Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Intamin Rocket (Update 5/26 post 3)

Intamin Rocket (Update 5/26 post 3)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 26th, 2007, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3596

Two pics of new ride.

76mph launch in less than 2 seconds.

Gs:
5.0, -1.7

1504 ft long
Over 166 ft tall

Give feedback/questions/comments.
Last edited by EElover2 on May 26th, 2007, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 26th, 2007, 12:43 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

-1.7 would leave some NASTY bruises on the thighs, that is if you weren't thrown out of the train in the process. Also, why the heck does it need to be that massive.. you could achieve the same forces on a far smaller scale. The massive turns just take forever to go through, and even though you're going fast you lose the sense of speed because you're turning for such a long time. I also think you need to lower the precision in the AHG, those transitions look too quick and don't appear to flow. Look at the transitions on something like Millennium Force. See how they're drawn out and flowing? That gives more of a floating on air, and the rotational acceleration [Which NL doesn't calculate] would be very uncomfortable if I'm thinking of this right...

Anyway, it shows potential I just... Don;t like huge rides. Others may disagree but this is IMO.

Post May 26th, 2007, 9:29 am

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
Okay, I reduced it to -1.5 gs, which is just about under the limit IMO for Intamin hypers.

I would add a pic, but the NLDC is 'under maitenence (sp?)'

The hill has both drops and lift of 85 degrees up and down.

Post May 26th, 2007, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by EElover2

Okay, I reduced it to -1.5 gs, which is just about under the limit IMO for Intamin hypers.

I would add a pic, but the NLDC is 'under maitenence (sp?)'

The hill has both drops and lift of 85 degrees up and down.

-1.5 is still really extreme, I think to the point of it no longer being fun, just painful and uncomfortable. Plus it puts a lot of stress on the trains. -1.3 is about as high as I would go. And... 85 degree hill!? It'd look pretty odd, but I guess it could be fun.

Post May 26th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

On an Intamin -1.5 is acceptable, but DO NOT go any higher.

Return to Hard Hat Area