Board index ‹ Theme Park Discussions ‹ General Theme Park Discussions ‹ Busch Gardens Africa Trip (March)

Busch Gardens Africa Trip (March)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 3rd, 2007, 9:42 pm

Posts: 6116
Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Offline
Hello all. I am taking a trip to Busch Gardens Africa on March 22nd through the 26th. I'll be bringing a camera so I'm wonderin' if WWS would host some pics that I'll be takin' down there. Also, I'll be leaving a Park Trip Report. I'm very excited to hit the new Floorless SheiKra because my Unlce (who I am traveling with) says it's off the hook! Also, I'll get to hit two of my favorite rides, Kumba and Montu! Gwazi, I did not get to go on last year due to ridiculously long waits, so if anyone has been on it, tell me if it's a good ride so that I'll be smart about waiting or not.
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on March 3rd, 2007, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

161

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Post March 4th, 2007, 12:55 am

Posts: 2140
Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Offline
Man, I rode Gwazi Lion and yeah, it is TOTALLY worth the wait. Loved it, beats Kumba IMO. Have fun on your trip, lookin forward to pics!

Post March 4th, 2007, 1:41 am

Posts: 1026
Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Offline
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

...I'm very excited to hit the new Floorless SheiKra...


It wont be open floorless until June.
-Tony.

Post March 4th, 2007, 1:45 am

Posts: 6116
Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Offline
^Yeah I know, was just reading about it [:(] Well that ruins half the trip. I really wanted to go on it! Maybe I can get some close-cap footage of station re-configuration due to the new trains. Anyway, now I can just look forward to Kumba, Montu, and Gwazi...oh yeah, and Scorpion thousands of times over and over and over. My little cousin adores that ride.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

161

Post March 4th, 2007, 1:46 am

Posts: 891
Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points
Location: Highland, Illinois, USA
Offline
Yea, SheiKra doesn't change over until June. Gwazi was good when I rode it last April. It's worth a 15-25 minute wait in my opinion.

Post March 4th, 2007, 1:47 am

Posts: 1026
Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Offline
Well, you still get to ride it anyway, it's still a kick ass ride!

I'm going, but 5 days earlier. There's an ACE event that day.
-Tony.

Post March 4th, 2007, 1:51 am

Posts: 6116
Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Offline
...Confusion. So you mean SheiKra will be open, only with the floors?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

161

Post March 4th, 2007, 2:03 am

Posts: 1026
Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Offline
Yeah, it doesnt close down for the conversion until after Memorial Day.
-Tony.

Post March 22nd, 2007, 12:35 pm

Posts: 6116
Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Offline
Well I'm off! I'll be back the 27th (next Tuesday) with some nice pics.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

161

Post March 22nd, 2007, 4:08 pm

Posts: 2140
Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Offline
Have fun!

Post March 26th, 2007, 11:52 am

Posts: 6116
Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Offline
We were reserved onto a plane late tonight (originally), but unfortunately, most of them were cancelled due to "confidential purposes and procedures"...

...so we were sent home at three o'clock this morning [|)]

I am going to get all my pics saved onto the hard drive, and I'll have a trip report up by the end of the day. It was a blast!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

161

Sponsors
Did you know? Active community members enjoy an ad-free experience! Learn how ›
  • Rate 80%+ of your downloaded tracks (min 40 downloads)
  • Post at least 25 forum topics or replies in the last 90 days
  • Upload a track in the last 90 days
  • Earn 50,000+ points with a 10+ year account
  • Or become a Premium member

Return to General Theme Park Discussions

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post