Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Point's next coaster

Cedar Point's next coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 24th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Just a heads up to people, those back-to-back posts up there were not a double-post...someone deleted their reply.

Originally posted by CoasterStreak

...if they could get rid of Demon Drop...

NOOOOO!! I love Demon Drop. That thing's a classic freefaller and even though it's roughly put up and relatively unsafe by now, I love the fact that it brakes on a flat surface and all the transferring and shtuff.

Anyway, I look at CP and see 15 steel designs and 2 woodies and hate to wonder why they didn't get a GCI this year...would've been a kickass threesome anticipation goin' on...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 24th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
dude, they dont need another coaster, theyve got enough already. But i thought that they were gonna make a coaster called like maxxx ur sumthing like that.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post June 24th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah, the day that a roller coaster has XXX in its name is the real life generation of rides...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 24th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,135.00 Points
the coaster with xxx in the name will be the top coaster ever and i bet all thr 16 year olds will be in line

Post June 24th, 2007, 9:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 1:12 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CoasterStreak

...if they could get rid of Demon Drop...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOOOOO!! I love Demon Drop. That thing's a classic freefaller and even though it's roughly put up and relatively unsafe by now, I love the fact that it brakes on a flat surface and all the transferring and shtuff.

You realize that Demon Drop has been for sale for a while now.
http://italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=565

Back to the capacity thing... All of CP's rides range from 900 people (Wildcat) to 3300 people (Gemini). But the average is 1800 people per hour... according to Griffon it has a 1400 capacity which is the same capacity as Blue Streak. Just a thought.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post June 26th, 2007, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
That kind of figure for Griffon would make sense though. 30 passenger trains are a lot of people to be putting on one train.

Post June 26th, 2007, 6:14 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Kinzel said a flyer will never be at CP. He also said he will not deal with Intamin again - which means no more Intamin woodie. This has been quoted from CoasterCon.

I thought Kinzel was retiring.

Post June 26th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by JakizleToo bad CP will like never get a wooden coaster while Kinzel is around.

I used to like him, but since he cares not for the wooden coaster I declare him a douche bag.

Post June 26th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

[lol]

Why wouldn't he get one? Or did he specifically say that he wouldn't?

Post June 26th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,857.00 Points
Hopefully Cedar Fair puts some work into their other newly acquired Ohio theme parks like Kings Island, the park has plenty of room for fun things too!

Post June 26th, 2007, 8:14 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

CP's next coasterwill be a canon ball launcher where riders will be tied down to a spear type car thingy and when blasted out, it will shoot through the air and mathematic computation will land on the rail 200 feet away and with the speed it carries will go through a loop, a cobra roll and loop again with a launch again over some small water formation and land back down 100 feet later and skid into the station [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 26th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:42 pm

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:59 pm

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterguy77

[lol]

Why wouldn't he get one? Or did he specifically say that he wouldn't?

If he said he wouldnt put in an Intamin wood, which isnt even a truely wooden coaster, then he wouldnt install a real one there.

Heck, Intamin wood requires little to no maintenance. Theyve got regular steel car trains. Poly wheels. Which means the running surface isnt a normal bolted in steel so the wear on that is minimal. Its just overall like 10% the maintenance and if he wont install one of those, even installing a GCI means doing more work. TGG is totally out of the question.

Post June 26th, 2007, 11:54 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
When you think about it, it's kind of an admirable thing that they won't build a woody. If a park isn't willing to properly maintain one, they shouldn't build one.

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:16 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by Kev

When you think about it, it's kind of an admirable thing that they won't build a woody. If a park isn't willing to properly maintain one, they shouldn't build one.

I concur. It would be awful for a wonderful GG coaster to be built only to see it become a shadow of itself in the following years.

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:54 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
All of Cedar Fair's wooden coasters need to be maintained better. I rode Shivering Timbers (at Michigan Adventure which is a CF park) like 7 years ago when it was just only 2 years old. It was extremely fun and not killer rough; everything a wooden should be. I rode it last year; 6 years later than the first time. It sucked. It was so rough that my migrane ruined the bit of airtime I could remember after I nearly cracked my spine. Big diffrence in the two rides.

So overall point: I agree that if they aren't going to maintain a woody, dont make one.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:14 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

That's fine by me. Let all of the wooden coasters be built at my parks!

Oh yeah, thanks for Boardwalk Bullet CP!

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:16 am

I just wish that they would build one, and maintain it well. Having a nice compact GG or something would add so much to CP...

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:42 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by tiepilot35

All of Cedar Fair's wooden coasters need to be maintained better. I rode Shivering Timbers (at Michigan Adventure which is a CF park) like 7 years ago when it was just only 2 years old. It was extremely fun and not killer rough; everything a wooden should be. I rode it last year; 6 years later than the first time. It sucked. It was so rough that my migrane ruined the bit of airtime I could remember after I nearly cracked my spine. Big diffrence in the two rides.

So overall point: I agree that if they aren't going to maintain a woody, dont make one.

yeah.. it really seems like they just can;t upkeep them at all, they just kinda wanna break a record... and don;t think about the future at all, they really all have excellent layouts, but they expect them to stay up just like the steel coasters... which they do not... but a gravity group would be an amazing addition, if they fecide to upkeep it

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterdave

according to Griffon it has a 1400 capacity which is the same capacity as Blue Streak.

You know how often that number was ever reached? We celebrated when we got 1000 riders per hour.

I think I'll have to edge my beat on another wooden coaster or a Euro-Fighter. CP isn't sending their mechanics to be trained by B&M in Switzerland thus they refuse to sell the part a ride, hence beamers are out. But a Euro-fighter can be sqeezed into any part of that place and it will still have a great ride. One could easily go in that area around Mantis and the Millenium Force island/ first drop area.

and a wooden coaster would be great for the sheer fact that the ratio between steel and wood is so off right now.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions