Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Unnoficial NL Twister Woodie Contest

Unnoficial NL Twister Woodie Contest

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

This is a new contest, devised solely around Twisters. I made up this contest up about five months ago; it took about four days to make all the rules & a template.
Here are the many rules. The rules dealing with 3D objects may be discarded and no points will be taken away, but tracks with 3Ds will be given extra points:

2006 Twisted Woodie NL Track Contest
READ EVERYTHING FIRST BEFORE YOU START!

Back Story- Well, a new coaster is on the horizon, as The Twisted Twin's run comes to a close, and you are the engineer at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom given the objective of designing everything about it. The park wants you to design a wooden twister. You are given a small plot of land, told the coaster must be themed, and at least 40 meters high. In addition it must stay in the plot (the pink), and have at least two spots of airtime. The station must be put, in the "X" spot, and the queue, must be in the small plot of land behind the station. In addition, all supports, must be inside the plot of land they tell you, as to not interfere with other rides. No supports may be on the railroad, (the blue), but they may be built over it, and connect on each side, and like track, they must be at least four meters above it. (Four meters, is about four dots, above the ground, from the left or right perspective.) Lastly, they present you with the task, of making it unique. Feel free to make any changes you want, but still keep the rules.

Your Objectives:
Make sure the ride has no G's over 5.1, or under -1.5
Build a custom station.
Build a custom & themed queue.
Make a sign to go over the front of the queue.
Buld supports, inside the pink.
Make you queue, station, and ride theme consistant.
Make track at least 4 meters above blue line.
Track must be at least thirty meters high, and must be a twister.
It must have a twister section in each plot of more open land.
Must run at least 2 trains.
Straight station.
Must pass tunnel and E-Stop testing.
No LIMs what-so-ever, may be used on the track.
Must be over 1000 meters long.
No Launches either.
No building in th red diamond, supports either.
Must have at least two moments of airtime.
Must have only two lifts, (one recommended though points will be counted off of overall for two lifts).
Lastly, must cross over and under itself at least four times.

You may build the coaster over again, but it must have the same layout, and follow all of the rules. Please re-name your coaster, and to submit it, package the file. Send the coaster to shockwave196@yahoo.com. Please include a back story for your coaster, you may change the colors, and you must keep the same coaster design (Wooden Articulated Trains). This is how the coasters will be scored:

Smoothness: Max 50 pts.
Queue & Station: Max 50 pts.
G's- Max 25 pts.
Theme Idea & Originality- Max 75 pts.
Overall Coaster- Max 100 pts.

3DS DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE TO BE INCLUDED BUT WILL ADD UP TO EXTRA POINTS IF INCLUDED.

Perfection, which is highly impossible, is a total of 300 pts. A total of 10 cushion points will be added to each score below fifty. You have 4 weeks.
Contest Template picture coming soon. (Could someone tell me how to get a picture of the NL editor and put it on the forums.)
Only 10 people can sign up so hurry:

1. johan van oort
Last edited by SixFlagsOverTexas on May 22nd, 2006, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post May 21st, 2006, 9:54 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

"unofficial" means that he didn't get it approved. BTW, to take a screenshot in the editor, just hit the "PrtScrn" button, and then paste it onto a picture file.

Post May 21st, 2006, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Thank you for letting me use my uber awesome editing skills on your topic SFOT!

This is a new contest, devised solely around Twisters. I made up this contest up about five months ago; it took about four days to make all the rules & a template.
Here are the many rules. The rules dealing with 3D objects may be discarded and no points will be taken away, but tracks with 3Ds will be given extra points:

2006 Twisted Woodie NL Track Contest
READ EVERYTHING FIRST BEFORE YOU START!

Back Story- A new coaster is on the horizon, as The Twisted Twin's run comes to a close, you are the engineer at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom given the objective of designing everything about it. The park wants you to design a wooden twister. You are given a small plot of land, told the coaster must be themed, and at least 40 meters high. In addition it must stay in the plot (the pink), and have at least two spots of airtime. The station must be put, in the "X" spot, and the queue, must be in the small plot of land behind the station. In addition, all supports, must be inside the plot of land they tell you, as to not interfere with other rides. No supports may be on the railroad (the blue), but they may be built over it, and they must connect on each side. And like track, they must be at least four meters above it. (Four meters, is about four dots, above the ground, from the left or right perspective, assuming you have not altered the original NL settings) Lastly, they present you with the task of making it unique. Feel free to make any changes you want, but still keep the track within the rules.

Your Objectives:
Make sure the ride has no G's over 5.1, and under -1.5
Build a custom station.
Build a custom & themed queue.
Make a sign to go over the front of the queue.
Build supports, inside the pink, ONLY.
Make your queue, station, and ride theme consistant.
Make track at least 4 meters above blue line.
Track must be at least thirty meters high, and must be in twister style.
It must have a twister section in each plot of more open land.
Must run at least 2 trains.
Straight station.
Must pass tunnel and E-Stop testing.
No LIMs what-so-ever may be used on the track.
Must be over 1000 meters long.
No Launches either.
No building in the red diamond, supports included.
Must have at least two moments of airtime.
Must have 1 lift, no more than two, (one recommended though points will be counted off of overall score for two lifts).
Lastly, must cross over and under itself at least four times.

You may build the coaster over again, but it must have the same layout, and follow all of the rules. Please re-name your coaster, and to submit it, package the file. Send the coaster to shockwave196@yahoo.com. Please include a back story for your coaster, you may change the colors, and you must keep the same coaster design (Wooden Articulated Trains). This is how the coasters will be scored:

Smoothness: Max 50 pts.
Queue & Station: Max 50 pts.
G's- Max 25 pts.
Theme Idea & Originality- Max 75 pts.
Overall Coaster- Max 100 pts.

3DS DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE TO BE INCLUDED BUT WILL ADD UP TO EXTRA POINTS IF INCLUDED.

Perfection, which is highly impossible, is a total of 300 pts. A total of 10 cushion points will be added to each score below fifty. You have 4 weeks to submit your entry.
Contest Template picture coming soon. (Could someone tell me how to get a picture of the NL editor and put it on the forums.)
Only 10 people can sign up so hurry:

Post May 22nd, 2006, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post May 22nd, 2006, 2:17 am

Points on hand: 99.00 Points
I think I'll give it a try, so count me in for this contest :)

Post May 22nd, 2006, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster