Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Trip to Mirabilandia 4/27/2007 - Pictures!

Trip to Mirabilandia 4/27/2007 - Pictures!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

YAY! Finaly I'm going to mirabilandia! Why am I so excited about this? Well you see, there's going to be many first times for me, like my first B&M, my first woodie, my first wild mouse,... So please, everybody, that has been there, or knows anything about it, please tell me more about it, like what do you think of katun and Sierra Tonante, or where to go first, or if the place has many visitors and stuff like that![:D]

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I might post a few pictures after i come home!

Vid_w[8D]
Last edited by Vid_w on May 12th, 2007, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 1:30 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
...On Earth for 15 years and you've never ridden a woodie before? Yikes you've been missin' out man! I've never been there but I've heard good things about Katun. Have fun, man!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 22nd, 2007, 1:47 pm

Yeah, I know I've been missing out, but there are not many woodies near my country. I think it's the only one.[:(]

Still, I think, I'll have lots of fun! Thanks.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Dont get a bad impression with your first one being Sierra Tonante. That's not a good example of the wonders of wood.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Katun is rated the world's 5th best coaster by enthusiasts....so enjoy it!

Post April 22nd, 2007, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

No b&m dude that sucks.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post April 22nd, 2007, 6:36 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Katun: Seriously fun! Backseat on the right is my favorite spot.
Sierra Tonante: Far from the best woody. No airtime, slow over hills. No real fun...

Flat ride:
Those 2 s&s shot'n drops: Discovery is the turbo drop version. Defenatly ride this one. It's awesome! Also try to keep some space free between your shoulders and legs. So you can grab loads of air.

For the rest is mirabilandia a pretty small park. Last time i've been there , there was a 2nd day free stunt. With the ticket of the current day you could get in the park a ticket for the next day [:)] I remember the stand was somewhere at the entrance [:)]

Anyway, have fun! [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 24th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Thanks for your tips and advice, especially Dirk, for the rewiev. When were you there?

Post April 24th, 2007, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Mirabilandia is a great park, and I'm sure you'll have a good time. My tip: Ride Katun as much as possible[;)] And if you want to do the rapids ride, bring some spare clothes. That thing makes you soaked! The stunt show is a lot of fun to. As for Sierra Tontante, its rough. It almost got some hints of airtime and quite a few pretty boring turns. .On the good side, its pretty beautiful in all its white glory.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post April 24th, 2007, 3:33 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Vid_w

Thanks for your tips and advice, especially Dirk, for the rewiev. When were you there?

Summer 2005, I was pretty lucky since the queues for katun where close to zero! [pshades]

Post April 24th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Good news: the 2nd day is still free, so we decided to go there for 2 days!
Does anyone know, how tall do you have to be to go on katun?

P.s. Did you kow, that katapult doesnt operate anymore!?

Post April 24th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
No idea how tall you have to be to ride Katun, but one thing is for sure and that's Katapult is an issue prone ride. I got many reports of that ride being down and out a majority of last season. Eventually they decided to forget about it. Chances are we may see it up again sometime in the future.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 25th, 2007, 5:41 am

I heard a rumour that they where gonna take Katapult down again. Not sure if it is true, but they've had some problems with it.

Katun is proapbly 1.10m or something like that. I know it had a sign with maximum 1.80m in the middle seats. Haven't seen any other B&M inverters with the same sign. Anyone else have?

Post April 25th, 2007, 9:11 am

Just 1.10m? That's not much! Considering, that you have to be 1.5m to go on Blue tornado @ Gardaland!

Another question: Is Hurricane still there? That's an interesting flat ride.

Post April 25th, 2007, 9:13 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

^1.80?!? [shocked] What does middle seats mean, all except front & back? Man, I'm 1.92, that doesn't sound good to me... [xx(] But what's front and back then, 1.95 like quite normal?

Post April 25th, 2007, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Im pretty sure that B&M standards for their seats are 54 inches, or 1.37m.

1.8m would be too short. Im 6ft tall and 1.8m is like under 6ft tall by an inch or two.

I would guess that the maximum in m is near 2m. That would be around 6ft 5-7 inches which seems to be around the cut off - or close too.

Add to that that some parks alter the middle rows of seats to accomodate people with slightly larger torsos.

Post April 25th, 2007, 11:59 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Pad

^1.80?!? [shocked] What does middle seats mean, all except front & back? Man, I'm 1.92, that doesn't sound good to me... [xx(] But what's front and back then, 1.95 like quite normal?

I'm 1,86m and i never had any problems on katun so yeah, don't worry. You'd also will fit in the ride. Usually the height limits of inverteds are 1.95 so :)

Post April 25th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Post April 26th, 2007, 10:20 am

I can't wait till tomorow! I'm SOOOOOOOO excited![peakhill][pshades][r][launch]

Are there any other cool flats?

Post April 26th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Well folks, I'll see you in 3 days! Have fun not being in Mirabilandia! [:D][8D]

Post April 26th, 2007, 6:35 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Vid_w

Well folks, I'll see you in 3 days! Have fun not being in Mirabilandia! [:D][8D]

Don't worry, i can enjoy my pictures from then and from my onride video :D

Post April 27th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Pad

They referred to the two inner seats on each row. It's the only inverted I've seen this kind of sign on, and they didn't seem to enforce it. I was above 1.80 at the moment, and rode the inner seats.

The 1.10m is probably wrong. I was guessing based on some other rides[;)]

Post May 1st, 2007, 4:08 pm

I'm back!

It was SO cool! Katun was the best thing, that ever happened to me! Ever! And even Sierra Tonante and Pakal were good! Overall, the park is really small and has 4 or 5 great rides, but everything else is kiddy-stuff. The two S&S freefall towers were OK too.

Katun: Like I said before, this must be the best coaster on earth! It has good speed, cool inversions, high forces and believe it or not, the last seats had a bit of airtime! I rode it 10 or 11 times and still couldn't get enough. You must be 1.4m tall to ride and in the middle two seats the limit is 1.8m! But I'm 1.77 and I had no problems. The first drop was awsome! The speed was wonderful and in the last seats, you could feel some airtime! And then the loop! Such a classic element, but still so much fun! If you sitt in the front row, you have the feeling, like the whole train stopped on top of the loop! next was the zero-G-roll, that wasn't really zero-G. Maybe in the middle rows. But it was still fun, especially becouse it's so high up! The cobra-roll was fun too, maybee a bit too many latterals, but still much fun. When you go out of the MCBR and are in the last seat, i just lifts you up and you float through the air. The two flatspins were fun too, especially when wee were making faces, couse you get photographed, when you're upside-down. Oh yeah! I am working on a recreation!

Sierra: You told me, that it wasn't fun, but you were wrong! It was loads of fun. (any coaster is fun IMO) The first drop, the feeling of being on a woodie, the latterals and even a very small amount of airtime. I just couldn't not enjoy it! Especially cuz it was my first woodie! The only things, that bothered me, were the loud lift and the evil brakes. My brother even shot a POV!

Pakal: A really fun wild mouse! Nothing else to say really. Some fun latterals and the feeling of everything happening so fast was just what I neede for an warm-up ride! I've got a POV of thisone too.

Columbia & Discovery: The S&S freefal towers where OK. Especially the one that shot you in the air. But the other one was really annoying! It was so loud, that I had to hold my ears, when I was queueing!

Overall, a very good park. The fact that it's small isn't that bad, cuz you don't have to walk too much![:D] And the best thing is, taht the queues weren't long! I had to wait for max. 15 minutes!

<EDIT> Does anyone know a site, where I can upload the pics and videaos?

Post May 5th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Upload your videos to youtube... or TPR... i want to see soem Katun lovin'. As for photos i use www.photobucket.com

Post May 12th, 2007, 8:33 am

I finally gatheret some time to upload the pictures:
Here's my picture, so you'll know me!

Hope you have fun with the pics! POVs of Pakal an Sierra tonante coming soon!
[:)][8D]

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions