Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Moving Down South : Hotel Avalon

Moving Down South : Hotel Avalon

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 16th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
A week tommorow, we are leaving the North, due to buying an 8 bedroomed hotel in Cornwall.
The hotel is situated in the town of Tintagel, King Arthurs place of birth, and death. The hotel has beautiful sea views and wonderful sun-sets.
The Hotels name, one of my mothers creations, Hotel Avalon, is somewhat self explanitary, Avalon being the place King Arthur was pushed out to see too at his death. Avalon translates simply to 'Island Paradise'.
The hotel at the moment, has eight en-suite bedrooms. Although the bathrooms are fitted, there is no furniture in the building as of yet. The Hotel has been fully re-gutted, has passed all fire regulation tests with merit, a commercial kitchen and every electrical aspect is brand new.
So all we have to do, is furnish and carpet the place.
We have ordered 8 17 inch LCD wall mounted tellies for the rooms.
There is a large car-park at the rear of the establishment, a vegetable garden, a patio and another large garden (probably for me to ruin playing football).
A website is under-construction and pictures will be uplaoded soon.

I am posting to help on the business, so if any overseas Slappers are in the South of England, please feel free to come to Hotel Avalon, were we will cater your every need,and yes there is a bar!!!(gazag).

I will post further updates as it goes along.

Post July 16th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Nice. Unfortunately I went to Cornwall last year (I'm an eighth Cornish [:)] ) , but if I ever do return I'll be sure to stay at your hotel, it sounds very nice. I've always contemplated owning a nice little B&B. I hope you enjoy your new purchase and wish you the best of business. [:)]

Post July 17th, 2006, 8:01 am

Exterior View, the previous name 'klymiarven' in the porch window.
Image Insert:
40.8 KB

View from end of Garden.
Image Insert:
116.39 KB

Post July 17th, 2006, 6:03 pm

The hotel is officially full carpeted, all the wall mounts for the TV's are in place. Room numbers are on doors. Not long now till we open fully, i shall look forward to it[:)].

Post July 18th, 2006, 6:22 pm

http://www.avalon-tintagel.co.uk/default.asp

Ok the website is up and running, although pictures arn't uploaded due to no furniture installed as of yet, more interior pictures coming soon!!!

Post July 18th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Call it 'Hotel Awesome' that will increase the people wanting to stay there by a projected 600%

Post July 18th, 2006, 6:29 pm

Post July 20th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

that's quite a beautiful little hotel. if i were to be in that area, which i'm sure someday i will, that looks to be a place i would stay. the view is amazing. good luck with furnishing it. tourists would absolutely LOVE to have vacation there.

Post July 21st, 2006, 6:41 pm

There is so many different nationalities in Tintagel, as King Arthur is know all over the world and his 13th century castle being right down the road from our place, so we're hoping to meet some wonderful people yes[:)].

Post July 24th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Ok, we're going for good tommorow. And i sit here, with a lump in my throath and think. "Will i actually miss the North". The constant bad weather, pies. And most of all. Bolton Wanderers Football Club.
But really, moving house is the most stressful thing a person can do. So i damn hope we adapt to our new lifestyle at the sea-side.
Missing BPB already[:(]. Lol[lol].

More pictures coming soon guys, see you in a week or two!
EcG

Post July 24th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I moved house when I was six, so I don't remember much. Good luck with it all, personaly I don't think the girls get any better looking the further down the country go, maybe you can hook up with some of the OAPs

Return to Off Topic Discussion