Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What is your favorite sport type?

What is your favorite sport type?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 6th, 2007, 6:58 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
you can all guess once... [:D]

Correct! DDR/ITG! [:D][lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 6th, 2007, 9:12 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

hey i respect golf.. BUT i'd call it more of a recreational activity.. sports to me is something that involves homophobic men running around in tight pants jumping on each other to prove how straght they are .. like football...or something on t.v. that turns up the volume of my neighbors to the point where i wish i could just push a button and shut them off...

Post March 6th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post March 6th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

E-Man - you cant compare team sports to singular sports. At least in team sports you have backup if you get tired or theres breaks in the game. Golf has no breaks, except between shots. And for most people, the longer the break, the worse it is because theres a particular rythm to it.

All in all, Golf should be compared to singular sports - not team sports. Its way, way too different.

Well I meant to put tennis but didnt. [:p] Honestly though, there's no comparison between golf and any other sport. It requires you to be much less in shape, isnt nearly as physically demanding, and requires a somewhat different skillset too. Id compare golf more to things like ping-pong and pool than to tennis, basketball, soccer, etc.

Post March 6th, 2007, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
OH, i forgot, my 2 absolute favorite sports are airsoft and paintball, but snowbaording is rele fun, same with skateboarding. I've always wanted to try jai alai. Just out of curiosity, who here knows what jai alai is?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post March 6th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Only a human would consider shooting its counterpart a sport. [:P]

Post March 6th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

well, i didn't know that paintball was considered a sport, but its by far my favourite! Tops snowboarding for sure! But then snowboarding is my second fav, and yeah, it's great too

Post March 7th, 2007, 12:42 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Rotting old fat people can play golf, thus it doesn't take much effort. If you want to walk around in hot weather carrying something heavy, try camping with a ton of supplies or hiking.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 7th, 2007, 12:58 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^Actually, Hiking would also be a sport.

I highly doubt a rotting old fat person could play golf. They could play putt-putt (what I would call Golf with a cart) but not Golf. As I said, theres nothing I can say because most Golf bashers have never played a proper round of golf in their lives. Just the watered down crappy version played from a cart.

Originally posted by e-manIt requires you to be much less in shape, isnt nearly as physically demanding, and requires a somewhat different skillset too. Id compare golf more to things like ping-pong and pool than to tennis, basketball, soccer, etc.

Partially true. Look at most of the top players in each division of Golf. Aside from the European Tour which is made up of a bunch of fat blokes (ala Montgomery to name one) most of the top players are in very, very good shape. Both #1 players from mens and womens are in GREAT shape. Sure you dont have to be, but its a clear advantage.

I could say the same for any other sport. Its just the more in shape you are, typically, the better off you will be.

Post March 7th, 2007, 3:35 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I like the manly sport of mini golf
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post March 7th, 2007, 12:49 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I like skiing and tennis. Something for the winter and somethig for the summer.[:D]

Post March 7th, 2007, 2:23 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I wish I could rename a sport at my own leisure like Real does.

Post March 7th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Originally posted by e-man
Well I meant to put tennis but didnt. [:p] Honestly though, there's no comparison between golf and any other sport. It requires you to be much less in shape, isnt nearly as physically demanding, and requires a somewhat different skillset too. Id compare golf more to things like ping-pong and pool than to tennis, basketball, soccer, etc.

what are you talking about?!?!?! you can't be a good golfer and be in such bad shape that you can't even run for 1 minute. Look at tiger woods. He is probably in better shape than half of all proffessianal atheletes. Almost all pro golfers are in great physical shape.(when i say almost, i mean everyone except john daly)
and you have to be to play any sport and be any good at it.

never offend a golfer about how it's not physicaly demanding.ever. because it is. Have you ever played and walked 18 holes and not broken a swett, and not gone home and been sore??? Get my Point??

Post March 7th, 2007, 4:36 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by asaaa

OH, i forgot, my 2 absolute favorite sports are airsoft and paintball, but snowbaording is rele fun, same with skateboarding. I've always wanted to try jai alai. Just out of curiosity, who here knows what jai alai is?
jai lai is the worlds fastest sport, and one of the most dangerous... amazing to watch...

Post March 7th, 2007, 4:48 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Hckystr91
never offend a golfer about how it's not physicaly demanding.ever. because it is. Have you ever played and walked 18 holes and not broken a swett, and not gone home and been sore??? Get my Point??

I have played two 18 hole golf games in my life without a cart. I can tell you I am on my feet and walking around more at work more than I walked during those two games. Yes it is a deal of walking, but I've done a hell of a lot worse at work.

Post March 7th, 2007, 9:16 pm

what are you talking about?!?!?! you can't be a good golfer and be in such bad shape that you can't even run for 1 minute. Look at tiger woods. He is probably in better shape than half of all proffessianal atheletes. Almost all pro golfers are in great physical shape.(when i say almost, i mean everyone except john daly)
and you have to be to play any sport and be any good at it.

Haha, that post was comical at best. Real makes good points and solid arguments....you just whine about it and then say false things. First things first....I am a golfer, and probably moreso than you...and Im the one saying its not very physically demanding, because, quite frankly, it isnt. I walk 18 holes 2 or 3 times a week during golf season, and walk 9 holes the other days. I can tell you that I never break a sweat, and if I ever feel sore its my feet hurting still from soccer season, indoor soccer, or basketball. If you really break a sweat when you golf, you're probably in awful shape and therefore prove that you dont need to be in good shape to golf.

And sure, Tiger is in great shape, but thats an inverse argument. By that logic, celebrity must be a sport too because Brad Pitt is in good shape. Try considering it the other way around...does golf require you to be in shape? Not really...it helps a bit, sure, but guys like John Daly are at the upper eschelon of golf looking like theyve never run in their life.

Post March 8th, 2007, 8:25 am

okay, i understand where you are coming from. But more of a golfer than me? I really doubt it. did you place 4th in your state for your high school team as a sophomore? i'm not trying to brag, just letting you know that i play golf and that half the reason i do good is because i'm in great shape becasue i work out 3 times a week.

Post March 8th, 2007, 9:48 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

I like the manly sport of mini golf

haha, i like that one too, espec. the loop course

and formula1

Post March 8th, 2007, 1:10 pm

okay, i understand where you are coming from. But more of a golfer than me? I really doubt it. did you place 4th in your state for your high school team as a sophomore? i'm not trying to brag, just letting you know that i play golf and that half the reason i do good is because i'm in great shape becasue i work out 3 times a week.

You're state is Maine though. There's probably only 4 HS golfers there. [:p] Honestly though, I doubt HALF of why you're good is because you're in great shape. Maybe 5% of why you're good is strength, if even. Just out of curiosity what do you average for 18?

Post March 8th, 2007, 3:35 pm

At my highschools' home course i average a 78 and it's a par 72, but we play at one of the most difficult courses of any high school. Also, my school, which has only 900 students, had 40 people try out for golf, and we are one of the smaller schools competing, so there is more than 4 hs golfers.

i don't know why people think of maine as the middle of nowhere and we're all a bunch of hicks. if you look at a map and find bangor, which is next to the town i live in, from there south is the most populated portion of the state. all the hicks live up in the woods. and just to clear up a few things, we don' all talk like we are retahded and want to hop in the cah and go to bah hahbah (correctly pronounced Bar Harbor).

i'm not saying this is what most people think, its just e-man kind of brought it up when he said there is probably only 4 HS golfers in the state. i'm not trying to start a fight or anything, this is just one of things that pisses me off.

Post March 9th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Nah man that was a JOKE. I love Maine personally. I went up there on a road trip a couple years back and it is now one of my personal favorite states; very nice people and an awesome place as well.

Just curious, what's your home course??? You said its one of the most difficult courses of any high school, but your profile says you live in Brewer, and there aren't any difficult courses in the area. [confused]

Post March 10th, 2007, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 613.00 Points

I love Baseball, Basketball, Football, I run track, I love every sport. Check my name and signature...

Post March 10th, 2007, 5:03 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post March 11th, 2007, 3:45 pm

Just curious, what's your home course??? You said its one of the most difficult courses of any high school, but your profile says you live in Brewer, and there aren't any difficult courses in the area. [confused]

Penobscot Valley Country Club in Orono, there arn't many highschools that play at a course more difficult than that, we used to play at this shizty course called pine hill, but our coach is the pro at PVCC, so we moved there my freshman year.

Post March 11th, 2007, 5:42 pm

I suppoes that has to do with the whole regional difference then. In SoCal you'd really be hardpressed to find a course with a slope/rating as low as 125/71.5. For example, our team has 3 home courses, with rating/slope ranging from 71.5/128 (Par 71) to 72.6/140 (Par 71). Obviously that doesnt reflect ability or anything, but Im just surprised to hear that a slope of 125 is considered hard for the area.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion