Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions history and development of the modern woodies

history and development of the modern woodies

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 28th, 2006, 5:31 am

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

Ive got it. Wow. It wiked. Loads of pages of just ROLLER COASTERS!! And even the Voyage and El Toro! Great book Pad! Thanks a bunch for sending it to me!

Post October 28th, 2006, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 2,184.00 Points

Post October 28th, 2006, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I can't remember too many right now, but I've heard some poeple mentioning that CCI used a lotf of cheap materials when building their coasters, compared to for instance GCI whos coasters come with a 5 year trackwork garranty[:)] But Medusa is definiatly one of them, alogn with maybe Villain. I think the complaints on villain is manily about the trains.

I rode my first CCI's this summer. I got to try the three at mt. Olympus and Ghostrider, and I wasn't very impressed. Zeus was ok, although it felt like it used more energy on rattling than actually moving forward. Cyclops and Pegasus was ok, but nothing that stands out. I thought Ghostrider was horrible, and that comes from someone that like most kinds of coasters. It was shaking realy bad, and the airtime was totally lacking. The lay-out could have been cool, had it only been a bit faster, and smoother. Towards the end I was more looking forward to getting of than having another ride. The lack of airtime was generally a complaint on all the CCI's I rode, and even though hades was a bit bether in that compartment the airtime still diseapointed me. That might of course have something with balder and Thundercoaster being my refferences on airtime[;)]

Avalanche at another note was an excellent coaster that immidiatly got a second place on my woodies list. Amazing pacing, and I got three rides in a row without leaving the train[:)] it doesn't get much bether than that.

Edit: I'm going to Paris again next year, so hopefully I will get a few rides on Tonnerre de Zeus then. Maybe it will change my view on CCI.

Originally posted by Pad

Ah, I hate typos! Glad to learn more about CCI though.[:)] What bad maintained CCIs do you know? Medusa, maybe Ghostrider (one train only, as off TJ's review) come into my mind, but what others?

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed it!

Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post October 29th, 2006, 3:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

That might of course have something with balder and Thundercoaster being my refferences on airtime

Yea, probably...

Post October 29th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Now that's interesting, Nosferatu... I can go with Pegasus, Ghostrider, maybe Zeus, from what I've heard - but Cyclops? That 70 feet drop? *glp* And Hades... I can't tell, though.
Having ridden Colossos (which, at least on the two first hills, seems to offer just as powerful airtime as Balder), I still though Tonnerre's airtime was just great, especially on the first drop of course. It is true though that the laterals were way more insane.

Garret, I'll send it to you tomorrow. Wrong machine right now, sorry.

Post October 29th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

very good report pad, nothing new to me but makes good reading and a good reliable sorce of information, thankyou
Making screams come true

Post October 30th, 2006, 2:01 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

^wow, if you knew all of this already, I'm really glad you didn't find something wrong with it! [^]

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions