Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion which company

which company

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

which company

B&M
32%
Intamin
28%
arrow
6%
vekoma
16%
cci
2%
dinn and summers
No votes
gerstluer
6%
gravity group
6%
gci
No votes
Togo
2%
miler
No votes
morgan
No votes
ptc
No votes
premier
No votes
schwarzkopf
2%

Total votes : 50

Post March 7th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Self explantiory. There are alot more but theses are the main ones.
Last edited by B and M on March 8th, 2007, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post March 7th, 2007, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
10 minutes open and its locked?
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post March 7th, 2007, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Where's the contest in this? Gerstlauer of course [;)] After that it's B&M, then Intamin, then GG, then Dinn, GCI, Arrow...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 7th, 2007, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
sorry you forgout about togo coaster. but its alright, mine are arrow, and vekoma.

Post March 8th, 2007, 12:09 am

I remember togo but I herd they wernt that good so i did not list them.
As for the whole ten minuets open and then locked, I just saw that and fixed.

Sorry edited post it posted twice and can't delete this one, won't give permission.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post March 8th, 2007, 12:43 am

Togo, true, is not very popular for famous and wonderful rides, but they have a handful of genius works. Manhattan Express, The Ultra Twisters, Windjammer Surf Races, the Bandit (Yomiuriland)...I would've included them.

But yeah, I chose Gerstlauer. I simply fell in love with the Euro-Fighters. The spinners, meh, Timberland Twister was great when I was 10, but it's more of a family coaster (which I understand now). But it would not kill them to flip out a new spinner design [;)]

Post March 8th, 2007, 12:47 am

Your right i probly should have tooken out gerstler and put them in.[shocked] Im just kidding but i probly should have tooken out henrich, so i did. If anyone wants to change there vote to togo then let me know and I will clear the polls. As for me i rode wildfire and fell in love. I was really shocked on how much force there was and how comfertable. On thunderbolt at celebration city it was incredebly rough and unenjoyable. However i have yet to ride an intamin.

Post March 8th, 2007, 1:36 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

CCI! As the big steel manufacturers lost their touch and over-engineered the hell out of their coasters, CCI was making top 10 caliper coasters for the smallest parks on tiny budgets, and pushed the bar up several notches.

I'll take a random CCI coaster over any coaster built by B&M or Intamin since 2001.

Post March 8th, 2007, 2:35 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^ absolutely!

However, I just went with the current version of CCI (TGG) based more on their potential than on the two (amazing) rides they have operating thus far.

Post March 8th, 2007, 7:05 pm

I always thought b&m was more liked than intamin.

Post March 8th, 2007, 9:27 pm

B&M first
Intamin second
vekoma third
arrow and gg tied for fourth
cci and gerstl tied for fifth.

Post March 8th, 2007, 9:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I've always loved Intamin, but i haven't really ridden enough to pick them. But i've ridden tons of B&Ms, so i gotta pick them....Sheikra, Hulk, Raptor and Dueling Dragons kick ass [:)] Still haven't ridden a GG, Shwarzkopf or Gerstleur yet, or a decent spinner though. Ah well, B&M for me!

Post March 8th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Do the phrases "double posting is bad", or "the edit button" mean anything to you?

Anyway, CCI has come into the world of coasters with some great designs. I can say that they don't make it on my good list, but they definitely aren't anywhere near the top.

Post March 8th, 2007, 11:01 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

CCI! As the big steel manufacturers lost their touch and over-engineered the hell out of their coasters, CCI was making top 10 caliper coasters for the smallest parks on tiny budgets, and pushed the bar up several notches.

I'll take a random CCI coaster over any coaster built by B&M or Intamin since 2001.

CCI probably ended up being one of the worst coaster manufacturers ever. Grant it while thier attractions were really fun, thier customer service was piss poor and it only got worse as it got near the end of the company's life.

Post March 8th, 2007, 11:19 pm

Out of curisioty how do you know that?

Post March 9th, 2007, 1:03 am

Haven't you heard, coolbeans knows everything! Hmhmm, I'm guessing he's just had a terrible history in experience with CCI designs.

Post March 9th, 2007, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Togo, true, is not very popular for famous and wonderful rides, but they have a handful of genius works. Manhattan Express, The Ultra Twisters, Windjammer Surf Races, the Bandit (Yomiuriland)...I would've included them.

But yeah, I chose Gerstlauer. I simply fell in love with the Euro-Fighters. The spinners, meh, Timberland Twister was great when I was 10, but it's more of a family coaster (which I understand now). But it would not kill them to flip out a new spinner design [;)]

Are you serious? Manhattan Express may be the worst ride I have ever ridden...and my list includes the likes of Rattler, Psyclone, etc...

And anyways, Gerstl does have a new spinner design out to accomadate Galaxyland Land in Canada. The only downside to Gerstls is those stupid wooden trains...they should be burned!

Anyways, you tottaly forgot RCCA on that list! Rattler and Son of Beast are two of the best rides everz!

As for CCI, I have to agree with Beans. They did just leave parks like Cliff's with an unfinished coaster. But hey, maybe that's why NMR turned out so darn good.

I almost forgot, my choices would be Intamin and GG. Closely following are S&S and Premier. (S&S wood, Powder Keg, Polty, Speed TR, Chiller, etc.)

Post March 9th, 2007, 10:35 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Hey, CCI didnt leave Cliffs hanging, Denise DINN left them hanging. Shes a total POS. She pissed off every good manufacturer they ever had. CI went to G-Trains because she pissed off PTC. I would bet their shotty wood was the same reason. Shes horrible at business.

CCI went bankrupt thanks to her right in the middle of a great project like NMR. Id stand behind the design team, I bet they would have helped to find someone to put that ride up. Denise? ha!

Proof? When she crashed CCI into the ground she went to S&S. After two rides, she was kicked from the team and to my knowledge she no longer works in the industry. Idiot.

Because obviously the designers, now TGG, are doing quite well IMO.

Post March 9th, 2007, 11:46 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Schwarzkopf is defenatly my fav. For the time they where building they were really innovative. Too bad Schwarzkopf coasters are getting rare now. [:(]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 9th, 2007, 11:53 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

doodoohead.

Fujiyama is by bar the most badass looking ride besides any of the RCCA's I've ever seen. RCCA DOES make their rides look rather intimidating, you have to give them that. Their main claims to fame though are:

Bandit
Surf Coaster
Fujiyama
Eagle Coaster

The company has a ton of neat ideas no other company really implements. Like having a standup train and a sitdown train on the same circuit, or in some cases having a backwards sitdown train. The Ultra Twisters were a good idea for a short while, and they're still the only company to have made a racing standup coaster (now one side has a sitdown train i think). Anyways, although their designs sucked a tad in some cases, many companies have done far worse IMO.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 9th, 2007, 2:05 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i like it rough, so arrow and vekoma would be my choice, espec for their corkscrews and loops

Post March 9th, 2007, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 932.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2007, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,672.00 Points
INTAMIN!
I love TTD because of the huge rush you get and I think their impulses are EXTREMELY fun especially WT. I also really like Volcano and Superman at SFA was really good so ya, def Intamin!

Post March 17th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Nice opinions everyone.

Post March 18th, 2007, 6:53 am

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Intamin!!! Not only do there rides kick ass they?????????re the only company that still sticks with the old rule > the faster the better.

B&M would probably be my second favorite due to there unique elements and smooth transitions.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion