Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Cedar Fair Parks Introduces....

Cedar Fair Parks Introduces....

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 4th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

My latest project:

Idlewood Theme Park

My latest project is Idlewood Themepark. It is a Cedar Fair park and it is time I showed it. Anyway I've been working on this park for the past week. It has gone thru lots of progress and it has fun stuff that you guys will hopefully enjoy. It has a realistic touch to it since thats what I like to do most of time.

P.S. Unamed SF park will be discontinued since it got deleted.

More pics:

Note: X Wings isn't fully so don't complain if it looks bare. The only thing finished is supports, a few bushes, and the station+queeve.

Post June 4th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Update 2-Part 1

This is part 1 of update 2. (Another update will come later in the day) In this update I included Bigfoot(Can anyone guess what kind of ride it is? There is a similar one in PGA and the name of the ride is related to a famous reality show)
A few other pics show the side games and 2 rides. One of which is new!

Stay tooned for next update

Post June 4th, 2006, 8:57 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
It looks awesome! I think that Bigfoot is an Intamin skateboard type coaster, right? I forget it's proper model name :P

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Stay tooned??? Been watching the disney channel a LITTLE bit to much lately?

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Post June 4th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Stay tooned??? Been watching the disney channel a LITTLE bit to much lately?

LOL I loathe Disney Channel. If you know Toontown Online its a multiplayer online game. Its very addictive as you can tell..I just said "tooned" LOL. Sometimes I end up spelling tune up toon up.

Post June 4th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post July 31st, 2006, 5:07 pm

Lmao I just noticed I posted this topin on this site also. Basically I forgot to update it here. You guys missed about 4 or 5 updates so I think I will post them here. I will put all the updates in one post so I don't have to double post.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'll be making one soon today (If I can!) Don't worry it hasn't been left alone!!

Edit: Woot thanks for waiting. Here is another update!
Update 2 Part 2!

Before I start off with this update I would like to apologize for the glitchyness of the coasters. I was on Zero Clearence and I didn't get the chance to revert to normal mode..

Anyway these screens show most of the layout of the coaster X wings. It gives you a aerial view of it also and an idea of how large this ride is. It soars around the park! (Well half of it)

You'll also be seeing a teaser of a accelerator!

I get mad of the fact that these screens are unfinished. I 100% guarantee that these screens will be much different from the finished product so don't think this is the final look.

Pre-update 3

Hey everyone, this is a pre-update. It includes only two teasers but it gives an idea of what's coming next. The first screen is Delusion. A Huss Frisbee. The second one is Maverick. I think you guys know what this ride is ;)

Enjoy!

The park is working its way up to finishing. I'd say it's 75% done from what I can see. I'm definately looking forward to the opening of this park. Anyway, here is the map of the park. (Well the overview) In red is the Intamin coaster which I will update soon! Very soon!

Update 3

In this update I will show one of my favorite rollercoaster in the park, Maverick. It's a Dive Machine obviously and it is one Hangtime packed ride. Anyway enough with the words, here are the pictures:

The train takes a quick pause by the Transfer track.
The train taking its way up the 105 foot lift. Image
As the train makes a turn it takes a 5 second pause. Until the guests get plunged 90 Degrees down into an awesome element.
The Dive Loop! The only element in this ride that provides the most hangtime!
After that it exits the Dive Loop going into a spiraling rise to a MCBR.
On this 2nd drop there is no pause so the guests get plunged right after taking a quick breather.
As the train spits out of the tunnel it goes thru a quick airtime hill. They then go through a G pulling turn!
Here the train creates 20 foot waves where guests can get wet.
As the train closes in to the station it goes thru another intense airtime hill.
A look at the station.

Well that's it. Oh also, here is a teaser of the coaster which will be showed next:

Pre Update 4

A week ago Cedar Fair LP collaborated with Intamin AG for a new coaster that could be added for the 2007 season. After the removal of Thrust Cedar Fair has decided to slide in one more coaster which will be a Wingwalker. The Wingwalker is a new coaster style. Taking the characteristics of a Rocket coaster and a Hyper coaster. This style of coaster has airtime, helixes, and twists. Because of the late addition to the park the ride has been chosen to be opened at the 2007 season along with the brand new expansion of the kiddy area.

Also, stats have been realeased:

Max speed:89 MPH
Elements:Barrel Roll, Helix, Several airtime hills.
Trains:7 cars/2 seats on opposite side of each car.
Tracks Style: Terrained

Cedar Fair has released two pictures that give a taste of the ride.

(Comments appreciated! I'm expecting alot since these are alot of updates =)

Post July 31st, 2006, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,184.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area