Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Final Destination 3 - getting on my last nerves

Final Destination 3 - getting on my last nerves

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Has anyone seen Final Destination 3? I haven't. But I saw the preview. And I looked up the scene on youtube. You all know what scene I am talking about. I am ready to round up a party to go and murder every preducer, writer, and director of the movie. Maybe I am over-doing it a little, but it is pissing me off. I am about ready to write a 2 page essay on why it is stupid, unrealistic, terrible, un-nessesary, and everything you can think of.

Discuss.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 21st, 2007, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

This is where my Paranoia topic comes into play...

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

yes its bad. it will probally never happen but just remember that its a movie and is totally unrealistic
Making screams come true

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Wait... so you're saying that a camera wouldn't derail a train, the ride ops wouldn't leave the track with a huge gap in it, and the restraints don't open on their own for no reason!?

Wow. Who knew!

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Is this the only movie you think is trash? Personally I would never watch at least half of the films coming out of Hollywood with any expectations of realism or artistry...

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

Originally posted by CalawayPark

Wait... so you're saying that a camera wouldn't derail a train, the ride ops wouldn't leave the track with a huge gap in it, and the restraints don't open on their own for no reason!?

Wow. Who knew!

haha nicee [LOL]

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:15 pm

Very true, but being a roller coaster fanatic, it is ticking me off to no end. Not only am I a coaster fanatic, I persuade others to ride and have more fun in their lives by going on roller coasters. Then this movie comes out. Basically my whole lifes work with that trashed in one epiclly stupid scene.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by CalawayPark

and the restraints don't open on their own for no reason

The restraints opened because the camera latched itself onto the track post-loop and the pressure tube that was leaking totally blew open after it hit the camera. I don't know why pressure liquids were locking the restraints but oh well.

Also, tie, it's just a movie. Nothing to really bug out about. Their just trying to make money. If you have a problem with it, don't watch. I however thought it was a tight-ass movie with one or two EXAGGERATED impossible events.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:21 pm

If you read my post, I did and should have taken it a little harder. There are so many people I have convinced to ride them; and they have ridden a few. Then I get a few coming back to me "What the hell Keegan? You said they were safe, look at Final Destination 3, that's exactly what will happen to me on my next roller coaster."
I hate the producers. Period.

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
If they compare Final Destination 3 to what will happen to them on coasters, then they are so stupid they deserve to die. ITS A FRIGGIN MOVIE, tell your friends they are idiots, how about the tanning beds in the movie? Are you going to BURN to death by using a tanning bed?
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

All of the deaths in those movies are completely unrealistic anyway, why does this bother you any more than the other ones. Plus, more people afraid of roller coasters means shorter lines for the rest of us[:D]

Oh also, just from watching it on youtube, it seems like the whole roller coaster scene is just a dream anyway, so it was probably made to be even more over the top than the already over the top deaths in the movie.

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:57 pm

Originally posted by guitarplayer673

All of the deaths in those movies are completely unrealistic anyway, why does this bother you any more than the other ones. Plus, more people afraid of roller coasters means shorter lines for the rest of us[:D]

Thats not my purpose. I tell people to go on them, that's just something I do. I don't say its less for them and more for me.
Oh also, just from watching it on youtube, it seems like the whole roller coaster scene is just a dream anyway, so it was probably made to be even more over the top than the already over the top deaths in the movie.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that the main characters leave the line, and the roller coaster crashes for some other people they don't know. If I am wrong or right, that's not the point. The point is, they still showed it, people still saw it, and people still are imagining that happening.

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:30 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
The funniest wrong thing in the movie is, is that the cause of the accident in her vision. LEAVES the train too... So that means, no accident :P

Oh well, It's still a cool scene. How fake it it [:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Personally i liked the movie, it was good andbecause i was a fan of the last two i saw it, i will admit it was good. what woul'd have been nice is if before the credits they had a message, something like what happened on the rollercoaster has zero percent of happening in real life. Please don't be scared of them and keep riding. All that movie did was make it so more people won't ride. If no body rides rollercoasters no rollercoasters will exist and thats bad.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post May 22nd, 2007, 1:09 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i thought that scene was hilarious, all those things that wouldn't happen in a trazillion years

Post May 22nd, 2007, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post May 22nd, 2007, 1:37 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

The general public views that scene as a possibility. They know not how the restraints works, nor anything else about a coaster. Therefore, the big-wigs can basically manipulate the scene to their pleasure.

I don't know about you all, but I go to those types of movies to be thrilled. The scene certainly had my heart pumping. Overall the movie sucked, but they succeeded in their basic purpose.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 1:44 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I havent seen the movie but if people cant tell Hollywood from life that is sad. When CoasterRadio.com was podcasting about this movie they did a video podcast that went into depth about that scene. I say, show that, if you can find it, to them and explain that they have a better chance of winning 50 lotteries in one day then having what happened in the move happen to them.

(Yes, I was making that last part up.)

Post May 22nd, 2007, 2:59 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

This is retarded. I seriously feel like locking the thread.

The GP knows it's very unlikely. Just like everything else in the movie. Final fantasy, is how you say... full of fantasy.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 3:03 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

man asked me to post the following, as his wws.com down't work:
---------------------------------------------------------------

hahaha I remember this movie probably the dumbest thing ever, but who really cares? Also would you rather have a completely realistic coaster crash showing everyone having slow painful deaths and some surviving either mentally or physically crippled than suffering trying to stay alive on the ride and then all of them having quick deaths?

P.S. Like dirk said how the hell did the coaster still crash if the guy with the camera got off the ride? I still have never figured that out
Rarwh

Post May 22nd, 2007, 9:46 am

Points on hand: 1,906.00 Points

Originally posted by gazag

it will probally never happen but just remember that its a movie and is totally unrealistic

PROBABLY never happen?????!

ok I'm scared...as for the general public...before being with Mr Gould, I considered myself one of these, 'GP' and I know I'm perhaps a little ditzy...but I certainly wanted to steer clear from coasties for a while! [:I]

but after consideration, everyone knows how realistic it is for 'death' to be after you and knock everything over in its way to do so, even me! And surely only...erm, how can I say this...gifted people have visions [;)] haha

...and as soon as gouldy gets hold of this post, he'll have a few things to say as well, believe you me! [lol]

Post May 22nd, 2007, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
Things do happen on real roller coasters but they are very, very rare. Tell your friends its more dangerous to drive a car than ride a roller coaster. And the speeds are usually greater in a car.
Trackwalker

Post May 22nd, 2007, 10:42 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Linny, if a coaster is properly maintained and there's no 18-wheels driving into it, it won't crash.

and what trackwalker said, there's more chance to die travelling to then being in a themepark

Post May 22nd, 2007, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 523.00 Points
^even being at home you have a higher risk to die, then in a coaster.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 1:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Dont forget the people that made the movie ARNT fanatics.
I obviously picked out the bad things as i would do but why would a film producer make sure all apex's are smooth, it was heartlined and totally 100 percent realistic from a technical perspective
That coaster, is and would be a VERY realistic coaster to any person that isnt an enthusiast.
Nevertheless, yes it did look rather sceptical but it did keep me on edge for certain.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion