Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Revolution at sfmm.

Revolution at sfmm.

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:23 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

has anyone been to magic mountain since the new flying coaster got built? i heard the revolution was shut down to accomodate it's building, and hope tht it hasn't been retired. why? because while it's neat that they built another rollercoaster shuting down revolution would be this purist's worst nightmare. a generic flying coaser , regardless of how exciting it is , cannot ever compete with what revolution is. in fact i've been pissed for years that they've let it go to crap since the early 90's. flying coasters are a dime a dozen, don't get me wrong it looks like fun, but there is only ONE revolution. i've been to magic mountain practicaly every year since 1972, and rode eveery new ride first season since i was tall enough. tearing it out would be proof positive that six flags sucks... sometimes i wish i could visit new england and go to real amusement parks and ride real rollercoasters in their full glory instead of generic cookie cutter rides like what magic mountain has focused on since ninja...any ways, can someone let me know if it's been closed , and if not if they bothered to fix the damn thing correctly this time ... j..

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

It's still there. I've seen pictures of it up and running again already. Not sure if they did anything to fix it though.

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:32 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Revolution is still around. Although its still running trimmed. The lines have been longer the past times I have gone, and the 1 train operation doesn't help at all for the 2 minute ride.[xx(]

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:40 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I rode it tuesday. Its running faster than it used to in my opinion. I got slight really cool airtime on the loop in the backseat.

Post May 18th, 2006, 8:47 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

hmmmm. one train.. sounds like it doesn't need trims if that's so. a friend of mine rode it on a weekday not tooo long ago and the trims wer turned off, she said i woulda loved it.

Post May 18th, 2006, 9:18 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Rides at SFMM that are not clones:
Viper
X
Riddler's Revenge
Flashback
Revolution
Colossus
Goliath
Tatsu
Gold Rusher
Ninja

11 out of 17 coasters are uncloned, that's really not that bad factoring in the two kiddie coasters. Also cloning B:TR and Deja Vu are NOT bad things.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 18th, 2006, 9:28 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

who cares. collossus is my favorite ride in that park, revolution is a close second..im my opinion deja vu belongs at a miniature golf course. i get more of a kick out of the zipper at the fair.

Post May 19th, 2006, 11:03 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

The trims were TURNED OFF? Dude, I hope that's true. I've seen a trimmed POV of the ride, and it looks really lame. But the LAYOUT... looks like one of the greatest steelies IMO, better than lisebergbanan, so flowing, creative, and with all elements including camelbacks, great kinds of turns and that loop. Also, are they thinking about removing the OTSR's? I think without that, the former glory can't be restored, but the trims is the much worse part...

Post May 19th, 2006, 3:10 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

no kidding, and youre right about the layout. in the 80's wed ride it at night, and thet turn just befor the loop run would scare the crap out of people in the front seart beacuse the nose of the car would extend over the track giving the impression of flying off.. but thos trims bug the living hell out of me.. those final turns used to rock.. there's still that awesome dive towards the station on the second drop though, some of the most intense positive gs ever... and that particular hill seems to have more floater than the 3rd drop on goliath.. not to mention the foilage surrounding it. those restraints may never come off.. there was some sort of thing where parks were required to add an extra restraint if the ride went upside down or something.. i think montezoomas revenge is the only thing left in so cal where you can go upside down without over the shoulders, but they did add seatbelts.. i have a feeling that the ots were added to keep people from being able to wiggle themselves out....

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:35 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Originally posted by Pad

The trims were TURNED OFF? Dude, I hope that's true. I've seen a trimmed POV of the ride, and it looks really lame. But the LAYOUT... looks like one of the greatest steelies IMO, better than lisebergbanan, so flowing, creative, and with all elements including camelbacks, great kinds of turns and that loop. Also, are they thinking about removing the OTSR's? I think without that, the former glory can't be restored, but the trims is the much worse part...

I agree about the lay-out. Without the OTSR and the trims this could be a great ride. LiseBergs banan is amazing. And I don't understand why they only run one train. I'm sure its designed for three or four trains. Lisebergs banan run 5 trains, and thanks to that long ques never is a problem.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post May 22nd, 2006, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,380.00 Points

Hmm, as for the OTSR I doubt they will ever be removed. As stated earlier I think there was a law put in or something about them. Anyways, they have done much to improove the look of it at least. It's been re-painted! It looks great..now if they can just fix the one train operation and as everyone else has stated, take of those blasted trims!!

Kevin

Post May 22nd, 2006, 7:20 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I can't believe they ever removed one of the trains ... it's definitely not a short coaster in terms of length or time, and I'd bet it still holds some popularity, they should definitely grab another train again.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
when i went on it on sunday, the trims were on, and it sucks when they're on. so slow and crappy. but they cant take out revolution, due to it being a recognized historical landmark coaster from ACE. there's a plaque on the way to the entrance.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 8:24 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

well.. they shoulda restored it.. there's lots of flying rollercoasters.. only one rvolution.....

Post May 22nd, 2006, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
yeah, but its still running and tatsu isn't just any flying coaster*ahem superman ultimate flight* if you ride it, you will know

Post May 22nd, 2006, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by hyperdude

when i went on it on sunday, the trims were on, and it sucks when they're on. so slow and crappy. but they cant take out revolution, due to it being a recognized historical landmark coaster from ACE. there's a plaque on the way to the entrance.

Its definatly not in its original state. How do they still have the landmark plaque? They changed the trains on Blue Streak at CP and they took the plaque away because of that.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 9:30 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yep.. it's like.. "hey look.. sure i bought the 2006 plasitic assembly line mustang... but i have 57 chevy bel aire deluxe hard top , of course the front end is all screwed up and i can't drive it over 55 but hey, the mustang does 120, and if i don't drive the 57 like it should be driven i won't wreck it...besides i spent all my money buying the mustang.... i'll just paint my chevy and drive reeeeealll slow "

Post May 22nd, 2006, 9:33 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

oh, and real.. fyi the plaque was donated AFTER they wrecked it even...

Post May 22nd, 2006, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Thats kind of...eh. Its ACE. They do as they please without any real structure.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions