Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports knott's 310ct2006

knott's 310ct2006

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 2nd, 2006, 12:36 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

last night i had the privelege of joining weewee"the man" slap , his nephew , and coolbeans for a night at knott'd berry farm's halloween haunt. haunt is very near and dear to my heart, as is knott's. i grew up in the shadow of the sky tower, but the added bonus of some of the best rollercoasters in southern california made it even better.
i left my house in spring valley at about 1, which got me to buena park at about 3 or so. as i drove down lapalma i was just blown away by how knott's looks these days..huge rollercoasters towering above the knott's i remember, it's downnright mind numbing.
i parked my car and wandered over to the independence hall replica that walter knott built in 1967... it's still the same, but that stupid waterpark kinda blocks the veiw of it from the street. after checking that out i wandered around the marketplace plaza and had a refreshing beverage at tgifridays.mmmmm.
at 5 i met up with slap and coolbeans , (well technically it was more like 530 [:D] )we ate some really good burgers at fatburger, and headed back, to knot's.
even though it was only like 630 they searched us thoroughly and let us in.. we thought that the rides were only open for vips, but lo and behold GHOSTRIDER was open to the general public, we practically walked on... i could care less what coasters we rode after that, ghostrider fails to dissapoint me, and i walk away dazed and happy everytime..

after that we checked out a couple of mazes, which, like coolbeans pointed out were in the outside areas of the park, so good views of ghostrider were to be had, albeit dark ones.. these mazes at knott's are all just amazing, the 3d effects are great and the props were good.. now the bad news... it seemed like ALOT of the monster people tok the night off.. you could see how much potential those mazes had.. but they did get their scares in, and startled the bejeezus out of me on several occasions...

usually the log ride is just PImped full of monsters during haunt, so we checked that out next..lots of fog, but not as many monsters... still, knott's has one of the best log rides in the world and is not to be missed. and the halloween theming is really good.
we walked over to accelerator, and since the line was short we gave it a spin... not only was the line short it wasn't long either, .. any one who's been before they fixed some probems will know what i'm talking about... great ride, short and to the point. , but great nonetheless.

next were more mazes, i love these things, too bad there weren't as many characters wandering around, but the lost vegas maze and ESPECIALY the chainsaw ,axe murder mansion were really really good.infact i give all but one of the mazes an A+ with the exception of the laser tag maze, which get's a B... the scare zones were o.k. too, but there was only one chainsaw dude the whole night.

we saw the dead idol show, where dead celebrities put on a show.. i got to be in the show which was fun because as a kid we went to see all kinds of stuff on school feild trips on that stage.. i also got a backside , um, i mean, back stage veiw of the dancing chicks, i mean show..the paula abdul jokes were hilarious imo.

after that we watched the hanging, and coolbeans already described that in his report.. it WAS funny, but kinda crass there seemed to be a "knott's really bad taste farm" theme going on the whole time, but this show took the cake.

after that we hit the mine train... usually this is like the highlight of halloween haunt.. this time it was more like the "calico blacklight tube mine" that giant spider had me bursting out in laughter...

we walked to montezoomas revenge, the only place in southern california where one can go upside down without otsrs .. we rode twice, once in back, and once in front. yep.. best loop in southern california, beating rev's by a sight.. and backwards too..

we checked out silver bullet, which ran a little different than it did the last time i rode it.. it was brand new when i rode it last,and as smooth as warm butter. i stillthink it's pretty smooth, and MAN i love that zerog roll, plus it was the first time i ever rode it at night, and i found it very disorienting.

by midnight we'd done everything there was to do, so we went back to ghostrider before they closed the que, i dunno what it is about that ride but it ALWAYS does the trick, yeah, it's not as smooth as it was when it was brand new, but for me that adds to the sensation...i'm glad i got to ride twice...

well that was it.. we went back to our cars and and headed home, i had a two hour dive , and the 5 was literaly swarming with drunks, so i took it easy and didn't get to bed till about 330. i got to leave work early today and take a long nap, and i'm still worn out..
it was 100 percent woth it knott's is a really nice park for what it is,yeah, it's lost LOT of it's charm, but they've turned it into quite a good amusement park..

and if you ever get a chance to meet weeweeslap on one of these meets,don't miss it. hanging out last night with him and coolbeans was one of the highlights of the year. good company at a park, and all around nice folks.. thanks guys i had a blast!!!!!!
Last edited by jayman on November 2nd, 2006, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 2:10 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Good TR jay! I agree, hanging out with Slap is a lot of fun, and of course you get a better perspective of his sense of humor that here on the site you can honestly tell when he has "had it". [lol] Ghostrider at night .... I knew I should have hung around and tried to catch CB before I headed back to Edwards last year -- next time though fellas.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 4:52 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 2nd, 2006, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

sounds like the hippie had a blast without having to resort to a bong[:D]. the american haunts are so much better than the brittish ones but our parks are just starting to realise the importance of all hallows eve and are starting to make an effort. still com to good old england and the UK coaster crew will show you the time of your life
Making screams come true

Post November 2nd, 2006, 5:38 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

[lol] He looks like a hippie but isn't one, cool fellow [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 2nd, 2006, 5:53 pm

im pretty shure he knows i kidd mr slap. i dont truly belive he is a hippie but its all for comerdy value.
Making screams come true

Post November 2nd, 2006, 7:53 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 2nd, 2006, 7:57 pm

ummm, naaaaaaaaa. hippie[lol]
Making screams come true

Post November 2nd, 2006, 10:02 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

oh.. and the best part.. it was the first time i ever got to go to a park with fellow "enthusiasts" i didn't have to go into long explainations about why the back seat is the best, in fact there wasn't a reason to... it was just "understood" like a non issue.. .. also thank you SOOOOO much for not talking me into riding boomerang.. [lol][lol] my back says thank you too...

Post November 2nd, 2006, 11:44 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

i found the photos..i hope weeweeslap doesn't mind http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/photo_a ... &cid=14992
i found that they don't work in firefox, but work just fine in explorer..

Post November 3rd, 2006, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

*Glances at pics*

Nice to see Oscar finally found himself a girl .... [lol]
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post November 3rd, 2006, 4:10 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

[lol] what the?
Paradox wrote:

Post November 3rd, 2006, 5:22 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

ok all pictures are up
View Them Here
Not FireFox Friendly, Use IE, The Best IMO.
Paradox wrote:

Post November 3rd, 2006, 6:13 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports