Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion World issue discussion - North Korea

World issue discussion - North Korea

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 8th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I cannot believe no one has talked about North Korea and their successful and failed missile tests yet, so I thought I would bring this up. Now, I will caveat this by saying I will be in South Korea from Aug 1 through the 9th, so I am a little apprehensive about going -- but that is not the point of this thread.

What do you guys think about the missile tests? How about the little wanna-be dictator who wears platform shoes to make himself look bigger? Do they as a nation have a right to test? Should they listen to the world when all leaders are telling them to stop? Why would they threaten nuclear war with the US for us defending their ally, Japan, against missiles flying overhead?

I am pretty sure this is just another dictator trying to wave his sword in the public eye so that the world will notice him (cough Sadaam), but has anyone else got any views on this from a world standpoint?

And oh ... on the threatening nuclear war issue, apparently they have not read what happened in 1945 to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. [flush]

I just do not get it .... does anyone else?
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post July 8th, 2006, 3:44 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

eh... I dont really read up on world issues... the world's kinda wierd... but I am against them testing nukes and stuff, because i rather value my life... and their dictator sucks (hell, all dictators suck... bossy people in general suck lol)

Post July 8th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,637.00 Points

Kim Jong Ill needs to be assassinated.

By some secret Cia opperation. [:D]

Post July 8th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

Originally posted by whitewolf323

Kim Jong Ill needs to be assassinated.

By some secret Cia opperation. [:D]

the CIA would set off the nukes. send in James Bond, he'll sot it with is sexy side kick
Making screams come true

Post July 8th, 2006, 4:51 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
When you're short next to a bunch of Asian people you're pretty damned short.

Secondly the UN should cut a deal with China and have China whoop North kKorea's ass. China needs resources and North Korea most likely has at least some resources.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:07 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:10 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I have not read anything today but July 4th's taepong 2 missile failed 43 seconds after launch and yesterdays taepong 2 missile test also failed. Those are the only ones belived capeable of reaching us. I am not fancied about their short range missiles unless they were Canada or Mexico, they're close. But yeah, I think the dictator is just pist off that he is a midget compared to all other Asians around him. Also since he wants to be known as somenoe who is alive and in control I think too he should listen to the ones that are bigger and badder than him. I mean, like tcon said, does he not know what happened in 1945 when US demonstrated the A-bomb and only multiply that effect thousands of times over with today's bombs. That foo better recognize or else he'll get owned if one of his missiles does make it over here. Messed up thing is since I am in California, odds is their missiles if they get through would us first [:p]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:16 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

By the way, A navy guided missile destroyer ( USS Mustin ) with the navy's most advanced combat weapon system arrived in Japan today as tensions surrounding North Korea's missile tests remained high. It's equipped with missile tracking and engaging systems and has a crew of 300. It'll be permanently deployed at the navy's Yokosuka base in Tokyo Bay.
Paradox wrote:

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

yea he definately needs to realize he is love if he launches an armed nuke at someone. i mean, seriously, whatever country you are from, if you launch one nuke at the US or one of our allies, we will whip your country off the face of the earth. you shoot first, we'll blow you to hell (literally) second.

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

First of all, King Jong Il is just a psycho. He calls himself "Dear Leader" and believes the world started when his father came to power in North Korea. The guy is just a total nutcase, I don't think he even realizes what he's doing and what the US and the rest of the world will do to him if this testing continues. I just dare him to attack the US with a missile, we'll blow the thing up before it gets in the air, then drop a nuke and wipe out the whole damn country.

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:46 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

.. north korea, you mean that country that actually DOES have a nuke, and a way to deliver it to some of our most cherished allies?, not to mention a half century of human rights abuses .. hell no , they aren't muslims, they're communists.. that's soooooo cold war... get with it.. muslims are our enemies now, not commies.
o.k. done with snide humor i agree with you t.j.. it's like the guy who's all
"HELL YEAH, i dun got my truck lifted lookit me lookit me, listen to it's stereo.. thaat bugs you.. huh? well sheeeit, yer just jealous, i'll kick your ass see my knife(pulls out butterfly knife and does some sort of spinning trick with it)lookit me.. i'm a bad ass...." whe he's actually some guy who is still bitter about when that girl giggled his first time. north korea, could be the peice of cake they tried to tell us iraq would be , if we did it right. actually i like coasterkid's idea the best, having china dicipline n. korea, it's their kid. tell china "we'll close walmart and target if you don't do something about your dog" really i'd never thought of that.. in my estimation i think that he's just being a little bad ass, he knows he's regarded as the real deal, not a personal pet enemy of one nation, and knows that the rest of the world will clobber him like noone's ever been clobbered before if he oversteps his bounds. still. he's WAAAAAAY more dangerous , technicaly, to the rest of the world than saddam ever could've hoped to be, he really HAS "the bomb", but i highly doubt if they have a "plan A', let alone a "plan b" when it comes to using it. i think you'll be fine..
there are alot o reasons i can think of why coasterkids idea is a good one..
claims of korea's nuke are actually fact, if another "bad ass" decided to "preemptively strike" china will get PISSED and then everyone in that bad ass's country is screwed .. if the u.n. comes to an agreement of the same type, still, china's gonna be all" hey , no wait korea is OUR pet, not yours" and they'll be pissed , just not as much but kinda.. really sounds like a good idea to say to china... "show us you want to participate in the world community by taking care of that poop somehow... we aren't gonna tell you how (shut up bolton) but you show us that you can make this idiot cut it out and .... well that's the hard part.. i'm not sure what the rest of the world should say to china.. they're gonna be all "or what????" they know we won't turn a blind eye to their abuses of human rights and environmental crimes, ..............gasp... gasp.... o.k. out of braeth here.. monolouge cut short..
but coasterkid really, that's a good idea... did you honestly think of that un aided? even if not.. thats a great solution if it's possible.

Post July 8th, 2006, 5:57 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I got annoyed as hell when I read your post and I don't think I have a good idea anymore since someone who can't type in plain English liked the idea.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 8th, 2006, 6:10 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post July 9th, 2006, 3:06 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Hell, the guys smarter than we take him for. I mean, he obviously knows he's f*cked if we really want to attack him, so he's not doing this to overpower us. He just wants attention and recognition of his power, and we're playing right into that. I am willing to bet 100% that nothing will come of the missile testing except increased tension and continued threats. (After all there's no oil in N. Korea)
((Sorry I just had to add that [lol]))

Post July 9th, 2006, 3:34 am

hehe. yea, know that ive researched this a little more, and opened my powerpoint i made of him a year ago, hes only doing this for attention.

Post July 9th, 2006, 9:36 am

Points on hand: 2,125.00 Points

You honestly wanna know what I think? I think Bush needs to shut the hell up before he gets us all killed and he jumps on his pretty little rocket and flies off somewhere safe. Having North Korea threaten to test more missiles could lead to a worse war than the war in Iraq. North Korea has as many if not more missiles than us and they would put up one hell of a fight. So Mr. President... please shut the hell up... Or they'd just send in Chuck Norris to kill all the Koreans [:p]

Post July 9th, 2006, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Effing idiot. Get your facts straight before you say stupid sh*t CGS4L15. N. Korea has nowhere near as many missiles or nuclear warheads as we do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles_by_nation (Wiki link, I know, but oh well it gets the point across)
If you're going to show strong contempt for Bush, do it in a mature way please. Don't just say how much hate him because he is Bush, say why you hate him and give some logical reasoning/support. Then again, I doubt any John Cena fan could muster up an ounce of logic.
[;)]

Edit-Better link. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00729.html
http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/USA/

Post July 9th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

well being the most powerful country gets you a lot of jealous kids on the playground. instead of going in and taking over another country in the hopes of helping it, why don't we really help the countries that need it. all this money being spent on a never-ending war and there are so many other issues to be seen, including some right here. maybe if we really tried to be the good-guys, so many other countries wouldn't be hating us and threatening us with nuclear warfare. because if things keep on like they are, i know i'm getting the hell out of here...

