Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Crysis

Crysis

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 30th, 2007, 11:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/index.html

This game looks amazing. They just released a video showing off what the "CryEngine 2" can do, and it's incredible. Too bad I don't have a DX10 graphics card and probably won't for a long time.

Your thoughts?

Post March 31st, 2007, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea. They are going to port it to the consoles but itll be much like Obilvion - far weaker. I first saw Oblivion on the 360 and thought it was amazing.

Then I got it on my pc, jacked up the graphics and was totally blown away. The next time I saw it on 360 I thought it looked like crap.

While Im sure Crysis wont be as dramatic, from what Ive seen itll be pushing the PC boundaries out there a ways. Which means any console versions will be scaled down portions.

------------------

I saw a youtube e3 video of the developer showing off the game and it was stunning.

But that video was AMAZING. the lighting stuff is fairly academic by now but the physics are unreal. The shootable vegetation is extremely sweet but that nuke at the end with the shockwave is off the hook. Ive never seen anything remotely close to simulating a shockwave like that. I could just nuke things over and over just to see things get obliterated by the shockwave.

Post March 31st, 2007, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
According to the developers they still need to find a Pc capeble of running it at full settings, can you imagine?

Post March 31st, 2007, 11:09 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I was really interested in it when I saw it at E3 like Real, but, I thought about it and it looks like it'll play just like Farcry but with insanely better graphics. But still, that weapon customization menu they showed looks totally amazing!

I'll probably buy it on 360 since I don't use my PC for gaming.

Post March 31st, 2007, 12:55 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Probably going to build a PC for this, Huxley and UT 2k7 ^,^

Looks absolutely awesome.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 31st, 2007, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post April 1st, 2007, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I really don't think this game will make it to consoles. The devs have stated how they don't want to dumb the graphics down. But I won't be surprised if it ever does since the publisher might force the issue.

Has anyone seen the video of the level editor in action? (I would post a link but the forums that posted on it has been hacked)
But the basics of what you need to know about the level editor is that most everything in it is procedural. You create vegetation and it automatically randomizes its location in a small area making it look organic. The coolest part about it though it FULLY 3d real time graphics and game quality. So what you see in the editor is what you see in the game. You can even instantaneously hop on the ground, give yourself a gun and shoot a rocket at something you just built to see how it blows up. Needless to say, its very very cool.

Post April 1st, 2007, 9:03 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I had posted something about this about a month or 2 ago, but it seems to have dissappeared. Oh wellz, we shall continue the discussion here.[:)]

Post April 1st, 2007, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

They had better port this to the PS3 because I am definitely buying it.

Return to Off Topic Discussion