Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion yay!!! for you tube..

yay!!! for you tube..

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 21st, 2007, 12:45 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i just found this!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNG4vrK-K0&NR=1
Last edited by jayman on May 21st, 2007, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 21st, 2007, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Great video with some excellent footage. This is going into my favorites for sure. Nice find!

Post May 21st, 2007, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
The most intense roller coaster ever in action. That's awesome.

Post May 21st, 2007, 2:30 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Wow, i gotta say. It looks awesome but pretty painfull at some turns. Too bad it's been demolished... [:(]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 21st, 2007, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSoaJVBb ... ed&search=

OMG. That's awesome... The creator of tonnes of amusement park promos did this back before he started doing the official stuff.

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I would give my left nut to get a ride on that thing in the back seat

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
That honest to god looks like it was created by a n00b in NL! The shizzy turn bankings, the weird elements, the sharp turns; everything! Come on, thats really what it looks like!
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by SMer

Why not? You would loose it when you ride anyways.

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by tiepilot35

That honest to god looks like it was created by a n00b in NL! The shizzy turn bankings, the weird elements, the sharp turns; everything! Come on, thats really what it looks like!

Wow, are you serious? NOBODY on this site could make a coaster in NL with the kind of shaping on this coaster. The layout has perfectly circular turns and is brilliantly thought out. You couldn't be more wrong.

Post May 21st, 2007, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

This was the ride that broke ribs right? God that looks painful.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post May 21st, 2007, 9:02 pm

Originally posted by B and M

Well, thank goodness there are coasters today for people like you (your username covers quite a bit of them) who prefer their coasters rather weak and uneventful.

Post May 21st, 2007, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

I really don't know about some of you guys, but broken ribs don't really make me wanna get up and ride.

Post May 21st, 2007, 9:20 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Well, thank goodness there are coasters today for people like you (your username covers quite a bit of them) who prefer their coasters rather weak and uneventful.
[:O][:O]

Post May 21st, 2007, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

^^ Wasn't your user name going to be B&MFan397 but they wouldn't allow "&" so you just went to Intamin?

Post May 21st, 2007, 9:59 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

So your going to call the new mexico rattler, ozark wildcat, hurricane, wildfire, powder keg, batman, and boss weak and uneventful. Thoes are some of my favorite rollercoasters except hurricane. I forgot mind eraser at elitch. i don't know about you but when i ride a rollercoaster i don't want broken bones. Call me a sissy but i call it common sence.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post May 21st, 2007, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

People didnt really get broken ribs from the Cyclone...at least not often [;)].

Crystal Beach actually exploited the coaster's intensity and danger in order to increase interests...one of the aspects of this was making sure everybody knew that the Cyclone broke ribs, amongst other things. The nurse at the station fit right into this. It wasnt really necessary to have the nurse, but since the ride was very intense and the nurse attracted even more thrillseekers, CB was pretty quick to throw the nurse in there. I wouldnt go so far as to say it was a gimmick, but the nurse definitely wasnt NECESSARY by any means.

And Id give anything to get a chance to ride this little piece of perfection. No woodies today could stand half a chance against the Cyclone at CB, and its a shame it was taken down.

Post May 21st, 2007, 10:15 pm

I think it may have needed the nuurses. How do you know it diden't?

Post May 21st, 2007, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Dude, what's with all the bashing of coasters!? B&M is awesome! Haha, I sound like such a n00b or fanboy or whatever now[lol]

But I still agree about the Cyclone. It looks painful as hell. Sweet.

Post May 21st, 2007, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

Originally posted by SMer

Why not? You would loose it when you ride anyways.

good point[lol]

Post May 21st, 2007, 11:07 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

one of the stories regarding it, or one of it's sister rides.. maybe he lightning at revere beach, involved a death on opening day... it is told that twice as many people showed up to ride it the next day

Post May 21st, 2007, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^that would be the revere beach lightning, and I think it was on the second night, not the opening one. In any case that attracted more people before long. I'll bet that a lot of folks just came to see the ride in person rather than dare to go on it after the horror stories.

Post May 21st, 2007, 11:39 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

my idea of advertising would be to have a helmet and crash suit rental outside the que... just for show..

Post May 22nd, 2007, 12:07 am

I don't see how someone getting killed on a rollercoaster would bring more. If someone got killed due to forces, keep me away.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 12:12 am

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

^^ Wasn't your user name going to be B&MFan397 but they wouldn't allow "&" so you just went to Intamin?

Yeah...

1) How'd you know that?
2) That was when I was an "unexperienced" coaster fan, over four years ago, and was almost a year before I realized the joys of wooden coasters.
3) B&Ms are still good rides, I'm just putting it into perspective.

So your going to call the new mexico rattler, ozark wildcat, hurricane, wildfire, powder keg, batman, and boss weak and uneventful. Thoes are some of my favorite rollercoasters except hurricane. I forgot mind eraser at elitch. i don't know about you but when i ride a rollercoaster i don't want broken bones. Call me a sissy but i call it common sence.

What I call common "sense" (it should be common sense to spell that word correctly btw) is not being a dumbass and getting your bones broken. If you ride a coaster and your bones are broken because you can't brace yourself correctly, the blame is 100% on you, not the coaster.

And I don't know why you're listing names of coasters you like, what does that have to do with this discussion? All those coasters are FAR from the insanity that the Crystal Beach Cyclone delivered.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Dude... it's not like there's some rule book on being a coaster enthusiast saying you have to follow a set of rules about what coasters you like. In my opinion, a coaster should never be able to break a bone, whether you can brace yourself or not.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion