Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Magic Mountain News

Magic Mountain News

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 18th, 2006, 10:00 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I'm giving X to SFDL, and no one is going to take it away from me.

Post July 18th, 2006, 10:16 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2006, 10:56 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2006, 12:52 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

what are the chances of this park really being sold? I mean it seems like SF would want to sell all their other parks before this one...

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:09 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Hope to christ Grim's right, I wanna get to that park at least once in my life! [lol]

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Not sure even Shapiro is stupid enough to sell such a money generating park. Look at all of the local tax concessions he is already getting as a perk to take it off the blocks to see his true motivation. SF wants a park in southern California, so there is little chance they will actually sell it IMO. If he does, it will spell the beginning of the end for him as it takes one of the most profitable properties off of his P&L statement. Seems like a long term loss just to generate some quick cash to pay down debt.

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Tanks4me

I'm giving X to SFDL, and no one is going to take it away from me.

Awesome!!!

And the rest to PCW[lol]

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:29 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
if this Shapiro has a brain, the only thing there will be sold from SFMM is flashback,

to the dump

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I've got a gut feeling that this was announced to test the waters so to speak . They obviously arn't pleased of the success of the park and they are pouring millions more into it every year than their other parks, why not sell it. They could just be hoping someone will buy it and get some money and if not they will be prepared to make the park better (ie everything but new rides)

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:42 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

B&M should buy it. It's practically a showcase of what the company can do.

its to bad it will only work on the topagraphy of the hill it was buit on. otherwise complications would arise like the station being 60 feet in the air, ect. So rides like tatsu and revelution will probably not be able to be saved.

Post July 18th, 2006, 4:19 pm
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
Revolution is a chuffing historic coaster. I don't know what they'll do with that, as it goes with the terrain of the mountain and stuff.

Look, I am just being an optimist, and saying, "They sold some land for money, and they'll be saved by Busch, and we get a much cleaner, better food-park."

Hmm, that sounds fantastic.

Post July 18th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Anyone know how the ques are at sfmm now? I'm going there monday, and I'm thinking about if one day is enough. I have one half day I could use too, but I think I rather want to use that at Knotts since it is a lot closer to the hotel and I realy want to try xcelerator.

btw: Going to mt olympus tomorrow[:D] Looking a lot forward to Hades and Avalance.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post July 20th, 2006, 11:07 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i dunno, i'm going day after tomorrow, so i'll let you know.. i'm guessing that the lines will be pretty long, everyone's talking about it getting shut down.

Post July 20th, 2006, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I think that whole thing was a sad but effective marketing ploy to get more people to go to the park so they can hopefully show improvements and make people want to return, and at the same time get benifits from the city like they'll likely be getting now.

Post July 20th, 2006, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

i dont know why people would think that...i mean, SOMEONE would have to buy the place, its such a moneymaker if you know how to run a freaking park. SF doesnt know how to. if they did, they wouldnt of had to shut down a single park.

Post July 20th, 2006, 11:21 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by dcs221

I think that whole thing was a sad but effective marketing ploy to get more people to go to the park so they can hopefully show improvements and make people want to return, and at the same time get benifits from the city like they'll likely be getting now.
exactly what i've been thinking. i don't know about benifits to the city.. but on a less optimistic note there is a really good reason for them to sell it... MONEY.

Post July 24th, 2006, 1:53 am

Points on hand: 175.00 Points

i would buy it but i only got like 6 bucks (im 12 years old) Ive been there like four times and every time i go, the have somtin new. And now there selling it. Ill be soo mad if it gets torn down. ( I luv Tatsu)

Post July 24th, 2006, 1:56 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah, but I don't think they ever intended to sell SFMM. I think they lied to make some more money now. Look at the difference between all the other parks on the list, and SFMM.

Post July 24th, 2006, 2:27 am

Post July 24th, 2006, 2:28 am

And it worked because im going sometime this summer (just in case)

Post July 24th, 2006, 3:10 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

I went to magic mountain yesterday. yeah, sure there's a new rollercoaster, but alot of the park looked like crap. goliath was not just closed, it looked abandoned. x, one of the parks star attractions, rode like it needed some serious mechanical attention. not once did i see a clean up guy, there was alot of trash. maybe it was the heat, but lots of the rides were making noises i've never heard before. bad ones. there were event staffers working that were not six flags emplyees, but employees of a company that staffs concerts, fairs and what not, acting as ushers in some of the lines.. they looked like roadies and bouncers. i dunno, it takes a lot more than painting the loop on revolution and building a "newer faster" rollercoaster to convince me that six flags gives a crap. but then again they can't remove it and put it somewhere else, so why the heck did they build it? it seemed very wierd there yesterday...

Post July 24th, 2006, 3:38 am

last time i went it was really busy and everything was open, but it is sort of a park that could use some help. It is always dirty and x is definitely doing really horrible. The only rides that are super great are like riddler, scream and tatsu. I agree, but for me its worth a trip.

Post July 24th, 2006, 4:20 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

what do you mean by 'X is doing horrible'?
It's a very fun ride... you just have to get there early... (I got to the park 1 hr before it opened, and it was fine... 30 min wait... when i got off it was 5 hours lmao)... There's been a few tech issues with it, but its a prototype... its to be expected... it did better than ttd lol...

Post July 24th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Yea, how is x doing horrible. It's running great, AND the lines have been shorter since Tatsu.

Post July 24th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
X is only running one train, and will be untill February... Thats not "Great" in my opinion

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion