Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Slow Moveing No Limits

Slow Moveing No Limits

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 21st, 2007, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 851.00 Points
Just a quick question, when I start the simulation and ride the rides they seem quite slow and juddery, is this because my comp is cr*p or does it happen to everyone. Any ideas how can make the ride seem more real please let me know.

Cheers

Post March 21st, 2007, 12:47 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
Well like you said your computer is crap which means for it to run better you would need a better computer. My first thought would be a new graphics card... besides that I dont know what you could do.
Go chuff yourself and have a nice day! :D

Post March 21st, 2007, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

What are the specs of your machine? Money says we can diagnose this in about 10 seconds if we had ANY idea what kind of machine you were using. Sadly I forgot my mind reading device in my other pants. [lol]
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post March 21st, 2007, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Turn down some of the settings, if that doesn't work you are SOL.

Post March 21st, 2007, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

^^^^JUst clarifying that: turn shadows, textures, high detail water, and scenery off or down. And does it only happen at the start?

Post March 21st, 2007, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
I have the same thing once in a few months, too.. It's lagging everywhere: editor, sim.. Reinstall does the job for me [:)] Don't forget making backups

Post March 21st, 2007, 4:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I donno whats worse, Tconn only having 2 pairs of pants, or NL not running like it should. Heh.

Any other games run poorly, aka have similar issues or just dont work?
If most other games run fine then I would venture a guess at it being NL or a driver issue.

Post March 26th, 2007, 4:11 am

Points on hand: 851.00 Points
To be honest I think it's because the computer has so much $hit on there and is running on little memory, I've played with the settings and if turn everything down it does work better but it looks crap. Fingers crossed will get new comp soon. Cheers for help.

Post March 26th, 2007, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

Try getting some more RAM. It probably costs less than a new computer, and it might do the job as well. Or, as allready stated, buying a new graphics card would probably help too.

Post April 8th, 2007, 2:34 am

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
I also find that I sometimes have a slow moving NL sim, but it usually gets better if I restart the computer. I leave my computer on all the time, and sometimes it seems to help just to restart it. Also deleting temp files could help?

Return to No Limits Coaster