Post July 9th, 2006, 1:12 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ there's nothing we can do in Iraq until they can hold thier country off themselves. Who knows how long that will be. But you got to remember that in rebuilding stage of war, its not just a "we won the war, now lets go home." YOu have to build the foundation so the building won't fall apart once you go onto the next house. Who knows how long that will last. But anyways once we're able to get out of Iraq, who knows if we'll continue to battle terrorism or if we'll do anything else. Terrorism is not like communism as they aren't a complex organization like the Soviet Union where you can have diplomatic discussions or ultimately compete with them in building Nukes until some ones economy collapsed. So who knows where time will take us. So long as the dollar's value doesn't keep on dropping, and I don't have to worry about being blown up on the way to work or school then everythings alright for me.

Post July 9th, 2006, 1:49 pm

oh, yea, another country that is our allies that has a shitload of nukes in russia....they have more than us, im pretty sure if north korea shot a nuke at someone we and them and any other country who has them would shoot one or two off their way....so basically, north korea has no chance in hell at winning any battle.

Post July 9th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,125.00 Points

Originally posted by e-man

Effing idiot. Get your facts straight before you say stupid sh*t CGS4L15. N. Korea has nowhere near as many missiles or nuclear warheads as we do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles_by_nation (Wiki link, I know, but oh well it gets the point across)
If you're going to show strong contempt for Bush, do it in a mature way please. Don't just say how much hate him because he is Bush, say why you hate him and give some logical reasoning/support. Then again, I doubt any John Cena fan could muster up an ounce of logic.
[;)]

I'm tired of being hated on for who I like and who I support. You just need to shut the duck up already. I don't give a ship if I'm banned from here. That'll just make matters worse. I have rights to support whoever the "h" "e" double hockey sticks I want. If I wanted to, I would support Bin trucking Laden

Post July 9th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Post July 9th, 2006, 2:36 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

^i'm not sure it's a good idea to pass judgement before all the facts are in.. BUT yeah, all evidence points in that direction... [lol]

Post July 9th, 2006, 2:58 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by ChainGangSoldier4Life15

Originally posted by e-man

[;)]

I'm tired of being hated on for who I like and who I support. You just need to shut the duck up already. I don't give a ship if I'm banned from here. That'll just make matters worse. I have rights to support whoever the "h" "e" double hockey sticks I want. If I wanted to, I would support Bin trucking Laden

Well when you want to support Bin Laden, you let me know, I have a few friends in suits that'd like to pay you a visit. Anyway I cannot be arsed to read all the replies I have missed [:)] So yeah, my boss if from North Korea and says the foo there is a totally [r] and hopes he does get something off the ground only for him to get his ass kicked and the North be freed.
Paradox wrote:

Post July 10th, 2006, 3:55 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
I think those North Koreans have been brainwashed by their crazy dictator and have no idea that (much of) the rest of the world is striving for peace, since they are force fed propaganda day and night. I'm sure that if he is taken out, someone worse will pop up in his place.

At first I thought it was funny when I found out that the missle test was an absolute disaster, but then I thought harder and wondered how close they are to having woking nukes. Maybe not so far away.

Oh, and by the way, I'm sure that because of their struggling econonomy, they wouldn't overlook the possibility of selling these weapons to terrorists or quasi-terrorist governments.

At the same time, who are we to tell other countries that they are not "allowed" to build nuclear weapons? Are we god? I don't think so. If we continue to build and maintain nukes, we are nothing more than hypocrites.....

By the way, bombing North Korea means at the very least nuclear fallout in many neighboring countries like South Korea, china and Japan...

Yuck. I hate politics!

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion