Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Wesite Questions ETC...

Wesite Questions ETC...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 19th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
Hey,

I am hoping to open a small website for The Sims 2, It would be a very small site, and just to exchange home lots, and other small things... I am really into Architeture, and I use The sims 2 daily, and have over 50 different lots that i made. So what I was wondering is, if I were to open a site like this (weeweeslap) is it against any trademarks, or copyrights to do so? There already is a site called mod the sims 2, but I think it sucks... So that is why I want to open my own, and Also to get a hands on experience with HTML and web designing... But I still don't know if I will. So I am just wondering about that one question about copyrights for now, but besides that, none.

Thanks.
-Ryan

Post June 20th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yes, it's perfectly legal, but just as a note, it's really not worth the time money and hassle. Trust me, everyone has the idea of building a website and 99.999% of people get bored with it after a month. But it is always worth a try just to familiarise yourself with html and the other side of how websites work. But trust me, making websites isn't all fun and games

Post June 20th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

im taking a class about all that right now, its all a pain in the... but its kinda interesting.. if you get a god enough site going im sure that youd eventually get into it.

Post June 20th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Trust me, if you want an exchange and all that, forget doing it within HTML.

For a serious site, you need PHP 5 and learn the Object Orientated Programming Style.

Then you need to get a hold of a decent PHP 5 framework. I recommend using Cakephp.

You can then rapidly prototype your site.

Still want to do it? Thought not.

Post June 20th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

There's a million of Sims 2 mod sites.
If I were you, you could ask to be a creator for one of them and you can give them your designs and mods.
They'll pay you, too, if they're a pay-to-download site.

Post June 21st, 2007, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

Yes, it's perfectly legal, but just as a note, it's really not worth the time money and hassle. Trust me, everyone has the idea of building a website and 99.999% of people get bored with it after a month.

I could not have said it any better myself. Websites are a bear to run ... and with updates, then an exchange, etc. -- ugh ...
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 21st, 2007, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by Edge

Yes, it's perfectly legal, but just as a note, it's really not worth the time money and hassle. Trust me, everyone has the idea of building a website and 99.999% of people get bored with it after a month. But it is always worth a try just to familiarise yourself with html and the other side of how websites work. But trust me, making websites isn't all fun and games

I didn't get bored of mine... its just boring that noone goes on it, granted there's nothing much on it, but i still think it looks damn good for being self coded and me knowing not much about HTML and Divs

www.meridian.com.gr
Rarwh

Return to Off Topic Discussion