Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions "Sweet Spots" on DP's coasters

"Sweet Spots" on DP's coasters

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 22nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Although I have gone to DP twice before, and I am going for the third time in about 8 days, I never found out where the best seats on the coasters are. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to try every seat. So, does anyone know the best seats of the following rides?

Hydra

Talon

Steel Force

Laser

Thunderhawk

I have ridden all of them already, I just want to get the best out of them. Besides, last time I rode Steel Force (last June) I experienced basically no airtime.

Post June 22nd, 2006, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I prefer Hydra backseat for some reason, maybe that little air on the drop, and you'll get a cooler effect in the JoJo. Talon, like all other inverteds, is better when riding frontseat.
Steel Force.. ehm, I only rode it back seat, and it was a nice ride, nothing more. Maybe it's better when riding somewhere else, dunno.
Laser and thunderhawk, I don't think it really does matter on these rides, the experience was like the same in front and in back, so.. :)
Have fun in DP by the way!

Post June 22nd, 2006, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Post June 22nd, 2006, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

First.

I've read on some websites that talon is best in the back, far right. Not sure though.

Post June 23rd, 2006, 7:24 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Its pretty much the same story with all modern coasters. The front is the fastest entering an element, the back is the fastest exiting it.
If your after airtime, the front gives more of a pop of air, whilst the back is way more sustained. But your opting for the best experiance right?
Whick almost in every circumstance is the front, so i'de go for the front, better POV.

Post June 24th, 2006, 3:40 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

First.

I've read on some websites that talon is best in the back, far right. Not sure though.

Close. I liked far left. Back seat owns on that ride.

Steel Force doesnt matter.

I like Hydra ANYWHERE. Front seat has some great effects but back seat has the typically more extreme ride. Plus you get some great airtime off the drop and hill together with pyscho floater through the Zero G. Its easily the Best. Zero G. Ever.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions