Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 30th, 2006, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Most will see what they want, and of course believe what they want, but in the words of one of the explorers, "People will always be looking for it, always be skeptical, always be excited of the search," Cornuke said. "But I think we found something here that's very notable."

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/ha ... 0000000001

I don't create the news, I just report it.

Post June 30th, 2006, 10:30 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2006, 10:40 am

Originally posted by hyyyper

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11589

Look at the dates of the 2 news articles knucklehead ... therefore, they are not the same posts. Geesh man.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 30th, 2006, 11:32 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

same mountain, same stuff, anyways, what's new? just some guys who found wood, not much more then they did back then,

what does it prove anyways

Post June 30th, 2006, 12:25 pm

"I don't create the news, I just report it."

Dejavu, isn't it?

Post June 30th, 2006, 12:27 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It wasn't directed at you, it was an open statement [;)]

Post June 30th, 2006, 5:13 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i thought they found "noah's ark" back in the late 70's.. i specificaly remember going to a movie with our church about it, but it did't pan out. i doubt it , highly doubt it. pure common sense proves that the story of the ark, in my opinion , is not much different than a parable.one that comes up over and over again in other religions and beleif systems.. olive trees cannot grow underwater, or live under saltwater for a year..fish that require salt water will die if it isn't salty enough, and fresh water fish will die if there's salt in the water.
a boat with that much oxegn breathing cargo would require a very elaborate ventilation system, but the bible specificaly says it only had one window at the top. i've seen where people have tried to prove that they could fit everything they were commanded to on the boat, and it cracks me up. after 40 days and 40 nights of enough rain to flood THE WHOLE WORLD, the ark would require a dewatering system to keep it afloat, but again.. only one window. of course i didn't DARE ask thes questions wheni was a 10 year old, you don't bite the hand that feeds you...

Post June 30th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Noah's arc doesent exist.... I'm not saying this with any opinion about christianity or if god is real or whatever.... The boat isnt real, its just a story. I've talked to several pastors about it aswell, One saying "Noah's arc and other such stories and great and all, but thats just what they are...'stories'. Christianity is about the true faith in god, nothing else".

Post June 30th, 2006, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Do people over the age of 10 actualy believe Noahs Ark? I mean come on, the story is somewhat far-fetched. Am I suposed to believe Noah got two of every animal in the world and furthermore, how can an animal such as a polar bear and a lion co-exsist in the same enviroment if they have just been taken out of the wild. Sure they can at zoos, but these animals where most likly born in or aclimatised to thier location for several years. Plus how can only family feed, water and clean the poop of so many animals. This Ark must of seriously stank after 40 days and 40 nights, surely the fumes from all the poop alone would be enough to kill Noah

Post June 30th, 2006, 6:55 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

gas masks, or they are used to it, I mean the found it in Iran and the people there are fond of camels and you know how bad those things smell.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 30th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
[quote]Originally posted by Edge

Do people over the age of 10 actualy believe Noahs Ark? I[/quote

Unless only people under the age of 10 read the news on AOL,then yes, seeing as over 50% of those who voted do belive the story and that the wood found is reminance of Noa's Ark.

Now here's my opinion: Wood decomposes[hello]. Unless preserved in a pete bogg it physically can not survive for 4000 years, on top of a MOUNTAIN of all places. And I assure you, at any point in time, there where absolutley NO pete boggs on that mountain. Really, this is no dis to christianity but whoever came up with that story must've been completely retarded to think that the rest of the wourld would acctually belive it.

Post June 30th, 2006, 11:15 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

compared to people now.. yeah, i guess you could say retarded, but for their time they were considered intellectuals, scientists even.. "hey why are there seashells in the mountains?" the wise man of say 14,000 years ago (noah's ark isn't the only flood story, even in the americas people believed that the god's had destroyed the world with water, one of these stories involves a god who got permission from the others to let a couple humans and a bunch of animals escape in a big canoe..) isn't gonna have the resources to suggest an ice age and continental drift... he's gonna say" god's got pissed off, covered world with water, might happen again if we don't behave" and people treat him like a genius.
you're right though, there really isn't a way that a wooden boat that had been drifting around in salt water for a year could not decompose in this much time, unless it was petrified, but the conditions for that are not present here. ........ oh.. i just thought of something, to cover up the whole world that'd have to be ALOT of water..it would take many many many generations to dry it all up. yes there is alot of geneaology in this part of the bible that spans alot of time but with something as exciting as alot of water everywhere except the highest mountains you'd think that they'd have included stories about what would be a world of small islands and a very humid climate, but the next stories in the bible are about people living in the desert, you'd think that there'd be ALOT of stories about lots and lots of water...thats just a thought, NOT a challenge.. ,(prepared for "springs under the earth" actually there's alot of places people will say the water went i reckon, but still it's effects would still be evident... i mean, abraham woulda been living in a swamp, and the precipitation level would have been so high if the water was to evaporate fast enough turn these places into deserts, so it'd rain constanly,and it would take even longer... arrrrgh.. neeed.. beeer brain activity toooo high...... )

Post July 1st, 2006, 12:12 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

oh. man.. i just thought of this too.. if it was true it wouldn't really be "lost" i mean, it'd be the centerpeice of the area that all human life began again, why would anyone forget where it was in such a short time?

Post July 1st, 2006, 9:22 am

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Noah's arc doesent exist.... I'm not saying this with any opinion about christianity or if god is real or whatever.... The boat isnt real, its just a story. I've talked to several pastors about it aswell, One saying "Noah's arc and other such stories and great and all, but thats just what they are...'stories'. Christianity is about the true faith in god, nothing else".
I would like their name(s) and number(s). I would like to talk to them directly rather than hearing what "Garrett" recalls of their conversation(s). Let's compare facts on this ... one Pastor to another.

Return to Off Topic Discussion