Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Vista Released

Vista Released

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 30th, 2007, 9:05 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I'm sure all of you have read this information somewhere so I don't really feel like linking to it, but wanted to know your guys opinion on it. Personally I think they released it too early. I mean sure its taken Microsoft awhile to get it out on the market, but if the software isn't 100% ready for release then there's no reason that it should be released, not to mention there's next to no software that currently supports it.

So I'll probably wait a year until I make the upgrade. I'll also probably want to make sure my system is ready for the next gen OS.
Last edited by coolbeans326 on January 30th, 2007, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 30th, 2007, 9:14 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post January 30th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

The next time I get a comp it'll be a Mac, and I'll probly "get" a copy of vista to play games on (given that DX10 is actually worth it and there are cheaper gpu's with it). Reason for getting Mac is that it's just a better product for the money. OS X is brilliant; I've used it on many occasions and I just don't think there's a better OS out there right now for someone like me (knows more than the average person but doesn't get Linux[xx(]). In terms of hardware, I like having my own system built my own way, but I'm going to college in a few years and I won't have the time or money to fix a computer constantly.

Post January 30th, 2007, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Not sure where this thread talks about buying a new computer .... but in relation to Vista, it's crap. I've been playing with it for about 3 months at work (we are one of the Beta Testers for Windoze (government reps) ...) It has so many bugs right now, I would really recommend you wait for AT LEAST the first Service Pack to come out. But then again, what do I know.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post January 31st, 2007, 12:43 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post January 31st, 2007, 3:12 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Like all new Windows OS upgrades there really isn't much reason to upgrade aside from them eventually forcing you to upgrade. Its going to be months before Vista really starts to hit a stride.

Performance gains are negligible and theres not a whole lot more you can do with Vista performance wise that Windows XP and Xp 64 bit edition can't do just as well.

Dx10 is a novelty for the moment. NOTHING takes advantage of its awesome power. Luckily many "Games for WIndows" that have been released or are being released will probably receive DX10 patches. (Flight Sim X [well duh] and Supreme Commander both are)

So I guess the morel of my post is. WAIT!!!!! Don't get suckered in.

Post January 31st, 2007, 7:36 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
I'll be getting my new Pc (with an 8800 and dual core processor!!)and it comes with a free upgrade to Vista. I'm going to bite the bullet and be one of the people that gives out all the juicy hate/love for it because I plan on using it...a lot with supreme commander and Crysis (which is due out within 4-6 months.

Return to Off Topic Discussion