Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Point Halloweekends

Cedar Point Halloweekends

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 12th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Hey, I'm heading up to The Point Saturday the 7th of October from about 5pm till close and Sunday the 8th all day. We'll be staying at Hotel Breakers.

For those of you who regular Cedar Point, how crowded are these weekends? I noticed the Sunday I'm there, the hours are extended from 8pm till 10pm as if they are expecting a crowd.

When I visited on Memorial Day weekend, lines averaged around 30-45 minutes. Can I expect this on these days?

Post September 12th, 2006, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
chhh cedar point halloweekends...lame...just drive down a few more hours to the REAL halloweekends (busch gardens europe)

Post September 12th, 2006, 2:57 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ I think thats more then just a couple of hours isn't it? Seeing as how Cedar Point is at one of the northernmost points in Ohio, and BGE is all the way in Virginia. So thats got to be at least an extra 2 days - 3 days driving, maybe a little more or less.

As for crowds, just assume for the worst and hope for the best. It sounds like your going to go anyways, so it doesn't matter what those crowds are like, so your still going to have to stand in those lines anyways.

Post September 12th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Ohh yea, I'm going no matter what but it's kind of nice to know what to expect.

CoAsTeRkRazY, I'd rather have 16 coasters than 4. [;)]

Post September 12th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

hey im goin that weekend and staying in the breakers!! Il be the kid in the flourescent green sweater[:p] And i heard that theres barely any people around that time. I dont know if its true though

Post September 12th, 2006, 3:15 pm

coolbeans it only takes 16 hours to drive from maryland to florida...i dont think ohio to virginia will take 3 days...

Jimths...well next year there will be 5.

Post September 12th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I'm going THIS year.

Drive is of no concern, Cedar Point is just a waypoint to Cooperstown NY.

Post September 12th, 2006, 4:52 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

coolbeans it only takes 16 hours to drive from maryland to florida...i dont think ohio to virginia will take 3 days...

Jimths...well next year there will be 5.

bleh. I was thinking the distance between the 2 states was a lot longer then it actually is.

Post September 13th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

I went last year for Halloweekends, and was quite surprised with the crowds. They were incredible light for that time of the year. I think the longest I waited was 1 hr for MF. Jim, you're gonna have a great time, especially the bottom of MF first drop, tons of fog.

Post September 13th, 2006, 6:35 pm

bleh. I was thinking the distance between the 2 states was a lot longer then it actually is.

yea thats right.[^]

Post September 13th, 2006, 8:09 pm

Originally posted by bigboy_1234567

I went last year for Halloweekends, and was quite surprised with the crowds. They were incredible light for that time of the year. I think the longest I waited was 1 hr for MF. Jim, you're gonna have a great time, especially the bottom of MF first drop, tons of fog.

That's what I was used to last time I went. 1 hour for TTD and Millennium. TTD would've been 30-40 min but I always wanted to ride front row. [launch]

Post September 13th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Yea, at SFStl, Fright Fest is crowded. Where Boss is usually a 5 or 10 minute wait at most, it gets up to 30-45 minutes during the fall.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions