Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Death on Disney's Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Death on Disney's Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 29th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

CNN reports: A 12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster at Disney-MGM studios in Orlando, Florida, officials tell CNN.

No other information at this time ...

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:00 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:04 pm

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A 12-year-old boy died on a roller coaster at Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida, on Thursday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Disney could not be reached for comment, and few details were available.

The boy was unresponsive in his seat at the end of the Rock 'N' Roller coaster ride, said Terry McElroy of the Florida Department of Agriculture, which regulates the industry.

The boy was given CPR and taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities don't know at this time if he was riding by himself or with family members.

The incident occurred at 11:30 a.m. Disney reported the accident to Florida police at 1 p.m.

Disney shut down the ride and an inspector was on site to observe the Disney investigation. The Orange County Sheriff's Office is conducting an investigation as well.

Disney boasts of the ride on its Web site, "Zoom from 0-60 mph with the force of a supersonic F-14, take in high-speed loops and turns synchronized to a specially recorded Aerosmith soundtrack and zip through Tinseltown in the biggest, loudest limo you've ever seen."

One month ago, another child died on the Disney ride "Mission Space" at the Epcot Center.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/29/coaste ... index.html

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Premium Member

^ [lol], i was JUST going to copy and paste that.

still, not many details besides the time and that he died ... at least he didn't fall out his restraint, it must be medically related such as he has some disease or medication that doesn't cooperate with the kinds of maneuvers on a coaster.

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:19 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
ten thousands of people ride that thing and survive, one kid with aparantly a health conditition dies on it and hell brakes loose

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,637.00 Points

Your more likely to die on the trip to disney rather then the rides at disney.Insert

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Well, "hell" really has not broken loose hyyyper ... it is just a report on CNN.com. [lol]

Post June 29th, 2006, 3:53 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Lesson to learn: sick kids and high g forces do not mix.

Post June 29th, 2006, 4:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by TConwell

Well, "hell" really has not broken loose hyyyper ... it is just a report on CNN.com. [lol]

well, i was leaning towards to family of the other death, which filed this lawsuit, apperantly, they don't want the one who died to be the one who made the mistake, very weak, if you ask me

Post June 29th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Authorities don't know at this time if he was riding by himself or with family members.

Wouldn't it be obviouse if there were two screming adults not wanting to leave the ride?
Rarwh

Post June 29th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:13 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Word is the kid had no prior medical condition and that is what the media is running. I don't know where you people are getting that he was sick before getting on.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:19 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

it seems the only explenation, how else does someone die on a coaster and everyone else who rides it, get's off alive?

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:21 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

overexictement causes heart failure or a respiratory attack can occur due to the intense reaction the body encounters from the unknown things that are about to happen... Those are 2 explanations.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 30th, 2006, 3:27 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

hmmm..your right about that, but disney didn't do anything wrong, and that was basically my point

Post June 30th, 2006, 4:58 am

Points on hand: 5,351.00 Points
It actually sounds like a panic attack, mabie he had one, and when you are going fast its hard to breathe, mabie he couldent breathe then died.

Im not sure how panic attacks come on, but they affect your breathing badly.

Post June 30th, 2006, 5:35 am

Points on hand: 2,125.00 Points

To tell you the truth, I've ridden this ride quite a few times and the only thing about it is the acceleration of this ride. The acceleration is definately the fastest of most launch coasters I've been on. After the launch it's just.... bleh. Disney might wanna do sumthin about this. I mean Disney's had problems in California and Florida and they might wanna be thinkin of ways to get themselves out of the "hole." Otherwise, they're gonna have more people sueing and less people riding the rides. Hell it makes me nervous now cuz I could die on Expedition Everest lmao

Post June 30th, 2006, 7:07 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

well, the launch is sertenly not the most powerfull, and how do you do someting about a rollercoaster, rebuild it? this ain't Rct

Post June 30th, 2006, 7:47 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Well they were all over this story down here in Jacksonville (pitstop on our drive to Tejas) and they said their still waiting for an autopsy. Some guy from CNN that came on said he thinks there may have been some prior illness that the parents were not aware of.

Post June 30th, 2006, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

This is pethetic. Every death on disney property Isn't their problem It's the families saying "Jimmy I know you have heart problems and they say for you not to ride but thats bull..." It makes me sick sueing disney for reason not related to the company. Who is with me to give one big WeeWeeSlap SLAP to those idiotic parents.

Post June 30th, 2006, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 5,351.00 Points
What happens if the parents had no idea of the medical issue and mabie it would be the hospitals/doctors fault?? OR Parents if they never took him for check-ups, but definetly not disneys fault!!!

Post June 30th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
0-57 in 2.8... o yea thats intense Mr.ChainGangSoldier4Life15 *extreme amount of sarcasim*

Post June 30th, 2006, 12:33 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^yup, doponpha, and the intamin's never killed someone, at least not as far as i know, CaliScreamin broke down once, but that was something else

Post June 30th, 2006, 1:32 pm
Premium Member

It was certainly caused by a health condition of the child. That coaster has been running forever, and no one has ever died on it. Not to mention, the coaster functioned perfectly ... the child's body did not, it most certainly was the "fault" of the parents who let him ride, if anyone wants to play the blame game.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions