Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Intamin Plug 'n' PLay terrain woodie!

Intamin Plug 'n' PLay terrain woodie!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 17th, 2006, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 3,415.00 Points

Ok, this track I'm making has a long way to go and it will be a day or two before any screenshots. I still have to do a lot of terrain work and smooth some of the track. I just have one question. The first two camelbacks pull -1.8 g's. Is that too much?

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:02 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I'd say that those g's are pretty high... Try to lower the force to about -1.5g :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:10 am

Ok, thanks. It very hard to do once you have almost your whole track layed out. I guess I just have to raise the top of the hill, or else put a trim brake. Trim brakes will be a last resort.

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

-1.8 is wayy to high. I wouldn't go higher than -1.5 ever.

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I'd say -1.5 is about the very maximum when sustained for about a second. If it's sustained any longer than that I'd try and reduce it to about -1.4 or -1.3.
The best way to reduce the G's is not always to raise the hill, as that could lose pacing. It's better to just increase the radius of the crest of the hill, end either lengthening the whole thing or making it a bit steeper, with the pullout from the base of the hill slightly lower down.

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:45 am

Points on hand: 2,184.00 Points

I would say it is just fine. If I am not the only one who has ridden El Toro here, the -g's are slightly more than -1.6, the are very high.

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:53 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:55 am

Ok, problem solved. I got them down quite a bit. The front seat pulls -1.3 g's and the back seat -1.5. Only for a split second though, at the very peak of the hill. The hills are all parabolic, so it's mostly floater air and then a pop of ejector right at the peak.

Post June 17th, 2006, 12:48 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by jcf1

I would say it is just fine. If I am not the only one who has ridden El Toro here, the -g's are slightly more than -1.6, the are very high.

Hehe they're not that high.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 17th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Ok, I'm fuming right now. This coaster has an El Toro/Voyage kind of layout to it. That means lots of steep banks. EVERY time I make a curve that's banked 70 or more degrees, the train and/or track collide with the catwalk and railing! It's really pissing me off![:(!]

Post June 17th, 2006, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Well first step is to grow a penis and chill out.... Then you can try costomizing your supports a little bit eh?

Post June 17th, 2006, 10:34 pm

I tried deleting the catwalk, but it still collides with the scaffolding. And you sorta need a catwalk anyway. Well I guess I won't worry about it until my track and terrain is done. Man, NL supports are a pain! [}:)]

Post June 17th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Sounds like your track is too close to the ground, try raising it up?

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:24 pm

That's not the problem, it's just that I'll have to move some nodes. Anyway, I have another question. I am using the NL terraformer, and I've been making some mountains. is there a way to use a combination of different textures? Like if I want my whole terrain to have grass, is there a way to keep the grass and also add rock or snow to the mountain peaks? Because it seems like you can only use one texture for the whole map, which would suck.

Post June 17th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

In the terraformer there is a feature that changes the terrain texture past a certain elevation.

Post June 18th, 2006, 12:01 am

OK thanks, it doesn't work the way I hoped though. Oh well, how often do you visit a theme park with snow capped mountains anyway? [lol]

Post June 18th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Ok, the track is done, I think. Later today I'll hopefully have some nice screenshots and maybe even a teaser video. As for the terrain, it might take a while. The NL terraformer keeps having technical problems and shutting down for some reason, so I'll just do the best I can. When I make gigantic 1000' mountains, it seems to have problems.

Anyway, I might have a little tweaking to do, but after lots of work, I got all the g's in check, and barely any jerks or pumps. Actually, there aren't any "pumps" but there are a couple little jerks here and there that are hard to get rid of. If it was an old woodie, I wouldn't care but that's not realistic for a plug 'n' play! The whole ride is pretty much smooth as glass and VERY intense.

Post June 18th, 2006, 2:13 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

this oughta be good.. can't wait till the post after the ride gets rated.. that'll be the best part..

Post June 18th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Ditto Jayman.... *Pulls up lawn chair and Cracks open soda*

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Quit it. this ride is nothing like my other two, you guys will like it. If you like El Toro, and Voyage, you'll like this. I won't complain or flame anyone, as long as you guys don't start giving me needless crap like you already are.

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:07 pm

lol, You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rediculously full of yourself.

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Dude, seriously! Why the hell would you automatically hate my ride before you even see it?

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Bowserjoe

Quit it. this ride is nothing like my other two, you guys will like it. If you like El Toro, and Voyage, you'll like this. I won't complain or flame anyone, as long as you guys don't start giving me needless crap like you already are.

First off dont call me dude. I'm not your dude. [xx(] We (or at least I) are giving you poop because you say the same things about your last ride....

"This ride is nothing like my other two"...Why not??? I thought you were trying to convince us those were amazing rides and that the tech on them is perfect and acceptable. Are you contradicting yourself now?....

"You guys will like it, If you like Voyage and El Toro, you'll like this".... Dont you think thats just a tad pushing it? Dont tell us what we will like, unless your THAT confident in your ride, if thats the case I laugh at you.

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Fine....laugh at me. Of course I said it about my other rides, because as I build more coasters, my techniques improve each time. Each ride will be better than my last, and all I'm saying is that this is my best yet. I didn't say it's perfect, because I know it's not perfect. You on the other hand, haven't even seen the thing and you're already being critical. Just shut up, or get out of my face.

Post June 18th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Quit giving him a hard time. Just wait for the ride to come out, then you can rub it in his face, I just don't think this is the time or place for that. Save it for the download screen.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area