the full experience for anything, you always have to pay more, and extra for the extras.

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:16 pm

the wii's gonna be a strong competitor just cuz it's gonna be fun for anyone. not to mention the price.

so I went to my friend's house today and played Ghost Recon on a 360.... I really didn't like it. I'm sure its just the game, but it just sucked. and I gotta say, the graphics looked pretty good, but I still thing the PS3 can outdo it.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion