Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion iPhone

iPhone

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 26th, 2007, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
(Wow its been a while)

So what does everyone think of these things? I mean, they look really cool. I was actually hoping to get one, I just wanted to know everyone else input.

Post June 26th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
think it is cool. You can go on the internet, kinda has a google earth thing on it. a phone with a touch screen. The only thing though is that everyone wants one and the lines are going to be out the door.

Post June 26th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Ehhh, I dont think there are going to be huge lines and shortages and a whole "PS3-situation" all over again. It doesn't have a rare technology like the Blue-ray in it. I'm sure Apple made plenty of them.

I would only get one if they switched to verizon.

Post June 26th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i will be getting one. since im changing over my computer to apple, i have an ipod and an addapter in my car and have revently ordered appletv off the net i think i should compleate the collection shouldent i
Making screams come true

Post June 26th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i bet i will, its mostly for the ivideo which is an awsome program
Making screams come true

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Hm... I have a mac and I dont have a problem with it. You just have to keep it up to date.d

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

i think they are a wonderful exposition of todays technology, but until the price comes down i think ill keep my slvr, which is a simple phone compared to the iphone and blackberry pearl and all those other crazy gadget-phones, but it doesnt bother me.

in the point of view of relation to the ps3 in price, i think everyone freaked out over the ps3's price way too much, its not that big of a deal, some things have high price tags, deal with it. but the only thing is, im willing to part with the $600 for a ps3, because i enjoy the system and i know its potential, but i could never bring myself to spend $600-$700 on a phone, i dont care how much stuff it does, its a f***ing phone and that gets stuck in my head.

also, since its being sort of mentioned above, theres always the neverending war between mac and pc, and i find it histerical when people get brainwashed into thinking that one is better than the other as a whole, because macs kick pcs in the nuts when it comes to multimetia editing and such, but there are also some things that pc can just flat out do better, period. its all personal preference, neither one is simply better than the other, and they both have flaws.

but thats just my two-cents

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I think the iPhone is pretty cool and would definitely consider owning one if I could use my current provider with it. I've always been an Apple guy and still think their products are great.

Post June 26th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Originally posted by circask8r264

i think they are a wonderful exposition of todays technology, but until the price comes down i think ill keep my slvr, which is a simple phone compared to the iphone and blackberry pearl and all those other crazy gadget-phones, but it doesnt bother me.

in the point of view of relation to the ps3 in price, i think everyone freaked out over the ps3's price way too much, its not that big of a deal, some things have high price tags, deal with it. but the only thing is, im willing to part with the $600 for a ps3, because i enjoy the system and i know its potential, but i could never bring myself to spend $600-$700 on a phone, i dont care how much stuff it does, its a f***ing phone and that gets stuck in my head.

also, since its being sort of mentioned above, theres always the neverending war between mac and pc, and i find it histerical when people get brainwashed into thinking that one is better than the other as a whole, because macs kick pcs in the nuts when it comes to multimetia editing and such, but there are also some things that pc can just flat out do better, period. its all personal preference, neither one is simply better than the other, and they both have flaws.

but thats just my two-cents

I agre with you about paying so much for a phone. The only reason that I am thinking about getting one is because I have a discount/rebate thing with Cingular because of a conflict that me and my parents had with them last year.

Post June 26th, 2007, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

if the iphone wasn't so expensive, I'd consider it. they're hyping up the advanced touch-screen and ipod aspects to back the price tag.

personally, I think I'll wait until my contract with sprint expires and then reconsider, especially if all carriers have them by then.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Sprint probally wont even carry it. It took them forever to finally get a razr and by then I finally moved on from those and got a blackberry which arent as hyped up as everyone says.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:12 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

i think it's 2007 and i'm 36 and stillhave absolutely NO desire to own a cel phone.. to me it's an extra bill for something that makes it easier for people to bug me , even if they aren't nearby. i see it's benifits, and this i phone looks neat o.. but no thanks i'd rather spend the bread elsewhere.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:32 pm

So I might as well just not buy one now because I found out that the lowest plan for an iPhone is %59.99 and that only give you 200 TXT and 500 Minutes talk or something like that. But you have unlimited everything else so I dont know if its worth it or not.

Post June 26th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
To bad it uses cingular and not verizon, then I would get it in a heartbeat.

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Great idea. Total waste of money right now.

Plus, I want a phone to be just a phone - not 80 million gadgets. If I want to listen to music, ill bring my iPod. If I want to browse the internet, Ill bring a laptop (which I can listen to music too so I wont need my iPod!)

I dont like these all in one phones. They all do a bunch of things, but CRAPPILY. Who wants a phone that can only only 1gb of songs? Thats weak. No thanks. Especially not for the money.

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:35 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

omg real. but it's like the newest thing EVA!!![lol]

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
like, Oh my gawd! You are so totally right J! I mean, like, I just gotta have it! Its just sooo cute with those rounded corners! And its got the little "i" before the word "phone" so its just gotta be kewl!

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:46 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

like i heard that ther's some people that have phones.. and i'm not making this up ok, and all they do is make and recieve calls.. and worst of all.. the people who use them dont even know how to text.. what dumazzes

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Wooooooooooow when you tilt teh awsome phone it like moves wit yo!11!1!1 I just gots to gets its!

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:59 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
OMG rrollergod yer totalleee right!! it like moves like omg -no- WAY! and Real holy purse youre right its g0t teh 'I' befor da 'phone' so its like longer!! ohmagad i must get one before i die of fainting!1@!!
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:16 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

It was only funny at first.

Where I come from we use 20 dollar cell phones to do what they are made for...making calls.

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

They are expecting lines. The AT&T store on my delivery route got a crapload of plastic chain and little poles so they can set up a queue line outside the store.

The store closes at 4:30pm to prepare, then the iPhone goes on sale at 6pm.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion