Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion FL6 questions...

FL6 questions...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 9th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Ok so I need someones help with Fruity Loops 6. I have three questions.
1.How would I go about making a winding up sound such as right before a bassline.

2.How do I make a rapid drum roll, faster then the sequencer allows?

3. How do I add an X-Y controller to a channel?

I need these answered soon, so please help.

*~RRollergod~*

Post April 9th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,478.00 Points

I have fruity loops 4. But I got mine free. Just play around and you'll get it.

Post April 9th, 2007, 6:25 pm

FL6 is so much better. It has really improved but, it is much harder to work with.

Post April 9th, 2007, 7:21 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by RRollergod

Ok so I need someones help with Fruity Loops 6. I have three questions.
1.How would I go about making a winding up sound such as right before a bassline.

2.How do I make a rapid drum roll, faster then the sequencer allows?

3. How do I add an X-Y controller to a channel?

I need these answered soon, so please help.

*~RRollergod~*
i don't have fruity loops, but i have a fairly good understanding of subtractive synthesis, and have been using protools and before that other programs for a good 6 or seven years, i can tell you how to speed up a drum roll.. double, or even quadruple, the speed of the sequencer, it oughta give you more room.. a winding up sound? sounds like you'd insert a sound with a long attack.. if indeed the fruity loops program has one you'd use whatever envelope controls you have.. to be honest i'd ditch fruity loops and run reason.. it's a much more professional sounding program, and the emulators are about as close to real synths as you can get..

Post April 9th, 2007, 7:42 pm

Thank you, also some synths have a long decay sound that lasts long after the channel has done its job. I want to stop it from doing that, but when I shorten the decay it makes the rest of the loop sound bad... How could I fix this?

Post April 9th, 2007, 8:03 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

i think you may have decay and RELEASE mixed up.. a typical four stage envelope is ADSR. Attack Decay Sustain Release, both for the vcf(ilter) and the vca(mplifier).. you don't want to turn down the release for the filter neccesarily , from what you said i'd say turn down the release for the vca .. but i don't have that program so i couldn't tell you where you do this ... i have the genuine articles in my house,they are my babies, a 1974 arp oddysey (as good or better than a minimoog imho, i've had both side by side and the only real difference is that the oscillator used for the lfo on the mini can be used as a third sound source as well, and i love the modulation choices of the arp) a roland juno 106 (refered to as "poly synth" in fruity loops) and a korg poly six (much beefier sound , another poly synth) a korg poly 800II (another poly synth) and a really groovy '73 roland sh1000 (probabaly refered to as "mono synth")that has an INCREDIBLE filter that makes great basses.. i'm pretty knowlegeable about (analog) synthesis concepts and techniques,and i've been "under the hood " of all of mine for one reason or other (touchy boogers, they are) but i really don't like techno much.. i'll be happy to answer any questions i can though..ps, when i said to speed up the sequencer i meant to add that you'd want to re-quantize as well, as many steps as you need ..
if you explain what you mean by x y controller i might be able to help here too..

Post April 9th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Post April 9th, 2007, 9:29 pm

Post April 9th, 2007, 9:31 pm

Post April 9th, 2007, 10:33 pm

...shhhhhhhh noone knows, cuz i got mine from a teacher in school...

Post April 10th, 2007, 3:33 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

eh.. i have a pro tools rig and several real, genuine, analog synthesizers.. i'm not sure if i'd have any use for it..

Post April 10th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,234.00 Points
umm to make a rapid drumroll i guess youd just adjust the overall tempo of the song or cut each of the piano roll keys so theyre super small. and x-y controller is in the effects along with the flangers and reeverbs

Return to Off Topic Discussion