Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Plane Hits Condo in NYC - Yankee Pitcher Killed

Plane Hits Condo in NYC - Yankee Pitcher Killed

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15223650/

"NEW YORK - A small plane with New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle aboard crashed into a 50-story condominium tower Wednesday on Manhattan?????????s Upper East Side, killing two people and raining flaming debris on sidewalks, authorities said. Yankees????????? owner George M. Steinbrenner confirmed Lidle was one of the two dead."

Post October 11th, 2006, 5:26 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

It's now 4 confirmed dead.

Edit: Never mind they updated it. Last time I looked it said 4 confirmed dead.

Post October 11th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

jeez... you gotta wonder about that. I mean it was probly an accident, but still.

Post October 11th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
I know, i watch the news all day and they where showing that all day.. and by the way its the bel air condo building..

Post October 11th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,907.00 Points

now mayor bloomberg says 2 dead...not 4. But seriously this was NOT a terrorist attack. This was an accident (I don't want to believe this, but I think that it was drunk flying)

The weird thing was, he crashed into the side of the building that was facing the street. This is something i'll be pondering all through the night...or just until I see the video footage of the crash.

Post October 11th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

yea I guess you gotta be real about it, it was probly just a coincidence, but until I know who the pilot was, I'm not gonna assume anything

Post October 11th, 2006, 7:18 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

OK, I was probably wrong. But according to a eye witness, the plan had smoke coming out of it and was flying erratically, then hit the building.

Post October 11th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Based on the location he crashed at, I would say he lost altitude, quickly due to a mechanical issue. If he had cleared that building, he would have been able to drop it in the water -- it looks like a complete accident for sure.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post October 11th, 2006, 7:55 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

no way man.. it's a plot. there's definately something political going on here. it's a conspiracy.

Post October 11th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Post October 11th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

He was flying the plane, as he has had his flying liscense for 8 months. There was a flight instructor and a student (what I heard on ESPN) on the plane with him. Many reporters that have flown with him have said that he is a very talented pilot, and that they felt very safe. One even said he believes it was weather related, or there was a possible engine failure. No matter what hapenned, this is very sad news for everybody envolved.

Post October 11th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Based on the location he crashed at, I would say he lost altitude, quickly due to a mechanical issue. If he had cleared that building, he would have been able to drop it in the water -- it looks like a complete accident for sure.

Either mechanical or gusts coming off of all the buildings which can (and will!) be a nightmare for a pilot.

Of all plain crashes though, most are either pure pilot error or weather related.

Post October 11th, 2006, 10:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Small planes usually go down because the rich people have wine and assume wine gets you less drunk or not drunk at all.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 12th, 2006, 12:08 am
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
Also smaller planes can not endure the same turbulance that the much larger planes can. Larger planes can handles pretty bad weather, but very small jets can be torn apart.

Return to Off Topic Discussion