Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Coaster Videos

Coaster Videos

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 26th, 2006, 8:40 am

Points on hand: 2,581.00 Points
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone out there would like to "edit" some videos for me? The only thing I need is to speed them up to about 150%, and still make them flow. I tried it with mine, and it makes it all choppy and sh_ty. I'm tring to use them in a video for a project, so if any one would like to do this for me it would be great! Thank you SO much in advance!

Sunny

-post topics in the adequate forum, next time it wont be moved.-

Post May 26th, 2006, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I have some video editing software that could do it smoothly for you. Just e-mail it to me and tell me what you want done and I'll try my best to do it.

Here's my e-mail: mutantzombierape@yahoo.com [lol, don't ask]

Post May 26th, 2006, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 2,038.00 Points
I can help you out to. I do video for weddings and events so shoot me the link as well. I'd be happy to render your vids quicker for you.

Post May 27th, 2006, 2:54 pm

thank you for responding, im still uploading the zip folder with all the videos. the only thing that i need is for someone to speed them up to 150%. The sound doesnt need to be altered, as there will be a song in the background to dround it out. ill post the link in a bit, cause my computer is really slow, so its been uploading since 2am this morning, and not at 3pm, it still isnt done. so ill post the link when its done.

Thank you SOO much! I really appreciate it!

Sunny.

Post May 28th, 2006, 9:14 pm

No problem man. If audio isn't an issue, I'll just strip it completely. That will same on file size some.

Post May 29th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Ok, so I think this is the link with the videos:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 115416E9B7

Once you are editing, the only thing I need is all videos to be seperate, and spead up to 150% of the origional speed. Audio is not a problem, you could just delete it if you wanted. And if you want to upload with yousendit, and are having problems, I know what to do, so just leave a message, and I'll leave instructions. Either way, PLEASE don't email them to me cause it probably won't fit. Thank you SOO much for doing this, and your name will go into the credits if you want. I'll also upload the video when it's done so you can see it cause it will look awesome! That's it! Thanks again!

Sunny.

Post June 1st, 2006, 2:55 pm

NP man, I have them downloading at home now, and will fix them up for you when I get home. I got some webspace to dump the files to and will send you the link via private message.

Post June 1st, 2006, 4:40 pm

thanks SO much! If it is possible, could you get them before saturday, cause i want to get this video done asap. But if you cant, we dont actually present for another couple of weeks, so i guess it doesnt really matter lol. Anyhoo thanks again!

Sunny

Post June 1st, 2006, 11:33 pm

Yo Sundown, Check your PM box for a link to the speeded up vids.

Post June 2nd, 2006, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 3,380.00 Points

ZOOZ3R...lol, I'm sure you could do it for him, but..if it were me I dont' know if I'D trust someone with the name "mutantzombierape" as their email, lol, jk. [:p]

-IntaminXtreme

Post June 2nd, 2006, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Ummmm, here is a REAL dumb question ... but you have asked for permission to use these videos, right? I mean, they are from multiple sources (I checked) and while some may not care, others may dang well care that you are using their productions for your own project ...

Post June 2nd, 2006, 5:06 pm

well heres the thing, we are going to site the source, like all other projects, and if the web masters didn't want us to use them, why would they bother uploading them? It's like all other things that go on the net - they will be used some how. Well at least thats my opinion. If they do not want me to use them, then I won't but the idea never really crossed my mind. It's like a colaboration, so TECHNICALLY it isnt theirs, but in reality it is lol. But I will upload it here if people want to see it. Later!

Sunny

Post June 2nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Post June 5th, 2006, 12:25 pm

He is actually protected under the Creative Commons Act, Basically he can do what he wants to with the vids. He just can't show them to anyone but himself or distribute to anyone. Sort of like using Tivo to save your favorite TV show.

However, WeeWee probably just downloaded some of the videos free and slapped their disclamer on it. Free Open Source vids such as roller coasters are easy to find. Such as The Hulk and Fire & Ice,in the below link. Which weewee doesn't have yet.

Archives.Org Open Source Vids

Post June 5th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Originally posted by supadave

He is actually protected under the Creative Commons Act, Basically he can do what he wants to with the vids. He just can't show them to anyone but himself or distribute to anyone. Sort of like using Tivo to save your favorite TV show.

However, WeeWee probably just downloaded some of the videos free and slapped their disclamer on it. Free Open Source vids such as roller coasters are easy to find. Such as The Hulk and Fire & Ice,in the below link. Which weewee doesn't have yet.

Archives.Org Open Source Vids
[lol] ^ Knucklehead ...
Dude, those videos have credits on them as they were filmed by members here, unless they were donated to WWS which in that case, they STILL become property of WWS according to the Terms of Service of this site, which you agreed to follow as well. Either way, the videos become the property of WWS. Supadave, you really ought to read up on copyright law prior to giving out bad legal advice - as it is apparent you have no idea what you are talking about.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 5th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Well listen, if the people didn't want other people to view them, then why the eff would they even bother doing through all the poop of getting the video? Like actually filming the ride must have been a pain in the ass by itself. So I donno about the legal stuff, but it seems to me like they are up for grabs, as long as the people don't pirate them (I'm just using them for a video, and deleting them after as it takes up too much space). I'm not using it other than to enhance a presentation that is worth 30% of my final mark, so I figured that I would use all the resources I could, and since I didn't have to pay to get access to the videos, I should be fine if I site where I got them (which I did). However, to cover my ass, I pm-ed weeweeslap regarding this issue, and he hasen't gotten back to me at this time. Until he does, I will not use the video at all, unless people want to see it on here.

Sunny.

Post June 5th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,021.00 Points
You didn't read it very close did you. He can not distribute, he can not sell, he can not even show it to anyone. It's a dumb law that basically does nothing for him. But it is a law. Think about in terms of Tivo. You can save and watch your favorite TV shows over and over but you damn sure don't own the rights to rebroadcast or distribute. If content is free for public display then it fall under this catagory and I think that is the intent WeeWee has. They want everyone to feel free to watch, enjoy, and even download. They just don't want to see them distributed by any other source and that makes plenty of sense.

Here is a question for you? What makes it legal for you to display your family guy signature? You don't own the rights to that show.. Think about that one.

Since my original account is no longer working, I think this will be my last post here. Good luck WeeWee.

Supadave

Post June 5th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Sundown_8

Well listen, if the people didn't want other people to view them, then why the eff would they even bother doing through all the poop of getting the video? Like actually filming the ride must have been a pain in the ass by itself. So I donno about the legal stuff, but it seems to me like they are up for grabs, as long as the people don't pirate them (I'm just using them for a video, and deleting them after as it takes up too much space). I'm not using it other than to enhance a presentation that is worth 30% of my final mark, so I figured that I would use all the resources I could, and since I didn't have to pay to get access to the videos, I should be fine if I site where I got them (which I did). However, to cover my ass, I pm-ed weeweeslap regarding this issue, and he hasen't gotten back to me at this time. Until he does, I will not use the video at all, unless people want to see it on here.

Sunny.

First off, WWS is on a tour of Midwest parks. I met up with him yesterday at Kennywood, so he doesn't have access to a computer of any type, so it might be a little until he gets back to you. Secondly, it isn't that hard to film coasters. You just pull out a camera, and point it a the coaster train, simple. Then you just edit and put some music on it.

Oh Supadave, all the videos of coasters on this site were either filmed by WWS or given to him to post by another member or person. He would never steal a video, that's just [stupid]. Plus, he's too cool to be stupid enough to do something like that.

Post June 5th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Sunny.

First off, WWS is on a tour of Midwest parks. I met up with him yesterday at Kennywood, so he doesn't have access to a computer of any type, so it might be a little until he gets back to you. Secondly, it isn't that hard to film coasters. You just pull out a camera, and point it a the coaster train, simple. Then you just edit and put some music on it.

Oh Supadave, all the videos of coasters on this site were either filmed by WWS or given to him to post by another member or person. He would never steal a video, that's just gay. Plus, he's too cool to be stupid enough to do something like that.

Ok, sorry I forgot he was doing that. Also, do you have the right to film roller coasters like that? I know most of the time I'm scared shitless to hold a camera on a coaster. That alone is stealing, unless of course you did get permission. And finally, please never use gay in that form, it's offensive. I'm not saying that I am gay, but I have friends who are, and saying that is just rediculious. Thanx

Sunny.

Post June 5th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Thank you, it just irratates me to hear comments like that. People just need to be more aware of that issue, but thats another story for another day. Anyways back to the videos. If he was given permission to get the videos, than we shouldnt really be asing him...well technically. So he got permission to get the videos, and we have to ask him for permission for videos that he had to get permission for? Doesnt really make sence in my mind. But I will wait until he responds before I use the video.

Sunny

Post June 5th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

You need permission because the videos belong to him and not to you.

Post June 6th, 2006, 3:23 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Anyways back to the videos. If he was given permission to get the videos, than we shouldnt really be asing him...well technically. So he got permission to get the videos, and we have to ask him for permission for videos that he had to get permission for? Doesnt really make sence in my mind. But I will wait until he responds before I use the video.

Sunny

The people on this site that recorded the video's gave it to wws. So now he owns the videos. But technically you should also ask the person who shot the video. Since it's their material.
But what's the problem by recording yourself some nice material. It's not nessary to must have on-ride material. You can make also some nice videos without onride shots [:)]

Anyway, the best way to get permission to use the video material is to ask the person who shot the material AND wws. [:)] If both people say yes. Then you can use it [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 6th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Originally posted by SixFlagsFiesta

They even try to do a new version of the electric slide while holding down the deadmans peddle with there tongue.
[lol]
Is this topic dead yet? HAHAHA

Post June 6th, 2006, 3:56 pm

lol I wish it would be, I'm too stressed to argue anymore.

Post June 6th, 2006, 4:59 pm

HORRAY! Now I get to study! lol
Why did I go back...

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion