Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

PS3, XBOX 360, or Revolution?

Playstation 3
57%
XBOX 360
20%
Revolution
24%

Total votes : 46

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Here's some real time renders of a game for the PS3

correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks pretty damn real

Post May 20th, 2006, 10:39 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Sorry to say, but everything looks either MUCH better still or MUCH worse. I doubt it'll look that realistic, I'm just judging from past experiences.

Post May 21st, 2006, 12:32 am

WHAT looks much better still or much worse? And from what past experiences are you judging?

Post May 21st, 2006, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
Those first two pics look pretty real, but when the woman was in the room it just looked like high quality animation. YOu can tell that they didn't add as much texture to her. The last pic looks pretty real until you zoom in, then you can see its not.

I have seen way better renders than that for both systems. Actually, the most realistic thing I have seen from either of the systems was for the 360.

You have to remember though, they are just renders.

Post May 21st, 2006, 1:17 am

is anyone but me kinda sad that GTA4 won't be out for another year?

Post May 21st, 2006, 8:46 am
Premium Member

WTF, didn't it come out for X360 after release?

Lets say the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, that doesn't mean it has better graphics, Its the graphics card that matters. If you get a computer with 3 gigs, and a comp. 4 gigs, the graphics arent going to be better in the 4 gig one unless you put in a really great graphics card. The power is to make the systems run more smoothly, efficently and to handle whats all in it.
If anyone thinks Im wrong, then by all means, post your opinion.

3 gigs? WTF are you talking about. VRAM, RAM, or did you mean Ghz as in a processor or the clocks of a video card. You honestly have no idea of what your talking about.

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:22 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
since he's talking about the thing that vidoe cards make the difference, prob. Ghz in proccesor speed

Post May 21st, 2006, 10:33 am

Originally posted by masterchief101

Lets say the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, that doesn't mean it has better graphics, Its the graphics card that matters. If you get a computer with 3 gigs, and a comp. 4 gigs, the graphics arent going to be better in the 4 gig one unless you put in a really great graphics card. The power is to make the systems run more smoothly, efficently and to handle whats all in it.
If anyone thinks Im wrong, then by all means, post your opinion.

I see what you're saying, but your comparison of the "3 gigs" computer versus the "4 gigs" computer doesn't quite work out (and brtn is right, you really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to comps). On a computer, the cpu is not so much a major part to gaming as it would be on a console because consoles are made solely for gaming, not gaming and everything else that a computer is made to do. Console cpu's are generally geared more towards gaming, so the gpu isn't as important as it would seem on a computer. You're right in the sense that the graphics card matters, but I can't quite say that its such an effective factor that it can change the end result.

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Okay, so lets say i dont know much about cpu's, I will when I go to college, Im going to study computer repair, hardware and probably software too. Its just something I figured I had a general idea about, but I havent been to school in a year, so what I learned kinda faded.

But anyway, Brtn, you kinda offended me with your snide remark, and you to SMer for backing him up. I guess Im just an idiot who knows nothing.

Plus I am really tired of hearing one sided reviews from all the fanboys, they never really try the other systems because they believe their system is almighty, they should at least try all the games that get all the hype for every system. But it will never happen. I guess there arent to many people out there that are like me and dont really care about power or graphics in the system. Or the popularity of the system. Im more in it for the games, cus thats what they are meant to do, but they are meant for more now. And most of the extras I dont care about.

There is one definite thing I do not like about the PS3, its the controllers, whats with the really long handle's? It like a boomerang. Did they have people with really large hands in mind?

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:44 pm

suck it up jeez

and if you call me a fanboy.... lol get to know me first. I'm just giving my opinions about stuff. Normally, I don't play anything but san andreas and don't even try to get all the games that get all the hype. I just have a ps2 and like it, and I'm lookin forward to the ps3. don't turn this into something it doesn't need to be.

p.s.
you can get ahead easily if you just use the internet [;)]

Post May 21st, 2006, 10:03 pm

Im refering to all the fanboys I see on the internet, Im not refering to you. And sometimes its hard to tell if its someone's opinion or not, Im not an expert on knowing if things are opinions or not. If there is such an expertese.

And I was being sarcastic in some parts in the first two paragraphs.

I know I can get ahead with the internet, but Id rather wait til cllege, cus thats just me.

Plus this topic is probably what it doesent need to be, its just hard to tell right now.

Post May 21st, 2006, 11:01 pm

ANYWAY!

does anyone here know what "Viva Pi?????????ata" is all about? It seems like a pretty fun game.

Post May 21st, 2006, 11:40 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

where the ps3 might have the slight edge in specs... it will not be noticeable in gameplay at all, imo. They will last as long as each other for as long as several generations of games. They will live & die out together. It will come down to what the exclusive games for that console is, imo, as well as pricing. For me it's got to be Xbox360. It's cheaper (and I thought it was expensive when they first came out, PS3 quickly changed my opinion about that.[lol]) Not only is it cheaper, it also has better titles like the CoD & Halo series. They'll also probably get Halflife 3 and other valve games. The games they don't get are a lot of those crappy japan games that suck to begin with, or at least I think they suck. They also won't get any Grand Theft Auto games to start with, but seriously... the series is getting old anyways...
So 360 for me...

Post May 21st, 2006, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
They wont get any GTA games? (to start with? its already started...)

Sony = owned

http://www.betanews.com/article/No_Wait ... 1147280541

Not only are their rights to having it first gone, they wont even have exclusive content like the 360. Seriously owned. LOL

Post May 21st, 2006, 11:50 pm

^Ahh, you beat me to it.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706234p1.html

^That is a better article though. GTA 4 will be released for the 360 and PS3 on the same day.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 8:22 pm

I heard the extra content is gonna be available for both systems. I mean, Ps3 is gonna have something like a marketplace anyway... so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 10:03 pm

So the PS3 is going to have a marketplace too? I like the 360 marketplace, So a marketplace is a welcome addition to any console for me.

I also want to say, Viva pinata just looks weird, but it might be a good weird. Have you tried looking at gamespot for info on it SMer?

Also, what is everyone's thoughts on Crackdown. Its made by the team that makes the GTA series. I already have it preorderd.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 10:38 pm

yea I meant that the PS3 will have something LIKE a marketplace. one of the things they're trying to do well this time is online play and everything that involves it. So media and downloadable content as well as seemless online play with xbox live-like features is said to be included, possibly for free.

And Viva Pi?????????ata, I think, is supposed to be like, you make your own little garden of pi?????????ata animals and do little things. I'm not sure, but I'm not really feelin like readin one of gamespots long previews right now.

And the Crackdown looks pretty cool. It seems like a more fast paced game and its graphics look pretty good. I'm not too sure what its about tho.

Post May 22nd, 2006, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I think where it says "Xbox 360 users will also get exclusive downloadable content for "GTA IV" via Xbox Live." pretty much states that if its exclusive to 360 and Live, then it wont be on PS3 unless they get their OWN exclusive content APART from 360's.

What you heard must have been wrong or you heard wrong to begin with.

Post May 23rd, 2006, 5:26 am

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
Am I the only Nintendoite here? I'm sorry, but I think revolution (now know has Wii) is going to be the poop. Its got all the original games, and then some. When I say original, I mean original as in nintendo is continuing games that came out like 20 years ago (ex: Mario, Metroid, Zelda).

oh, and I think this speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FO83eZd ... 2C%20Brawl

Post May 23rd, 2006, 7:26 am
Premium Member

The Wii will not have as awesome graphics as the PS3 and Xbox360, but instead of sticking to the classic and boring style of gameplay, the Wii will revolutionize video gaming IMO. I won't buy any system, but I know my younger brother will or ask for it for his birthday or christmas and so I'll play with him. It's time Microsoft and Sony realized that it's only the truth that gameplay keeps people coming back for more, not graphics. Go Nintendo ! :D

Post May 23rd, 2006, 8:30 pm

I don't think you're sacrificing much in the way of graphics by not getting the ps3 or 360...

Post May 23rd, 2006, 8:38 pm

I am going to get the Wii at launch. I'm gonna camp out.

Graphics don't really matter to me all that much. Its just how fun the game is. Take Halo and Halo 2 for example. Halo 2 has the better graphic, but I like Halo better. The Wii isn't that far behind the other two though, so it won't matter that much. I don't have an HD tv anyways.

Post May 23rd, 2006, 8:41 pm

yea if I'm gonna get a console that I'll play a lot, it'll be the Wii cuz most of the time someone else will be using or will kick me off our hdtv, so I'll be in my room with my little 13" tube.

^I hope I'm not in school when they launch it

Post May 24th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,053.00 Points

Originally posted by

they are still selling out days within they reach the stores.

"still" is insanity.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion