Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Kings Island (5-27-07)

Kings Island (5-27-07)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 29th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 121.00 Points
I took my first trip to an amusement park this season the past Sunday. The two main objectives of the trip: 1) Pick up my Maxx Pass 2) Ride FireHawk.

My friend and I got there and a sign stated that,"FireHawk might open late today with limited capacity." That worried me a little, as I wasn't going to stay all day. When we got back to the FireHawk line (the 26th-28th the first 2500 people got free t-shirts), it hadn't opened yet. Some park operators were telling everyone simply,"FireHawk is going under routine maintenence, and we don't know when exactly it will open." My friend and I also heard one of the operators say that on the 26th it didn't open until 1:30 in the afternoon. Since we didn't know when it would open, my parents stood in line for us(the operators let them) and my friend and I went off and were able to ride Flight of Fear, The Racer, and the Vortex before my dad gave me the call telling that FireHawk would soon open up. When we got back to my parents, we waited maybe 15-20 more minutes, and then finally they started loading riders. The only problem was that only one train was running; the other was sitting in the station being worked on. This was my first experience on a Flying Coaster, and I definately loved it.

We only waited about 25 minutes in the actual cattle pins. In the meantime my mom got some good shots of the coaster.

[img]//img262.imageshack.us/img262/7663/p5270475ho0.jpg[/img]

The Running Train (One is mainly Red, and the other is mainly Yellow)
[img]//img262.imageshack.us/img262/2905/p5270476vx8.jpg[/img]

The Sign

We ate after this at one of the LaRosa's. We then headed off to ride the new and (hopefully) improved Son of Beast. But of course, it was closed. The sign didn't state why, all it said was "Closed." This was a major depresser. I heard rumors that it was open two days before, but who knows. The rest of the day, we rode Top Gun, Face Off(my friends first time), Italian Job, and the Beast. The IJ was a little rougher than I remember it from last year. The operators were loading you and then launching you almost immediately. The Beast was a good way to finish the day. The line moved quickly and the ride was enjoyable. Sadly, it started raining at around 5:30. This was when I was going to head up into the Eiffel Tower to get some good pictures of FireHawk and th loopless SoB, but they closed it down due to lightning being within 10 miles of the park. So I am sorry that I didn't get those pics, but I am going back to KI in July, so I'll take them then.

Here are a few random pics of the park. Some were taken as we were laeving the park (You might be able to tell the sky is dark in some areas).

This one is a little blurry because I was on the move in the car.

That is all that I have for this trip. Next trip report will be on my Cedar Point and Maverick Trip! I wish I could have given you more, but SoB was closed, and so was the Eiffel Tower due to rain. Sorry, but I'll get more in July!

Post May 29th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Hey I picked up my MAXX Pass this Saturday! Wooh. Looks like fun, Casey.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 29th, 2007, 8:54 pm

Yeah... I got home at 3 in the morning on Saturday after being in DC for a week. Then I went Sunday to KI. I am exhausted, and it was fun!

Post May 29th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Your pics are nice, but huge you must have one of them 10megapixel cameras like me.

Post May 29th, 2007, 10:04 pm

I don't know what mine is for sure. My mom has an even more fancy camera than I do, but these were taken with mine. And thank you for the compliment.

Post May 29th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Is that rotor droptower any good? I always wondered about those, but they just seem like an ordinary droptower...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 30th, 2007, 7:11 am

I think they are. But my problem is that I have only ridden one, and Drop Zone is that one, so...

Post May 30th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports