Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion John "The Mouth" Kerry

John "The Mouth" Kerry

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 31st, 2006, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Sigh ... proving again why he would have been a lousy President. Regardless of his clarification, it is my belief that he spoke what was in his heart and it is obvious that his mouth is not connected to his brain. Thank you America for not voting this idiot as MY Commander in Chief.

Kerry's comment: "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up in Iraq."

It was taken to mean that troops serving aren't smart, they are intellectually lazy and I for one (as one of those troops) was pissed. I was proud to see several in both parties completely lay into this guy.

Could you imagine running for re-election this year in the Senate and you have been associated as being a good friend of this idiot? Regardless of his clarification that he was supposed to say: "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

(He was trying to take a plug at Bush) -- Either way, this guy is an ass. I'm sorry, but as an active duty member the mere thought of this guy having any type of leadership in this government is frightening. He says he supports the troops, he fights for them and their benefits, etc. Folks, that is a lie. Let us remember that he voted "NO" to increasing the budget to get our troops better body armor ... gosh, I really hate this man.

Funny thing though, a comment was later released that said: "He has already cost us one election. The guy just needs to keep his mouth shut until after the election," (a top Democratic strategist said Tuesday.)

Too bad that person did have the scrotum to give his name.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Sources:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/31/ ... index.html
http://www.factcheck.org/article155.html
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post October 31st, 2006, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I'm just glad that the USA isn'[t represented by a large chin fellow.

Post October 31st, 2006, 11:21 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Well, this was word vomit at its finest. I don't think he meant to completely insult the troops, seeing as he was one himself. It came out horribly wrong, that's for sure. I'm not buying the "plug at Bush" thing, though. That was an absolutely pathetic attempt to cover his ass. Whether he meant to say it that way or not, what was said was an embarassment for the Democratic party, and I regret the fact that he was our presidential nominee 2 years ago.

Post November 1st, 2006, 12:53 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
WEll, considering during his election campaign we saw time and time again how hes a decorated Vietnam War Veteran, what does that say for himself?

Whether or not it was an accident or not, I have to agree (or lean) to the side of, a set of comments like this, they were not written up. They were said either in haste, or, just without script.

In either case, most of the time those are from the heart and its what you truely feel. Sadly to say, thats ridiculous.

I LOVE Self Ownage. At its best.

Post November 1st, 2006, 5:49 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I can't believe how a politician could say something like that. Its obious he couldn't have thought it through before he said that. Hopefully the democrats will get a bether Presidental candidate in the 2008 election. And I realy hope this doesn't affect the congress election too much, although the republicans are propably gonna use it for everything its worth.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post November 1st, 2006, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea. Though, had either party said this the other would be milking it for every last ounce. But what ya gonna do? I think politics spends more time trying to find dirt on each other than it does actually doing real work.

Post November 1st, 2006, 11:00 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The fact that people even listen to these kind of people in the first place is beyond. The goverment and politics in general is just an embarresment, espiecaly in America

Post November 1st, 2006, 12:24 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The election was turd sandwich vs. giant douche.

Right now I honestly can't tell who is more of an ass between him and Bush. Bush is more dumb than an ass though. Oh well.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 1st, 2006, 2:44 pm

And now, it seems like he is really not getting the welcome mat to help campaign for anyone (not shocking though as I would hate to be associated with him 6 days before an election).

Here is the humor though: He is complaining that the "spin" on his comment is just like the "swift boat" spin all over again. Let us again remind the idiot from MA - that he claimed to be something he was not in Vietnam, and the actual living survivors of those swift boat missions called him a liar, held him accountable, and owned him a few years ago as well.

Heh ... moron -- definetely self-ownage.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/01/ ... index.html

Post November 1st, 2006, 3:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

The election was turd sandwich vs. giant douche.

[lol], nice South Park referance.

Post November 1st, 2006, 5:12 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

The fact that people even listen to these kind of people in the first place is beyond. The goverment and politics in general is just an embarresment, espiecaly in America

no kidding

Post November 1st, 2006, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I don't see what this has to do with the upcoming election at all. If you were planning on voting Democrat for your local congress or senate seat, would you really change your mind based on something that a Democrat senator from another state accidentally said? I'm 17 so I can't vote this year, but I can't see how this would affect who I was voting for, even if it wasn't a very smart thing for Kerry to say.

Post November 1st, 2006, 8:22 pm

Hmmmmm, good point. However, the message is this: As the 2004 Democratic Presidential candidate, he had the support of the entire party - AND - was considered to be the #1 voice of the Democratic party. Now, 2 years later, he cannot keep his mouth shut and because of him being considered the #1 voice before, his mouth is going to hurt his party, collectively. Personally? I think that this is the beginning of the end of his political career.

Post November 1st, 2006, 9:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

I agree it's the beginning of the end of his career. He's been getting worse and worse since his loss in the election and it seems like hes making outrageous/outlandish statements just to get political attention. I still think he would have been a better pres then Bush, but Coaster's post basically summed that whole deal up. (Thank you South Park) Maybe he just felt the need to make up for all the desperate negative ad campaings of the Republicans. [:P]

Post November 1st, 2006, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post November 1st, 2006, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post November 1st, 2006, 11:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah, I don't know too much about Kerry though so that's why I didn't comment on him.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

tcon, atleast he spoke complete and fluent sentences, unlike our current president.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 1:02 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Thus Bush sayeth: "Fool me once, shame on.... you..... fool me twice.......... well, if you fool me you can't fool me again". Classic! [lol]

Post November 2nd, 2006, 2:06 am

I get that ragan ... however, it is obvious that his mouth or feelings in his heart are both not connected to his brain.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 11:41 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I say he is just an idiot.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 2nd, 2006, 4:16 pm

Well, there is that too ... [lol]

Post November 2nd, 2006, 5:50 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post November 2nd, 2006, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

First off, for anyone to think that this was a slam at the troops and not Bush is a blunder in itself. And I am sure all you armchair historians are aware of how UNAWARE Mr Bush was of Iraq, its' various peoples, and their distinctly different religious beliefs, the fact that his own intelligence agencies had found no evidence of WMD's, nor any participation of Iraq in the 9-11 attacts. Maybe he was too dependent on his advisers, that would
make him inept at best, not a desirable trait for the Commander in Chief. If he actually was aware of these facts, impeachment is the answer, if not tried before the world court for war crimes. I think 600,000 plus dead in a war of "oops, we had bad intelligence" must qualify as genocide. Imagine if Iran had initiated this, the rhetoric would be deafening.

Also, judging by your own credentials a CiC should have, how can you serve with any dignity under the AWOL, war avoiding Bush, and the draft dodging (5 deferments during Vietnam) Chenney. Not to mention the inability for Bush to speak coherently at all. I will not even get into the service record of Rove.

The truth is this country, via its' service men and women, has been committed to what is without doubt a war of choice, initiated for political gain, financial reward, and religious belief.

Kerry voted against more funding of this war. That's how Vietnam ended, congress pulled the plug on money. Period. If the troops didn't have armour, it's because they were sent in that way, and as Rumsey said, that's the way it is. Did you bitch at him? Last time I checked he was still SoD.

Maybe as a service member (active?) you feel you've been had. You should. I only hope history is kinder to you than to others who have been part of similar genocidal blunders.

And as a last thought on saying what's "in your heart", just last night Mr Bush was still connecting 9-11 to Iraq. Impeachment would be too kind.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 9:00 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

[approve]very well said..as an ex-service member i am in no way in the least offended by what kerry said.. no matter how it's interpreted. however it WAS a stupid thing to say, if not for any other reason than the timing and he should have known it would be used to try to incriminate him...

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion