Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Senator McCain Picks Sarah Palin For VP

Senator McCain Picks Sarah Palin For VP

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 29th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Well this was a suprise to everyone. Little known Alaska governon Sarah Palin was picked by John McCain to be his vice president. It's a move no one saw coming and everyone thought it would be one of the male counterparts he was meeting with regularly. Does this mean that now Sarah Palin will steal the women votes away from Obama that were originally going for Hillary or is the same ol crap all over again?

Post August 29th, 2008, 1:26 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
^ I think its both. Palin looks to be good at what she did but perhaps not as good as it seems. She is a the center of a corruption investigation for something. However, she is a family woman and if MaCane's health goes south she could be the first female president.

However, she is younger the Obama. MaCane ripped Obama for being to young. This VP choice make no seance if you figure that all in. I guess its just an act. Only time will tell how this help/hurts the MaCane camp.

Post August 29th, 2008, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2008, 3:25 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Way to pick someone who has about the same credentials are Obama while bashing said credentials.

The decade old illogical republican machine is still going.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 29th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,274.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2008, 7:40 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Way to pick someone who has about the same credentials are Obama while bashing said credentials.

not really, obama is a thinly (or not at all) disguised communist whose foreign policy will be to kiss the asses of those who wish to destroy us, all the while pandering to the lowest common denominators of our society, at the expense of those who actually succeed.. in other words he's like one of those smug conceited professional students that hope to sti;; have a free ride after their parents cant claim them on their taxes and insurance anymore without really caring that their attitude of " i want the government to provide for me" is anti american
she isn't.....

Post August 29th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by Canadmos

milf?

that's why he'll get a lot of votes, they want to see her more [lol] have you seen her daughter? wowzah.

edit - http://web.me.com/dnksr/vpilf.com/SARAH ... lin_02.jpg

(two taller daugters, for the extremely young/pedo members, the shorter one)

Post August 29th, 2008, 9:53 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post August 29th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Her credentials are far greater than Obama's. She's the governor of a state. She rose up herself in the political world, no influences or family-political-history. And she's not corrupt.

All Obama has done is be a senator. Maybe he was the "leader" of some south-Chicago group thingy. Nothing like leading a nation.

Research before you bash an excellent choice.

Post August 29th, 2008, 10:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

My vote was decided last night after the DNC was over.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post August 30th, 2008, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
It's certainly and unexpected and strange move. As I see it it can either benefit McCain greatly, giving his campaign something it has been lacking, or it can be a disaster, killing many of the arguments he has been using against Obama. This is looking out to be a very interesting election!
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post September 4th, 2008, 5:10 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

[/quote]
have you seen her daughter? wowzah.

[/quote]
yeah, and apparently she puts out...

Post September 4th, 2008, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

...obama is a thinly (or not at all) disguised communist whose foreign policy will be to kiss the asses of those who wish to destroy us...

Post September 4th, 2008, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

have you seen her daughter? wowzah.

yeah, and apparently she puts out...

Not that that is a bad thing, right?

Post September 4th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I think Palin is not experienced enough. Her speech this week was a little too pushy and overpowering. She also seems like a whore, having a baby in the same year as your daughter?

Post September 4th, 2008, 9:58 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

dude, if having a baby makes one a whore you just said something nasty about everyone's mom....

Post September 5th, 2008, 12:40 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by SFMM homie

I think Palin is not experienced enough. Her speech this week was a little too pushy and overpowering. She also seems like a whore, having a baby in the same year as your daughter?

Aren't you Catholic?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 6th, 2008, 4:30 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

After reading the articles about her in the past week, I decided she is too self righteous for my tastes. I hope she doesn't say all of her political decisions are an act of God or something. Im not sure where I stand on her pro-life idealologies either. Yes, I do believe she is intitled to have that opinion, though I dont think that it's her decision to tell other people whether or not its a morally right decisions. She's pushy on the topic. Its kind of a grey area and i feel people have to make up their own minds about what is wrong and what is right, imo.

All in all, it was a really good move for McCain's campain. If nothing more, its definately thrown his candicy into the spot light more then it was previously. I guess the media find the Republicans much more interesting. All a sudden...

Really though, I really hope the main focus shifts back to economy. I'll reiterate my opinion of people having to make their own moral codes and keep to it

Post September 6th, 2008, 9:52 am

Well, I am sure this will come as a complete surprise to some, but my vote has been decided for Barack Obama for the 2008 election. As a steady Republican for ALL of my adult life, I just do not see where the party is taking us anymore except further and further into the ground .... and into debt.

After the DNC I made my decision to vote for Obama. He is the ONLY candidate who has said ANYTHING about the middle class. As much as I like to think (my spirit) is upper class, my checkbook completely disagrees. Obama is the only one who has mentioned helping us out, in any type of manner. Besides, after what the last 8 years have done to my family and our interests (financial, spiritual, etc.), I have to voice my opinion for some kind of change ........... immediately.

Regardless of what some may say, if you look at the price of oil today, compounded with our TOTAL dependancy on it, and then consider the plan of the Republicans to change nothing, compounded by the constant barage of need from the global community ... I have to seek out change for my family's sake.

Consider the Vice Presidential choice of McCain .... she wants to drill for oil in her home state and McCain is totally against it. I mean, can't they even agree on the simple fact that we are too dependant on foreign oil these days? Well, I guess not ...

Joe Biden, in my opinion, is a man of his word and he sold me completely after his speech. One of the best quotes he offered during his speech was, "Folks, remember when the world used to trust us? Remember when the world used to look to us for leadership?" In a word, brilliant. I think he is a good balance to Obama that will truly help to keep him in check and ensure that nothing crazy happens. Consider if Bill Clinton had a VP who kept him in check (Al Gore was too busy with his own interests in publishing a documentary) ... do you think Monica would have gotten as close as she did? No way.

Vote for a candidate that you can hold accountable.

Vote for change you desperately need, America.

Vote, for Barack Obama.

That is all.

Post September 6th, 2008, 3:49 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

grape or cherry?i hear grape flavor seems to cover up the taste of cyanide rather well.. [confused]

Post September 6th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Cherry actually ... Jim says he has your cup ready as well, Jay. [lol]

Post September 6th, 2008, 4:02 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post September 6th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Well, I am sure this will come as a complete surprise to some, but my vote has been decided for Barack Obama for the 2008 election. As a steady Republican for ALL of my adult life, I just do not see where the party is taking us anymore except further and further into the ground .... and into debt.

After the DNC I made my decision to vote for Obama. He is the ONLY candidate who has said ANYTHING about the middle class. As much as I like to think (my spirit) is upper class, my checkbook completely disagrees. Obama is the only one who has mentioned helping us out, in any type of manner. Besides, after what the last 8 years have done to my family and our interests (financial, spiritual, etc.), I have to voice my opinion for some kind of change ........... immediately.

Regardless of what some may say, if you look at the price of oil today, compounded with our TOTAL dependancy on it, and then consider the plan of the Republicans to change nothing, compounded by the constant barage of need from the global community ... I have to seek out change for my family's sake.

Consider the Vice Presidential choice of McCain .... she wants to drill for oil in her home state and McCain is totally against it. I mean, can't they even agree on the simple fact that we are too dependant on foreign oil these days? Well, I guess not ...

Joe Biden, in my opinion, is a man of his word and he sold me completely after his speech. One of the best quotes he offered during his speech was, "Folks, remember when the world used to trust us? Remember when the world used to look to us for leadership?" In a word, brilliant. I think he is a good balance to Obama that will truly help to keep him in check and ensure that nothing crazy happens. Consider if Bill Clinton had a VP who kept him in check (Al Gore was too busy with his own interests in publishing a documentary) ... do you think Monica would have gotten as close as she did? No way.

Vote for a candidate that you can hold accountable.

Vote for change you desperately need, America.

Vote, for Barack Obama.

That is all.

Respect points foar yew.

Post September 9th, 2008, 5:23 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

As some of you know, I recently visited America and all I can say, is that the American way of doing politics is a huge load of bullsh*t and chips.

Watching on the news and seeing people around new york and at Great Adventure, the whole thing is really stupid. It's perhaps just because it seemed alien to me, but the whole thing was just a slander battle between the two camps. It seemed to be more about who had the nicest children, who'd had the worst experience in the army, who had the biggest penis, who had the nicest face etc... more than it was about who actually might help the country the most.

AND the only way that I can best describe the way they stand in front of a huge room full of people with an American flag waving behind them, just saying what they know is going to make everyone cheer the most... is "The Nuremburg Rallys". It really reminded me of Nazi Germany, and that's not an exageration either. I was actually slightly fearful of the way the whole thing is conducted in America, like, genuinely anyone could become president, aslong as they'd had a bad experience in the army, were of an ethnic minority and not a female.

I don't pay much attention to politics here because I feel like it's above me, but in America I didn't pay much attentin to it, because it felt way below me, like some neanderthal gathering of cheering, hooting and arm waving.

Really really poor show guys, seriously.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion