Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Kodiak (Round 4)

Kodiak (Round 4)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 11th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

As most of you will probably know, The finals of NL tournament is a GG woodie. This also happens to be the first woodie I ever made, so I'm quite new to this ride style. Still, I managed to put together what I think is at least a worthy track for submitting, Kodiak.

Screenshots

If you have any suggestions, particularly about the lateral bracing, please post them. It's not all completely finished yet, so there's still a few spots that need to be done. But if you do have any advice about them I'd be very greatful.
Last edited by Wing-Over on July 11th, 2006, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 11th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I'm not a great fan of woodies but it looks like a great job as always.
Personally I love lateral g forces...builders concentrate their work on them cause it's not possible to experiment inversions.
The first woody loop has been built just last year!

Post July 11th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

http://www.thegravitygroup.com/voyage/0 ... ges/20.htm

Use this picture and some others on www.thegravitygroup.com as reference images when making your lateral bracing. As long as you follow what you see on this picture when making your 90 degree turns, your lateral bracing should come out looking pretty well [:)] Looking good anyway man. But remember, this isnt a steel coaster. Your ride should be a bit more violent, and should feel really out of control, and also if you are using AHG heartline between 0.2 and 0.4! Or something like that. Buyt your ride looks good anyway [:)] I wanna see a wing over woodie, should be pretty interesting [:)] Good luck with round 4 man! Would be awesome if you could win [:D]

Post July 11th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Looks pretty good for your first woodie.

The ride looks nice for the most part, but I would have made the first drop a bit longer.

Hope you threw some 90* in there somewhere.

Oh, and I love that banked ejector hill: http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i15675

Post July 11th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Son of Beast

http://rcdb.com/ig584.htm?picture=14

;) lol

Wing-Over, I look forward to seeing your ride and I'm enjoying competing against you and the others. Keep it up.

Post July 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Thanks for the link jpe, that'll come in handy. I think it's fairly more out of control than some of my steel coasters. More so near the end of the ride, there's quite a few very sudden hills near the finale.
And hepta, there is a 90* banked turn, look carefully at the 1st twister section. [;)]

Post July 14th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Just posted a few more screenshots showing the new envo, a bit more custom supporting and the new 3ds tunnels.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i15819

The last 24 hours of this are going to be more of a cleanup than anything. There's not many major things left to do, just loads of nagging support and general 3ds issues. Hopefully I can fix them all in time.

Post July 23rd, 2006, 8:29 am

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
Well I'm guessing you submitted it to the contest by now, It looks like a really fun, really intense ride. And I gotta ask how do you make all of your rides so perfect? I mean they just flow so beautifully, and Im sure this ride will be no exception; whats your secret?

Post July 23rd, 2006, 8:42 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2006, 8:50 am

Post July 23rd, 2006, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
@ Jimmy: [bslap] lol, magic doesnt calculate! It just makes stuff go poof!

@ wing_over: Just those 2? Wow with as smooth & well-constructed rides as you have I thought you used everything but the kitchen sink. do you make your own formulas for elementary?

Post July 23rd, 2006, 10:00 am

Well, I use the purg to rotate the elements, and to do a few other things with them, but that's about it. I don't really make my own formulas, but I have made some quite useful modifications to some like the H:SAK.

Return to Hard Hat Area