Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Launch or Drop

Launch or Drop

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Launch or Drop

Launch
25%
Drop
75%

Total votes : 83

Post June 4th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

Definately drop. It builds up your adrenaline in a Drop Zone like coaster. Mailboomer at C.A. was boring and it launched. It wasn't much fun as Drop Zone at PGA. It literally floated you out of your seat on it.

Post June 4th, 2006, 4:06 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I don't prefer either. THey're both good, IMO. Although generally the launched ones have better air time at the top, where as the drop ones are a little scarier simply because you have all that way to go before you get dropped. And before you're even dropped, you wait at the top for 7 seconds. But I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick the drop, simply because it lasts longer then the 10 second ride the launch has to offer, but none the less, they're both very mediocre rides, imo.

Post June 4th, 2006, 4:17 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by nej77

The question is: do you prefer Free Fall or "Launched Tower"?

We are not talking about coasters[^]

does it matter

Post June 10th, 2006, 9:17 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Yes cause its going off topic. Also I don't agree that you get more airtime on a lauch.

Post June 10th, 2006, 9:32 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterboaster

Yes cause its going off topic. Also I don't agree that you get more airtime on a lauch.

the launch on towers and coasters are very similar, the acceleration, the sudden force, unexpected

and the drop, first the tensionbuilding lift, and the acceleration downwards

Post June 11th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,658.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterboaster

Also I don't agree that you get more airtime on a lauch.

you're right

---------------------------

launch towers: floater air
drop towers: ejector air

Post June 20th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,895.00 Points
i went the one at drayton manor and that was great but you can chooes standup stand up florless or sitdown i chose sit down but still scarey loads of airtime Image

Post June 20th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2006, 2:01 am

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

When SF took over SFNE, they had the scream tower doing Launch first, stop you in the middle, and lifted you up for a drop.

By far the best ride ever! now its just lame becuase the ride is less than a min. on bolth types.

i don't really have a preference. I love Power Drops. and the mini S&S at my local park "Canobie Lake PArk" its prety intence for not being able to go over the hight of the trees! you get to the top of the tower 3 times!

Post June 26th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

drops build the suspense, but they only work in a 1 tower situation. 4 towers of drops isn't a good scene, but 4 towers of launches is a good scene.

Post June 26th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Dugie2007

Drop for sure. Like CP Power Tower. I love it when im sutting up there just wait for the drop. It's the best.

i love it when im sutting there, too! [lol]
but seriously, where in michigan do you live? (your title)
i live close to the utica/romeo/mount clements (<<spell?) area. about 50 mins from downtown detriot and about 3 hours to Cedar Point[worship]
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 27th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,415.00 Points

Obviously combo mode on an S&S tower is by far my favorite. But if i could only choose between turbo drop or space shot, I'd take Turbo drop any day. Space shot just gives you a nice launch, some quick floater air, and then a few bounces back down. Turbo drop is much scarier because of the anticipation going up, then you just sit there not knowing when to expect that extreme ejctor air that lasts the entire way down! Nothing gives me more of a rush than a freefall ride.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions