Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Avalanche (Working Title)

Avalanche (Working Title)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 31st, 2006, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I had an inspiration to build something based on Avalanche @ Timber Falls lately, so I did. Right now I'm naming it Avalanche just because.

It's short and sweet, just like the real ride, standing at about 67ft. (~20.5m). It will feature 2-3 in-ground sections and 3-4 underground tunnels. It has lots of big air sections and almost as many high lat sections. One of my design philosophies is to have a high capacity operation and to keep it simple. I'm going on the idea that this would be the kind of ride placed in a park without a big open space to work with for freely designing a ride. IE, it'd be a kinda "built-into-the-scenery" coaster, so theming will be pretty thorough.

Here are some early pics.

Btw, I'm not putting out a list of testers because I think its pretty cocky to be honest wingover*AHEM*[:p]

Post July 31st, 2006, 1:29 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I've been wanting to build a coaster like avalanche for ages now with one thing and another, I haven't used NL for quite a long time now, for shame, for shame. I will get back into it at some stage though, I have too! [lol] and when I do, I think something like this would make a good practise coaster, for me to get back into NL with.

As for this one, it's looking pretty good if I'm honest, I like the look of it [;)] I think I'll be one of the downloadees when you upload it [:)]

Post July 31st, 2006, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Looking good, short but sweet. Does that double down of sorts have decent air?

Post July 31st, 2006, 4:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yes, I'd like "Original Name" for $100 please Alex...

lol... looks good. I like it so far, I liked that you based it on the real ride, but yet it's not *too* similar in layout and elements. Doing that and keeping the ride very realistic - like something you'd really see in a park - should make this stand out. Hopefully trackwork is up to par, and it looks to be from screenies.

Post July 31st, 2006, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by bigboy_1234567

Looking good, short but sweet. Does that double down of sorts have decent air?

lol, double up, and yes it does have decent air, if I can recall, on the lower it gets upwards of -0.9, but the turn has a little positive floater at about 0.3.

One thing I wanna put out there about this ride. I know it doesn't look like much now, but once you ride it and see the final product, I think you're really gonna like it. Its just a fun, simple coaster.

Also, one thing I tend to do is start out with the general idea that a coaster will be like a *insert manufacturer here*, and it'll end up sticking mostly to that, but also having some other styles in it such as my own style or a bit of another manufacturer's style.

and,
Originally posted by dcs221

Yes, I'd like "Original Name" for $100 please Alex...

thats why I said "(Working Title)" after I put Avalanche smart ass [;)]

Post July 31st, 2006, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post August 11th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Looks good. I rode Avalanche a few weeks ago and it was awesome! So if this is anything near Avalanche it should be very good! Keep working [:)]
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Return to Hard Hat Area